Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse review - by Ino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Sponsored] Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse review - by Ino - Page 9

post #81 of 422
I still don't like the construction of this mouse cause it seems like the ultimate dirtcatcher and eater with all those cyber iron man cracks.

And the sensor isn't anything to get excited about, if you didn't even made the experience of personal technical sensorwise mousemovementboundaries with a over decade old IntelliMouse, cause i am playing a 40 cm per 360 degree sense in Counter strike since years which i experienced as the greatest for all gameplay situations and even those old intellis did a unquestionable excellent job and i already had way better mice after those technically.

Means the technical progress is welcome, cause technique will progress always to a specific point and we live in ages of technique, but from a specific point you gotta question this Progress in Terms of the real need in your personal use.

you can compare it with a presented 600 PS Car you are not able and don't have the need to drive at a Speed over 100 km/h.

So technique is one aspect, but the real Need of 12000 dpi and and malufunctionspeed of over 7 another one and i am just speaking from my personal experience with over 30 different mice in the last years just meant as a personal opinion.
Edited by mousefan - 4/15/14 at 8:43am
post #82 of 422
I think most of us in the forum are well informed, and not the standard ignorant 14 year old kid that only bothers looking at mouse dpis when looking for a mouse.

All in all, the shape isnt for everyone as any other mouse, but the rest, is pretty up in "the standards" .

Everything is this mouse is very well executed, and just maybe because you dont like the shape or the button positioning for instance dosent makes this mouse a single bit worse.

Many people love the sensei, and still now are paying the same to get one, and that mouse fails short of the g502 in every department.

The avior 7000 has similar price, no but no weights, a worse sensor(still brilliant) , and a worse scrollwheel.

To bad this mouse hasnt still arrived to portugal local retailers frown.gif
post #83 of 422
Ofcourse you know. My opoinion wasn't meant to convince, I am just saying that i already spent a load of Money for mice and have my personal views because of that too,

if i wanna spend my Money on a new product, no question i would do it and so you do.
post #84 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by InVicT2009 View Post

I think most of us in the forum are well informed, and not the standard ignorant 14 year old kid that only bothers looking at mouse dpis when looking for a mouse.

All in all, the shape isnt for everyone as any other mouse, but the rest, is pretty up in "the standards" .

Everything is this mouse is very well executed, and just maybe because you dont like the shape or the button positioning for instance dosent makes this mouse a single bit worse.

Many people love the sensei, and still now are paying the same to get one, and that mouse fails short of the g502 in every department.

The avior 7000 has similar price, no but no weights, a worse sensor(still brilliant) , and a worse scrollwheel.

To bad this mouse hasnt still arrived to portugal local retailers frown.gif

Well executed for you maybe.
Sorry but shape, design, weight is a part of the execution.
Sniper button for example is not a good use for the majority of the people.

Shape is one of the most important thing for the majority of the people, and thats why people still buy for example the sensei even with an avago 9500.

Most people don't care about acceleration and the biggest part have no Idea that such a thing even exist.

The sensor seems great in g502. But It falls short on every single thing else in my book.
It is one of the heaviest mice of all time (not smart)
The scrollwheel is nothing special at all, freescroll is something some enjoy, others think It is useless like me.

You compare it to the avior 7000.
In my country (sweden) the avior is 60 euro and the g502 85 euro. So similar price here, not even close in any way.
Avior is also much lighter which is much better.
The scrollwheel is not worse, It is just as good in terms of feel and read, freescroll still garbage.

You compare "features" just because you think they are better.
But in real life It is not better if the buyer does not 1. Enjoy them, 2. Don't have a need for them (which means paying extra or adding crap for no reason)

All in all, Im glad if you are enjoying your g502.
That does not mean It is the best mouse ever made, maybe for you.

For me It is 100% useless garbage, does not matter if the sensor is the best sensor in history.
Compare that to any other item, buy a car with the best engine ever, still garbage if It is clunky to handle.
post #85 of 422
the sensor is good. If you don't mind the shape, the excessive buttons, excessive weight, and heavy and slick scroll wheel; it should be a great mouse for you.
post #86 of 422
Thread Starter 
One thing I also noted: the seperate buttons actually do have a much nicer feel than any other mice lately. Reminds me of the older Razer mice or my Habu.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

Well executed for you maybe.
Sorry but shape, design, weight is a part of the execution.
Sniper button for example is not a good use for the majority of the people.

