Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › Low Budget Gaming PC idea
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Low Budget Gaming PC idea - Page 2

post #11 of 73
This would be a build that I would want to try, I did a trinity build awhile back for a buddy and I've always been intruged by the APUS. The benches I've seen of Kavari with a 250 are pretty awesome.

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ 95W Quad-Core $184.99 + free battlefield 4

MSI A78M-E45 FM2+ $67.99 , much more highly rated then the similar board you posted.

MSI R7 250 2GD3 OC Radeon $74.99 Mantle support, hybrid crossfires with your APU

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) $74.99

My HDD choice is the 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue. 60$

My Power Supply choice is the Thermaltake TR2 TR-500 500W. 45$

My Case choice is the Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus. 50$

Total: $557.96

Overall I agree with everyone else, 16GB would really be overkill.
Mini Monster
(13 items)
 
Dedicated Miner
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K MSI H110I Pro Nivida GeForce GTX 1080 FE G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
HyperX Savage 2.5" 240GB SSD PNY 2.5" 480GB SSD Corsair H75 AIO Cooler Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU bprz 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 EVGA 120-G1-0650-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 650 W Cooler Master Elite 130 
Mouse
Steel Series Sensei 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel E5-1650 Dell OEM Gigabyte 1050 TI Gigabyte 1050 TI 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Dell OEM 16GB (4x4) DDR3 WD Blue 160GB Dell OEM Dell OEM 
OSCaseCase
Windows 7 Professional Dell OEM Dell OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini Monster
(13 items)
 
Dedicated Miner
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K MSI H110I Pro Nivida GeForce GTX 1080 FE G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
HyperX Savage 2.5" 240GB SSD PNY 2.5" 480GB SSD Corsair H75 AIO Cooler Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU bprz 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 EVGA 120-G1-0650-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 650 W Cooler Master Elite 130 
Mouse
Steel Series Sensei 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel E5-1650 Dell OEM Gigabyte 1050 TI Gigabyte 1050 TI 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Dell OEM 16GB (4x4) DDR3 WD Blue 160GB Dell OEM Dell OEM 
OSCaseCase
Windows 7 Professional Dell OEM Dell OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr soft View Post

Yeh the ram could drop daown to 8 gig but otherwise it looks pretty good.
You could swap out the board as well with this one , same price but 88X chipset and heatsinks on the mosfets.

MSI A88XM-E45 FM2+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130745

edit , you could throw the extra cash saved on the ram at a SSD 120g or so.

88X chipset is niceeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBoy View Post

This would be a build that I would want to try, I did a trinity build awhile back for a buddy and I've always been intruged by the APUS. The benches I've seen of Kavari with a 250 are pretty awesome.

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ 95W Quad-Core $184.99 + free battlefield 4

MSI A78M-E45 FM2+ $67.99 , much more highly rated then the similar board you posted.

MSI R7 250 2GD3 OC Radeon $74.99 Mantle support, hybrid crossfires with your APU

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) $74.99

My HDD choice is the 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue. 60$

My Power Supply choice is the Thermaltake TR2 TR-500 500W. 45$

My Case choice is the Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus. 50$

Total: $557.96

Overall I agree with everyone else, 16GB would really be overkill.

It looks like a pretty nice modfication smile.gif
Edited by Telschow - 4/17/14 at 9:47am
post #13 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBoy View Post

This would be a build that I would want to try, I did a trinity build awhile back for a buddy and I've always been intruged by the APUS. The benches I've seen of Kavari with a 250 are pretty awesome.

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ 95W Quad-Core $184.99 + free battlefield 4

MSI A78M-E45 FM2+ $67.99 , much more highly rated then the similar board you posted.

MSI R7 250 2GD3 OC Radeon $74.99 Mantle support, hybrid crossfires with your APU

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) $74.99

My HDD choice is the 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue. 60$

My Power Supply choice is the Thermaltake TR2 TR-500 500W. 45$

My Case choice is the Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus. 50$

Total: $557.96

Overall I agree with everyone else, 16GB would really be overkill.

It looks like a pretty nice modfication smile.gif
post #14 of 73
Hey OP, check out this thread I made

http://www.overclock.net/t/1478794/cheap-gaming-challenge-closed/0_100

Has a bunch of different builds for cheap rigs that can play BF4 on high. No thats not what your playing necessarily, but its a good benchmark.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 73
I would suggest getting rid of that psu and using something better, like the rosewill capstone line. they are 80+ gold and are very well built with japanese capacitors and is based on the super flower golden green.
Budget Rig V2
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 P6T DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 G.skill Sniper 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.skill Sniper Hitachi Raijintek Themis Windows 7 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 750M Corsair C70 Dell Mouse Samson SR950 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
G.Skill sniper G. Western Digital WD Green Asetek 510lc w/rosewill hypoborea push/pull 
OSMonitorCaseAudio
Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 144ox900 @75hz Corsair C70 Arctic White topping tp 12 amp 
  hide details  
Reply
Budget Rig V2
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 P6T DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 G.skill Sniper 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.skill Sniper Hitachi Raijintek Themis Windows 7 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 750M Corsair C70 Dell Mouse Samson SR950 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
G.Skill sniper G. Western Digital WD Green Asetek 510lc w/rosewill hypoborea push/pull 
OSMonitorCaseAudio
Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 144ox900 @75hz Corsair C70 Arctic White topping tp 12 amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 73
I would cut the RAM down to 2X4 so it's 8 gigs, no need for 16 with a low budget game machine, just my 2 cents. The power supply is good but I think corsair makes a quieter and modular power supply....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139049
Black Baby
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Asus DirectCU II 7970 16 GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector x2 Raid 0 None XIGMATEK Dark Knight (2 blue fans) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS278Q-P 27 Inch Razer Chroma Ultra X4 1050 Watt Antec Twelve Hundred (with blue window tint mod) 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Imperator (blue) HyperX Fury Pro Asus Onboard Ideazon Fang Gaming Keypad 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Baby
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Asus DirectCU II 7970 16 GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector x2 Raid 0 None XIGMATEK Dark Knight (2 blue fans) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS278Q-P 27 Inch Razer Chroma Ultra X4 1050 Watt Antec Twelve Hundred (with blue window tint mod) 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Imperator (blue) HyperX Fury Pro Asus Onboard Ideazon Fang Gaming Keypad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 73
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($60.14 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card ($152.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $548.06
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-16 18:58 EDT-0400)

Just a hair under $575 if you ignore the mail-in rebates. I would advise against FM2+ (APU/Athlon) if possible, $575 is within the price range for the better 6300 and you will actually have an upgrade path with AM3+.
post #18 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Hey OP, check out this thread I made

http://www.overclock.net/t/1478794/cheap-gaming-challenge-closed/0_100

Has a bunch of different builds for cheap rigs that can play BF4 on high. No thats not what your playing necessarily, but its a good benchmark.

Nice build. Thanks for the idea!! smile.gif
post #19 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCoGnIt0 View Post

I would cut the RAM down to 2X4 so it's 8 gigs, no need for 16 with a low budget game machine, just my 2 cents. The power supply is good but I think corsair makes a quieter and modular power supply....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139049

Yeah, you're right. Silence is better than everything.
post #20 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra-m-a-n View Post

I would suggest getting rid of that psu and using something better, like the rosewill capstone line. they are 80+ gold and are very well built with japanese capacitors and is based on the super flower golden green.

Which one do you mean exactly? Is this PSU better than the CORSAIR CXM 430W??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › Low Budget Gaming PC idea