Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals - Page 15

post #141 of 200

The GPU you listed isn't a 750 Ti just so you know, it's a 750, and I'd shoot for a 2GB card in this day and age.
For the 8320 people usually say to shoot for the 900 series chipsets, I'm not entirely sure why I haven't built and AMD machine in awhile however I've given this a look which you may want to consider, this board has CF support but no SLI if you wanted to SLI an Nvidia card in the future, however I dont think that the 750s are SLI compatible GPUs.

I would drop the SSD if it was my build, unless you have a particular usage for it other than OS, that way you can put more into the GPU and get something beefier like a 270 or 270x.

EuroGamer has also got a review on this, and also TechPowerUP.
Edited by TopicClocker - 4/13/14 at 3:42pm
post #142 of 200
Okay thanks, what is the alternative of an 750ti red team?
My brothers wants an ssd thou, may get a WD 1tb blue for £30 than instead of the seagate? Along with samsung ssd.

Wow I missed that motherboard, looks good plus an 970 chipset. Thank you, may need to search deeper.

750ti seems quite reasonable, watching youtube videos of it playing bf4 on ultra with a consistent frame rate.

If you do not mind what would you recommend? Could you please list all the parts

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Rampage VI  GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Rampage VI  GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxcivic2k1 View Post

Man, OCN has turned into a bunch of whiny snobs. The trailer looks awesome and I personally can't wait to enjoy the game play. Last time I checked I don't play a game to criticize every minute little texture, I run around and complete missions and activities.

As far as Nvidia "teaming up", it usually doesn't turn out well but I'm not going to judge yet. AMD tried to help with BF4 but DICE took a huge dump on it and ruined the game for everyone.

well not really, many gamers are just really young.
post #144 of 200
..... What happened to "Can we please stop arguing"? Oh well, guess I might as well come back for round 1.x.... rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatPhoria View Post

I can agroup PC gamers into 2 main groups:

Group A: PC gamers who play LoL, Wow, Minecraft and games like that.
Group B: PC gamers that will ONLY play a game if it looks superb (very crisp HD textures is a must). Read comment #104 to see what I mean.

Oh wow. So apparently you can't appreciate both at the same time. Amazing. I must be an entirely 2d person. Awesome. I guess I better uninstall HALF my game library; I mean look at the horrible graphics in these games:
Far Cry 1, Half Life (1, 2, etc.), FEAR, Titan Quest, KOTOR1&2, Fall Out 1, Dead Space 1 (possibly 2 and 3 as well!), Just Cause 1, Dark Siders, CoH1, DoW:40k, AI War (LOOk AT IT!), RIse of Nations, Star Craft 1, Age of Empires 1 & 2, Age of Mythology, Empire Earth, Total Annihilation, FTL, Dungeon Keeper 1, Counter Strike: Sources, DoD:S, CoD4, Star Wars: Battlefront 1&2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Need for Speed: Underground, Silent Hunter 3, Duke Nukem 3D, and Hotline Miami.

No, I must hate all those games; I mean, they look awful compared to The Witcher 3 and Crysis 3. Wait, what? I don't hate those games? In fact, some of them are my favorite games? But how is this possible? I must definitely be in your "group 2", since I ripped on TLOU and Watch Dog's graphics. Well, I guess not. Turns out I like gameplay; a lot. However, years of experience (both paid and hobby) have left me with enough experience and knowledge about game development to know that pretty much any game out there that is "console first" in terms of graphics is just holding out on the user base.

A game artist wants his/her art to look at the best. A GOOD artist never stops and says "meh, good enough". They'll do the absolute best they can; tons of lights, shadows, crisp textures, etc. The problem is, the tech team steps in and says "no, you can't have that". Either the stupid forward rendering engine (TLOU) can't handle more than 3 shadow-casting light sources, or the GPU can't handle enough polygons, or the CPU can't crunch that much physics. Basically, the art team wants fancy graphics, and the tech team can't make it possible because they're so focused on making an SKU that works on console. They could easily just use the super HD textures on PC, or maybe enable some physics that they already developed (WD's coat physics). But instead, marketing or whatever, realizes that a gap as astronomically huge as the gap between console and PC would probably hurt sales; and as such, the PC version gets nerfed.

The Witcher 3 looks so incredibly good (seriously) BECAUSE they focused on PC. And guess what? Just because the ART team focused on ART, doesn't mean the GAMEPLAY team got any less time to work on the game! Wow! Amazing!

The other thing is, that even if you're enjoying the game, anyone paying attention can notice bad graphics. I, personally, have a pretty good eye for detail. I'll usually catch things in a second of video that other people won't really notice in a still; poorly clipping shadows, blurry textures, etc. It comes with experience. When I make a thing, I'll test it multiple times. After a while, you start noticing tiny things: "Is that lamp I made good enough?". No one else is going to pay attention to the lamp, but as the artist; you will. You then start applying your own standards to other's works (as anyone should), and you start noticing the absolute trash people try to push off as "good".