Shape is one of the most important thing for the majority of the people, and thats why people still buy for example the sensei even with an avago 9500.

Most people don't care about acceleration and the biggest part have no Idea that such a thing even exist.

The sensor seems great in g502. But It falls short on every single thing else in my book.
It is one of the heaviest mice of all time (not smart)
The scrollwheel is nothing special at all, freescroll is something some enjoy, others think It is useless like me.

You compare it to the avior 7000.
In my country (sweden) the avior is 60 euro and the g502 85 euro. So similar price here, not even close in any way.
Avior is also much lighter which is much better.
The scrollwheel is not worse, It is just as good in terms of feel and read, freescroll still garbage.

You compare "features" just because you think they are better.
But in real life It is not better if the buyer does not 1. Enjoy them, 2. Don't have a need for them (which means paying extra or adding crap for no reason)

All in all, Im glad if you are enjoying your g502.
That does not mean It is the best mouse ever made, maybe for you.

For me It is 100% useless garbage, does not matter if the sensor is the best sensor in history.
Compare that to any other item, buy a car with the best engine ever, still garbage if It is clunky to handle.

I agree with ergonomics. This is a palm mouse. But avior has its faults too. It is more of a fingertouch mouse for my hands and I had difficulty comfortably using it for long gaming sessions because of the hybrid palm/fingertouch shape. The avior is also relatively heavy too so that's not a huge advantage. Everyone has their own preferences but I think you are overselling the avior 7000 and underselling the g502.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post

the sensor is good. If you don't mind the shape, the excessive buttons, excessive weight, and heavy and slick scroll wheel; it should be a great mouse for you.

I think this sums it up well. Lots of FPS'ers prefer no-frills perfect tracking, light mice with only 2 buttons. This mouse is definitely not for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post

I still don't like the construction of this mouse cause it seems like the ultimate dirtcatcher and eater with all those cyber iron man cracks.

And the sensor isn't anything to get excited about, if you didn't even made the experience of personal technical sensorwise mousemovementboundaries with a over decade old IntelliMouse, cause i am playing a 40 cm per 360 degree sense in Counter strike since years which i experienced as the greatest for all gameplay situations and even those old intellis did a unquestionable excellent job and i already had way better mice after those technically.

Means the technical progress is welcome, cause technique will progress always to a specific point and we live in ages of technique, but from a specific point you gotta question this Progress in Terms of the real need in your personal use.

you can compare it with a presented 600 PS Car you are not able and don't have the need to drive at a Speed over 100 km/h.

So technique is one aspect, but the real Need of 12000 dpi and and malufunctionspeed of over 7 another one and i am just speaking from my personal experience with over 30 different mice in the last years just meant as a personal opinion.

It seems like you only play FPS and as such never needed to move on from your intellimouse 3.0. However each person has different needs. I love the shape of my zowie fk but I hate the limiting dpi steps. I think I'd rather play at 1400 dpi to have a good balance between control and speed for RTS on my big monitor. I also want to go down to 400 dpi at a lower resolution to play CS 1.6 when I do try and play that again. Most people have needs (even hardcore gamers) that require a more versatile sensor than one that is always stuck at 400 dpi like the intellimouse is. We've yet to have an increment variable sensor with perfect tracking like the the new Avago sensor and it's a great addition to the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

One thing I also noted: the seperate buttons actually do have a much nicer feel than any other mice lately. Reminds me of the older Razer mice or my Habu.

I actually got this mouse because of all the talk about it even tough I prefer small light mice. This is definitely one of the best features of the mouse and was mentioned by the logitech guy in one of his videos. The fact that the buttons are independent of the shell (like the CM Storm spawn) makes clicking much more consistent. On a unishell mouse, depending on where you depress the mouse button, you will have a different tactile sensation. Most people won't notice or care but consistency is key to increasing results.

I also actually really like the sniper button too which I didn't expect to as an RTS player. It's really easy to depress when I want to use it but I don't find it so soft that I accidentally depress it. It's helped me micro a bit in Starcraft when focus firing and I never expected that.

