Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [RT] Zalman Announces Reserator 3 Max Dual Liquid CPU Cooler
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[RT] Zalman Announces Reserator 3 Max Dual Liquid CPU Cooler - Page 2

post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt View Post

The fans on the H100i are just horrible, especially if you are running them on max or performance mode. If this new AIO from Zalman manages to beat the H100i then it has my money.

Fans that come included with the H100i are enough to get you up and running. Same with the pre-applied sheet of thermal paste.


Improving on both categories will grant you much better temps at all loads and a much lower Delta T.


I was able to achieve a Delta T of 2.5C way back in 2013 when I first got my H100i. It took 16 separate and arduously frustrating cold plate seatings using 4 hands and only gravity to rest the cold plate, any movement right or left added additional air pockets into the custom inline with die TIM application and voided any attempt at a lower Delta.


I sent my photos and screenshots to George and Anandtech, he was not surprised with the capability of the unit, Anandtech got 9C out of the box with no modifications. The 2.5C Delta is achievable if you have the patience a friend to help you and a full tube of TIM, yet difficult to reproduce if you change out your thermal material often, every 6months for best results.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K 5.2Ghz easy boot/validate, 5.0GHz C... Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX760 Direct CU as placeholder, waiting o... Corsair Dominator GT 2X4GB 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 120GB SSD two in RAID0 1.1GB/s read w... Asus 22X uninstalled XSPC RX360 v3 split-fin rad EK Supremacy EVO ni... Windows 8.1 Pro $39.99 download 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Planar PXL2790MW 2560x1440 glossy 440cd/m2 brig... Happy Hacking HHKB Pro 2 black base Fujitsu/PFU... Corsair AX860 860watt hybrid silent to 65% load... CaseLabs Mercury S8 white interior black exteri... 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT9 gloss black red accents Razer Manticore solid aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K 5.2Ghz easy boot/validate, 5.0GHz C... Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX760 Direct CU as placeholder, waiting o... Corsair Dominator GT 2X4GB 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 120GB SSD two in RAID0 1.1GB/s read w... Asus 22X uninstalled XSPC RX360 v3 split-fin rad EK Supremacy EVO ni... Windows 8.1 Pro $39.99 download 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Planar PXL2790MW 2560x1440 glossy 440cd/m2 brig... Happy Hacking HHKB Pro 2 black base Fujitsu/PFU... Corsair AX860 860watt hybrid silent to 65% load... CaseLabs Mercury S8 white interior black exteri... 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT9 gloss black red accents Razer Manticore solid aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 41
Is it one of those everyone is gonna end up telling me "if you don't go big on water get a Noctua"? sadsmiley.gif
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post

Is it one of those everyone is gonna end up telling me "if you don't go big on water get a Noctua"? sadsmiley.gif

You can achieve truly amazing results with any AIO if you just modify it a little, better fans, custom TIM. Just need the time and willingness to get it there, it's not easy.

My H100i gets much better idle Delta temps than many sloppily applied water loops. The key is the seating, if you don't have the patience for a good seating and it takes many attempts over a few days or a decent afternoon dedicated to the process.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K 5.2Ghz easy boot/validate, 5.0GHz C... Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX760 Direct CU as placeholder, waiting o... Corsair Dominator GT 2X4GB 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 120GB SSD two in RAID0 1.1GB/s read w... Asus 22X uninstalled XSPC RX360 v3 split-fin rad EK Supremacy EVO ni... Windows 8.1 Pro $39.99 download 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Planar PXL2790MW 2560x1440 glossy 440cd/m2 brig... Happy Hacking HHKB Pro 2 black base Fujitsu/PFU... Corsair AX860 860watt hybrid silent to 65% load... CaseLabs Mercury S8 white interior black exteri... 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT9 gloss black red accents Razer Manticore solid aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K 5.2Ghz easy boot/validate, 5.0GHz C... Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX760 Direct CU as placeholder, waiting o... Corsair Dominator GT 2X4GB 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 120GB SSD two in RAID0 1.1GB/s read w... Asus 22X uninstalled XSPC RX360 v3 split-fin rad EK Supremacy EVO ni... Windows 8.1 Pro $39.99 download 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Planar PXL2790MW 2560x1440 glossy 440cd/m2 brig... Happy Hacking HHKB Pro 2 black base Fujitsu/PFU... Corsair AX860 860watt hybrid silent to 65% load... CaseLabs Mercury S8 white interior black exteri... 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT9 gloss black red accents Razer Manticore solid aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 41
what is the retention system like on these?
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBruce View Post

You can achieve truly amazing results with any AIO if you just modify it a little, better fans, custom TIM. Just need the time and willingness to get it there, it's not easy.