Quote:
Wrong. That's why I hate PC gamers. You people think you are superior for having "way better" visuals, when you don't realize you're paying like 5 times the price of a console to achieve all that, and sometimes those visuals you get are very inconclusive. You don't realize consoles were designed for gaming, PC's weren't. PC's are multi-purpose devices capable of deliver gaming experiences, that's it. I'm right now a console gamer, and I have a GTX590, so if I want I can achieve better graphics if I play a multi-platform game on my PC. I'm not an arrogant.

Some of us don't care. I want amazing graphics, and fluid FPS in some great games. To do that, I built a pretty decent desktop, and then bought TWO 144hz screens for it, because I like matching stuff, and because I like extra screen space. That's $600+ on screens. Alone. I could have bought a PS4, or an Xbox1 and some games for the same price; but I didn't. Console games look like trash compared to native 1080p@144fps. Seriously, just in the number of pixels, I'm pushing more than TEN TIMES more than most Xbox One titles, and 7x more than a PS4. And while I'm pushing those insane number of pixels, I'm also enjoying far higher resolution textures (sadly, my 570's only have 1.2gb vram), higher quality meshes, better view distances, better shading, etc.

Did I pay way more than I would have for a console? Well. Maybe. I don't have a TV - just a desktop (Netflix > TV, anyway). As a result, I don't pay for a TV sub or a monthly PS/X0 sub. A good TV these days (40"+ or something) probably runs around $1200-1500. So, let's say that the TV cancels out my screens, headset, keyboard and mouse (PC350, DK3009, Razer Deathadder). Well, my desktop was slightly under $2000 new, and I added a few bits here and there afterwards (Extra HDD's, etc.). So yea, I probably paid $1500 more for my tower than I would have for a console.

Do I mind? No. My desktop lets me post here, read stuff, watch TV, do work, hobby stuff (animation, game stuff), video editing, photoshop, etc. The list goes on. All while giving me FAR better graphics and frame rate.
Quote:
Graphics matter and a lot. But you PC gamers take it to a whole new level of importance. And that's why you sometimes don't get all the games. Why would a gaming developing company release a game on PC if you are not going to play it unless it looks amazing, astonishing, with the best looking textures ever made? You will always be unsatisfied with the result, since you think that they can look better. All this ends up being paradoxical because you say that console gamers can't have good graphics, and then you complain because you think PC games can look better. And do you know why is that? That's because you use the consoles as your point of reference and it's very clear that the difference in hardware between a high end PC is waay superior than the difference in graphics between them. See how it makes sense?

Yes, graphics do matter a lot to someone who works mostly with graphics. As for PC not getting a lot of games, that's not only because of poor graphics. Certain types of game just don't do well on PC; just look at CoD. Other games just weren't going to be on PC ever, because the publishers are holding them hostage on a specific platform (TLOU, GoW, Halo, etc.). But you can flip it, too. Some of the biggest games ever made are PC only; World of Warcraft, Star Craft 2, League of Legends, DayZ - the ENTIRE RTS and MMORPG genre (pretty much). On top of that, a LOT of games are just far better on PC: Counter Strike, Half Life, Crysis, Far Cry, Skyrim, etc.

Quote:
This game (watchdogs) is undeniably good looking. And that's just by the looks of a highly compressed YouTube video. I can't imagine how it would look real time. It may have been downgraded, but what can you do about it? The game looks georgouse, period. Stop whimpering about it, geez!

The thing is, it's not. Artistically, WatchDogs is going for a 'realistic' style; they're trying to make their game look as close to real as possible. As such, you can easily compare it to other games trying to do the same thing... and a lot games that have been out for a while now look better: Crysis 3, Metro: LL, even Crysis 2 looks better. ARMA 3 has better lighting, that's for sure. It looks worse than GTA4 with mods - that's the sad part; a professional team working for YEARS couldn't beat a few guys doing some work as a hobby and releasing their work for free.

As for what I can do about it? Well, the E3 2012 demo was 'real time'; we know that. It wasn't some off-site, pre-rendered thing made in 3DS. It was an interactive thing running in a game engine. So, I assume those shaders, textures, etc. and stuff still exist, so basically, until they release those assets (or make better ones), I'll just not buy the game. I'm tired of being lied to because the "next gen" consoles are so horrible; they show us one thing (that looks amazing), and then show us something else, because it wasn't going to be able to run on the target platform. If your game is going to look average, just show that. Don't set the bar high, then go far under it.
Base2
(21 items)
 
Edi
(13 items)
 