This mouse is probably a little bit too big and heavy for me as a claw gamer but I found it overall a very, very good mouse. Logitech should release a version of the g9x that has a lot of the same features in a smaller form factor. I'm sure most of the people on these boards complaining right now would gobble it up
post #88 of 422
@Ino.

how easy is it to reach the thumb buttons for you? my problem with the G400 was that the thumb buttons were somewhere under the middle section of my thumb and I had to really move back my entire thumb bone that holds the finger to reach those buttons. I see the G502 has three buttons can you reach the front two of them ok?
Problem child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k 4.6GHz@1.300v Z87X-UD3H XFX R9 290/290X + ACX3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO Thermalright Macho HR-02 Rev. A 4x bequiet! ShadowWings 1LS Benq XL2411T 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G550 Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 2013 Asus Xonar Essence STX 
Audio
AKG K701 
  hide details  
Reply
Problem child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k 4.6GHz@1.300v Z87X-UD3H XFX R9 290/290X + ACX3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO Thermalright Macho HR-02 Rev. A 4x bequiet! ShadowWings 1LS Benq XL2411T 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G550 Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 2013 Asus Xonar Essence STX 
Audio
AKG K701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 422
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gero2013 View Post

@Ino.

how easy is it to reach the thumb buttons for you? my problem with the G400 was that the thumb buttons were somewhere under the middle section of my thumb and I had to really move back my entire thumb bone that holds the finger to reach those buttons. I see the G502 has three buttons can you reach the front two of them ok?

To me the sidebuttons are pretty much in the perfect place, I can reach them all comfortably. But that is just for my hand, so I really can't give out recommendations because of that
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

Well executed for you maybe.
Sorry but shape, design, weight is a part of the execution.
Sniper button for example is not a good use for the majority of the people.

Shape is one of the most important thing for the majority of the people, and thats why people still buy for example the sensei even with an avago 9500.

Most people don't care about acceleration and the biggest part have no Idea that such a thing even exist.

The sensor seems great in g502. But It falls short on every single thing else in my book.
It is one of the heaviest mice of all time (not smart)
The scrollwheel is nothing special at all, freescroll is something some enjoy, others think It is useless like me.

You compare it to the avior 7000.
In my country (sweden) the avior is 60 euro and the g502 85 euro. So similar price here, not even close in any way.
Avior is also much lighter which is much better.
The scrollwheel is not worse, It is just as good in terms of feel and read, freescroll still garbage.

You compare "features" just because you think they are better.
But in real life It is not better if the buyer does not 1. Enjoy them, 2. Don't have a need for them (which means paying extra or adding crap for no reason)

All in all, Im glad if you are enjoying your g502.
That does not mean It is the best mouse ever made, maybe for you.

For me It is 100% useless garbage, does not matter if the sensor is the best sensor in history.
Compare that to any other item, buy a car with the best engine ever, still garbage if It is clunky to handle.


Shape cant be a down side, many people love the g5 , g400 mx518 shape this mouse is oriented to that people just because you dont like dosent make it a bad choice ergonomics wise.
You can love an ambidextrous mouse, but there also tons of people that dont like it.

Next , you say this mouse is heavy, it is, intresting part is that without weights the rival is 7 grams heavier but still is recomended everywhere .
Weight is highly subjective, some people like them light like some like them heavy.

The recomended price for the mionix mouse is 79,99€
Quote:
Mionix™ AVIOR 7000 will be available worldwide to pre-order today and delivery in December 2013
Suggested retail price: $79.99 / €79.99 / £69.99 / 699 SEK

Just because in your country its cheaper dosent mean it is the recomended price.

Features are always a plus when they dont get in your way when you play.

I can buy a mouse with 1000000 buttons , and i wont use them, but maybe one day , when i need them they are there.

A car is crap when everything except the "motor" (as you refered as the sensor in a mouse) is crap, too bad you are saying this based on a subjective opinion witch is the shape, the shape isnt crap, you just dont like it, but the majority of the people this mouse is aimed to like it.

They didnt make the mouse especially for you, they made it for the people who love the g400 shape or close to that.

Saying that a mouse is complete trash just because they didnt design it according to your specific needs is plain stupid.

Thats like saying classic music is trash just because you like house music.
Edited by InVicT2009 - 4/15/14 at 1:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware Reviews Program
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse review - by Ino