Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Nvidia or AMD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nvidia or AMD - Page 8

Poll Results: AMD or Nvidea

 
  • 28% (11)
    AMD
  • 71% (27)
    Nvidea
38 Total Votes  
post #71 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam60I View Post

Okay thanks for your help. But as I said earlier, and the r9 290 is more then I can afford and I don't like buying used hardware.
What is your budget?
And would you consider buying a used one on here instead of from something less random?
Main Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardHard DriveHard Drive
i7 - 4770k Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 Crucial MX300 525GB SSD Western Digital 5 Terabyte Hard Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64-bit (Pro) 27" Qnix 1440p DVI 27" Qnix 1440p Multi-Input 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710 Corsair AX760 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Mionix 7000 
Mouse Pad
Mionix 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardHard DriveHard Drive
i7 - 4770k Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 Crucial MX300 525GB SSD Western Digital 5 Terabyte Hard Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 10 64-bit (Pro) 27" Qnix 1440p DVI 27" Qnix 1440p Multi-Input 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710 Corsair AX760 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Mionix 7000 
Mouse Pad
Mionix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 110
If 290 is out of your budget then I would suggest

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130949
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202046

If you are interested in nvidia features go for the 760 if you prefer better performance go for the 280X
Either way you could do dual setup later with very good performance for a long time and support for DirectX 12.
post #73 of 110
Grab a Gigabyte 280x: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125490

Plus a Giga UD5 Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128509

but seriously just an extra $50 more and you could grab a R9 290, i had a 7970 before and the performance increase was very noticeable.
It's worth the extra cash imo.
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 110
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all your help guys.

I would like to buy a card that's silencious and well cooled. The very maximum I can 400$. The ideal price would be 350$. I would like to be able to make a multi screen setup but that's optional. Also, I'll making a crossfire/SLI in a year. I was thinking to buy either this card
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121803
Or this one.
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125490

But the poll is making me hesitate lol. Could you guys explain me why do you choose a graphic card instead of another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterois View Post

If 290 is out of your budget then I would suggest

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130949
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202046

If you are interested in nvidia features go for the 760 if you prefer better performance go for the 280X
Either way you could do dual setup later with very good performance for a long time and support for DirectX 12.

Isn't 4gb an overkill for the performance the gtx 760 even in SLI? And the sapphire is very lound and can reach very high temperature from what I can read in the reviews which isn't ideal when making a crossfire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

Grab a Gigabyte 280x: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125490

Plus a Giga UD5 Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128509

but seriously just an extra $50 more and you could grab a R9 290, i had a 7970 before and the performance increase was very noticeable.
It's worth the extra cash imo.

I can't especially if I choose this motherboard lol. Isn't the 990FXA-UD3 enough? I think the vrm problems were fixed with rev 4.
post #75 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam60I View Post

Thanks for all your help guys.

I would like to buy a card that's silencious and well cooled. The very maximum I can 400$. The ideal price would be 350$. I would like to be able to make a multi screen setup but that's optional. Also, I'll making a crossfire/SLI in a year. I was thinking to buy either this card
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121803
Or this one.
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125490

But the poll is making me hesitate lol. Could you guys explain me why do you choose a graphic card instead of another one?
Isn't 4gb an overkill for the performance the gtx 760 even in SLI? And the sapphire is very lound and can reach very high temperature from what I can read in the reviews which isn't ideal when making a crossfire.
I can't especially if I choose this motherboard lol. Isn't the 990FXA-UD3 enough? I think the vrm problems were fixed with rev 4.

The Rev4 UD3 would be enough but if you are planning on some decent CPU clocks then you want a UD5/M5A990FX Pro or something as a minimum.

the UD3 is enough for 4.4 24/7 or so but anything higher i'd want a better Motherboard personally.

People generally choose what they have expiriance in, i've owned a Giga 7970 (280x) and paired with my 8150 and 8350 it flew through games at 1080p, the 290 would just be even better is all.

If your budget won't allow it then my vote is the Rev4 UD3 and Giga R9 280x.
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 110
The EVGA 760 4GB is probably one of the best options you can get and when you sli you won't be limited by memory limitations at higher resolutions.
The ASUS and Gigabyte 280Xs are better options than Sapphire if you don't mind the small price difference (I only suggested that particular model because of your strict budget) You could crossfire with any other 280X in the future as AMD allows many kinds of different setups.
post #77 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pterois View Post

The EVGA 760 4GB is probably one of the best options you can get and when you sli you won't be limited by memory limitations at higher resolutions.
The ASUS and Gigabyte 280Xs are better options than Sapphire if you don't mind the small price difference (I only suggested that particular model because of your strict budget) You could crossfire with any other 280X in the future as AMD allows many kinds of different setups.

So you think the gtx760 would be a better option than the r9 280x? Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

The Rev4 UD3 would be enough but if you are planning on some decent CPU clocks then you want a UD5/M5A990FX Pro or something as a minimum.

the UD3 is enough for 4.4 24/7 or so but anything higher i'd want a better Motherboard personally.

People generally choose what they have expiriance in, i've owned a Giga 7970 (280x) and paired with my 8150 and 8350 it flew through games at 1080p, the 290 would just be even better is all.

If your budget won't allow it then my vote is the Rev4 UD3 and Giga R9 280x.

Okay thanks.
post #78 of 110
I'm saying that if you decide to go with nvidia this particular model of the 760 is the right one for your price range. The 280X gives better performance more comparable to the 770 than the 760 and the Gigabyte is definitely one of the best in both performance and temperatures and it looks great if that is a factor for your choice.
post #79 of 110
Thread Starter 
Ok I'll go for the r9 280x guys thanks for your help. The only thing I'm now is which one is better between the directcu II and the windforce? Silence is very important.
post #80 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam60I View Post

Ok I'll go for the r9 280x guys thanks for your help. The only thing I'm now is which one is better between the directcu II and the windforce? Silence is very important.

Get the Windforce. Asus 7970's were generally terrible. I don't know if they fixed that with the 280x or not.
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 1.35v GA-P67A-UD​7 (rev. 1.​0) Asus RX 580 8GB Dual Crossfire Asus RX 580 8GB Dual Crossfire 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston HyperX 16GB (4x4) DDR3-1600 Crucial MX100 512GB RAID0 (2x 256GB) CoolerMaster Liquid Pro 240mm Windows 10 x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
(Fut.) Crossover 34" 3440x1440 Curved (Cur.) Dell 20/30/20 PLP Eyefinity Razer Chroma PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK II 950w 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Thermaltake View 27 Snow Edition Logitech G602 Dayton MK402 Dayton DTA-120 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 1.35v GA-P67A-UD​7 (rev. 1.​0) Asus RX 580 8GB Dual Crossfire Asus RX 580 8GB Dual Crossfire 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston HyperX 16GB (4x4) DDR3-1600 Crucial MX100 512GB RAID0 (2x 256GB) CoolerMaster Liquid Pro 240mm Windows 10 x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
(Fut.) Crossover 34" 3440x1440 Curved (Cur.) Dell 20/30/20 PLP Eyefinity Razer Chroma PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK II 950w 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Thermaltake View 27 Snow Edition Logitech G602 Dayton MK402 Dayton DTA-120 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Nvidia or AMD