Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [DSO] (Scripted Speedrun) Speedrunner Finishes Half-Life In Twenty Minutes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[DSO] (Scripted Speedrun) Speedrunner Finishes Half-Life In Twenty Minutes - Page 8

post #71 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatleftnut View Post

Why are you even arguing over this? When did your argument change from "this isn't a speedrun" to "wahh they didn't complete the game". Also, cherry picking a single definition of a word doesn't make you right, either.
I went ahead and acknowledged that there were speed runs where glitching/cheating was involved. I wasn't aware it was a "thing". That still doesn't mean they are "completing" the game. They are beating it.

As for the definitions; I cherry picked more than one definition. You sir, only cherry picked one. In what YOU posted (thanks, by the way), more of those definitions support my claims than yours. /convo

But seriously, I'm right. Logic is fully on my side.
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

I went ahead and acknowledged that there were speed runs where glitching/cheating was involved. I wasn't aware it was a "thing". That still doesn't mean they are "completing" the game. They are beating it.

As for the definitions; I cherry picked more than one definition. You sir, only cherry picked one. In what YOU posted (thanks, by the way), more of those definitions support my claims than yours. /convo

But seriously, I'm right. Logic is fully on my side.

You do realize the word can mean any single one of those definitions, correct? I didn't cherry pick any definition, I gave the full list. You decided to withhold the one I bolded, which would demonstrate they ARE completing the game. It doesn't matter if it's a single definition, it's a definition nonetheless, which means that is what the word means. Logic isn't on your side, because you're ignoring that.
post #73 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatleftnut View Post

You do realize the word can mean any single one of those definitions, correct? I didn't cherry pick any definition, I gave the full list. You decided to withhold the one I bolded, which would demonstrate they ARE completing the game. It doesn't matter if it's a single definition, it's a definition nonetheless, which means that is what the word means. Logic isn't on your side, because you're ignoring that.

I'm not ignoring it. It means everything that definition says it means, but conclusions, as it says, don't just come from thin air. They are worked toward. Something skipping entire sections isn't. Beating. Not complete. thumb.gif

Logic IS in my side. Along with the English language.
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

I'm not ignoring it. It means everything that definition says it means, but conclusions, as it says, don't just come from thin air. They are worked toward. Something skipping entire sections isn't. Beating. Not complete. thumb.gif

Logic IS in my side. Along with the English language.
The English language is on your side, right next to where "beating" is the preferred word of choice over "completing" IE: Nowhere
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beat

Ok, I'm done with derailing the thread, you continue to live in your ignorance.
post #75 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
THAT is awesome.

I watched the whole thing, impressive biggrin.gif
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

I watched the whole thing, impressive biggrin.gif

I know, right? The guy had his game face on the WHOLE time. Believe it was the PC version as well:P
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [DSO] (Scripted Speedrun) Speedrunner Finishes Half-Life In Twenty Minutes