Zenbook
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k @ 4.75ghz @ 1.352v Asus p8p67 Deluxe Asus GTX 970 Strix ADATA XPG1 (2x8gb) @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x OCZ Agility 3  2x Toshiba 2tb Sata 3 OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate Barracuda 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Blu-Ray-RW  Corsair H70 3x Corsair AF 120 Silent Edition 2x AF 140 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Asus VG248QE Asus VG248QE Ducky Shine 3 (MX Black) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX 1200 Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder 2013 Creative X-FI Titanium HD 
Other
Sennheiser PC 350 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 740QM GTX 460m 2x 4gb DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 x64 15.1" (1920x1080) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2367M Intel HD 3000 4GB DDR3 Hitachi HDD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 13.3" 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
Base2
(21 items)
 
Edi
(13 items)
 
Zenbook
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k @ 4.75ghz @ 1.352v Asus p8p67 Deluxe Asus GTX 970 Strix ADATA XPG1 (2x8gb) @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x OCZ Agility 3  2x Toshiba 2tb Sata 3 OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate Barracuda 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Blu-Ray-RW  Corsair H70 3x Corsair AF 120 Silent Edition 2x AF 140 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Asus VG248QE Asus VG248QE Ducky Shine 3 (MX Black) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX 1200 Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder 2013 Creative X-FI Titanium HD 
Other
Sennheiser PC 350 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 740QM GTX 460m 2x 4gb DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 x64 15.1" (1920x1080) 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2367M Intel HD 3000 4GB DDR3 Hitachi HDD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 13.3" 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerkageTurk View Post

Okay thanks, what is the alternative of an 750ti red team?
My brothers wants an ssd thou, may get a WD 1tb blue for £30 than instead of the seagate? Along with samsung ssd.

Wow I missed that motherboard, looks good plus an 970 chipset. Thank you, may need to search deeper.

750ti seems quite reasonable, watching youtube videos of it playing bf4 on ultra with a consistent frame rate.

If you do not mind what would you recommend? Could you please list all the parts

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

An alternative is the 260X which is a little slower than the recently released 750 Ti, however there's also the 265X which is basically a 7850.

I've put this together for £448, you might want to research the parts and other parts though. the 270 was £20-30 more I think.

GPU:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GNE0CHI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Ram:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A77202C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Mobo:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CX4MUCC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
HDD:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006H32Q3S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A09355081NGCZLNUXQ0VI
PSU:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009RMP44O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Mobo:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009O7YU56/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I myself hadn't noticed PC Gaming has gotten so much more affordable, the case could add another 50 bringing it to £500 but there's cuts that can be made I suppose, maybe 1TB instead of 2TB to leave you with £19.4 more to spend.
This is just the hardware however, you've still got Windows to consider if that's worth thinking about it.

PC Gaming starts to get more expensive on the Intel and Nvidia side of things but easily I feel a 4670K could last 3+ years if you aren't packing some serious heavy GPU muscle for gaming such as SLI 780s etc, I've noticed CPUs start becoming bottlenecks in gaming scenarios when they've become "overwhelmed" with GPU power, you wouldn't expect a 4320 to pull SLI 780s, let alone a single 780.
Edited by TopicClocker - 4/13/14 at 4:57pm
post #146 of 200
Not to derail the thread but the creative director just confirmed the ultra specs. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-pc-ultra-specifications-revealed/1100-6418973/ 4770k with a 780.
post #147 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post

Not to derail the thread but the creative director just confirmed the ultra specs. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-pc-ultra-specifications-revealed/1100-6418973/ 4770k with a 780.

If that's true I hope it's running 60fps @1080p, this is a new engine so hopefully it's using all of those cores and threads, AC4 on AnvilNext hardly uses 3 cores from what I know, from the recent video it doesnt look as good as the E3 2012 but time will tell.

I'm tired of complaining over the visual downgrade, I just hope the game makes up for it in the gameplay and story department.
post #148 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post

Not to derail the thread but the creative director just confirmed the ultra specs. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-pc-ultra-specifications-revealed/1100-6418973/ 4770k with a 780.

My bet? Probably not true but then ubisoft has never been given to be very trustworthy publisher on PC side of things. tongue.gif

Also I see Kike has change his name.. Different name still the same dumb. tongue.gif
Edited by NinjaToast - 4/13/14 at 5:02pm
post #149 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisoft 
PC Gamers! Take a look at how Watch Dogs and Nvidia are working together to create the most visually stunning Chicago possible!

With things like this being said of course people are going to have things to pick at. The character models and the textures in general are lacking...and the sand is apparently made out of cement since it doesn't move whatsoever.

This game looks pretty interesting but I think I'll hold off until I see some reviews, it looks like it could become boring pretty quick.
This, The Division, and Destiny are the only things I'm looking forward to this year.
post #150 of 200
Personally, GTAV is where my money will be at. However, if it was similar to the e3 demo than maybe I will consider purchasing it but not on this occasion as it is not justified. Look at them graphics, I mean crysis 1 had moving animals, bushes, trees, sand, water, etc and that was in 2007?
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Rampage VI  GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Rampage VI  GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Video: Watch Dogs trailer shows improved PC visuals