My H100i gets much better idle Delta temps than many sloppily applied water loops. The key is the seating, if you don't have the patience for a good seating and it takes many attempts over a few days or a decent afternoon dedicated to the process.

I got scared of H100/i mainly because of the stories of leaks and deaths of the pump.
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 41
oh one thing about the fins on the "radiator" its an open design which means air that goes past it would leak through the sides and in the case of being mounted inside a PC case it would still fill the case with hot air while traditional radiators would have exhausted it all

another thing is that i dont see push pull being an option with this
post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBruce View Post

Fans that come included with the H100i are enough to get you up and running. Same with the pre-applied sheet of thermal paste.


Improving on both categories will grant you much better temps at all loads and a much lower Delta T.


I was able to achieve a Delta T of 2.5C way back in 2013 when I first got my H100i. It took 16 separate and arduously frustrating cold plate seatings using 4 hands and only gravity to rest the cold plate, any movement right or left added additional air pockets into the custom inline with die TIM application and voided any attempt at a lower Delta.


I sent my photos and screenshots to George and Anandtech, he was not surprised with the capability of the unit, Anandtech got 9C out of the box with no modifications. The 2.5C Delta is achievable if you have the patience a friend to help you and a full tube of TIM, yet difficult to reproduce if you change out your thermal material often, every 6months for best results.

Not to sound like a noob, but I am when it comes to water cooling, what is the Delta temp you are talking about?



Also that looks good, might be what pushes me to go closed loop water. Anyone know the price of it?
Insanity 2.0
(16 items)
 
Insanity 1.0
(14 items)
 
Insanity 1.5
(9 items)
 
Reply
Insanity 2.0
(16 items)
 
Insanity 1.0
(14 items)
 
Insanity 1.5
(9 items)
 
Reply
post #18 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

oh one thing about the fins on the "radiator" its an open design which means air that goes past it would leak through the sides and in the case of being mounted inside a PC case it would still fill the case with hot air while traditional radiators would have exhausted it all

another thing is that i dont see push pull being an option with this

Read the article dude. It clearly states "Additional 120mm fans can be mounted for push-pull configuration." People like you just assume things and spread wrong information, read the article if you are going to make a statement like that.
Stealth Assassin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600K Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha EVGA 980ti Classified  Corsair LPX DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua D15s Cooler Master Silencio PWM 120MM 2400RPM Cooler Master Silencio PWM 120MM 1400RPM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung Curved S34E790C Corsair Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650w 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Master Case 5 Corsair Scimitar Sennheiser HD 558 Corsair Void USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Stealth Assassin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600K Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha EVGA 980ti Classified  Corsair LPX DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua D15s Cooler Master Silencio PWM 120MM 2400RPM Cooler Master Silencio PWM 120MM 1400RPM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung Curved S34E790C Corsair Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650w 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Master Case 5 Corsair Scimitar Sennheiser HD 558 Corsair Void USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7Stealth1366 View Post

Read the article dude. It clearly states "Additional 120mm fans can be mounted for push-pull configuration." People like you just assume things and spread wrong information, read the article if you are going to make a statement like that.

mis-matched fans generate more noise and impede air flow, no spreading wrong info. using wrong fans harms the performance and when it does its as good as not being able to support push pull

hence the issue if the stock fans can be replaced
post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

mis-matched fans generate more noise and impede air flow, no spreading wrong info. using wrong fans harms the performance and when it does its as good as not being able to support push pull

hence the issue if the stock fans can be replaced

Have to disagree here with my own AIO results.Using the stock fan as intake(high pressure fan) and an aftermarket high speed fan as exhaust gave me vastly superior performance than a stock H60. I was able to run a Phenom II X6 at 4.25GHz,around 190w TDP with a H60.Ever heard of a venturi?

Be good to see reviews on this.Had another member here who had a pre-production unit that was not working properly.
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [RT] Zalman Announces Reserator 3 Max Dual Liquid CPU Cooler