Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Looking for a new monitor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for a new monitor.

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Sooo I'm outta the loop by a year or two so I'd like to know peoples thoughts on a multi-monitor setup, mainly used for RPG, RTS and the occational FPS. I would like 3 monitors set up in portrait on my desk, at the moment however I'm running a HD 6970 2GB, which is also on the list to be upgraded some.

I would like any help you guys can give, any thoughts on upgrading my GPU would also help as I'm not sure on the processing power needed for a setup like this.
post #2 of 8
Thread Starter 
shameless bump time !

I've been looking at a ASUS VG248QE Monitor for now. The fast response time and sharpness of colours seem to be what I'm after but the QNIX QX2710 also seems to be fairly good, although harder to get ahold of here in the UK.
post #3 of 8
Would you like 120/144hz or IPS?
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Galaxy GTX 670 2GB GC Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung SH-224BB Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Cherry Blue Mechanic... Antec HCG 520W Modular Power Supply Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 SteelSeries Qck Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Graham Slee Voyager Amplifier 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Galaxy GTX 670 2GB GC Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung SH-224BB Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Cherry Blue Mechanic... Antec HCG 520W Modular Power Supply Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 SteelSeries Qck Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Graham Slee Voyager Amplifier 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctr View Post

Would you like 120/144hz or IPS?

At the moment I'm looking to upgrade my GPU, crossfiring ( as I'm running a 6970 2GB atm ) seeing as I'm "Future proofing" I'd go for a 144hz
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superplush View Post

At the moment I'm looking to upgrade my GPU, crossfiring ( as I'm running a 6970 2GB atm ) seeing as I'm "Future proofing" I'd go for a 144hz
There is a few nice ones out at the moment. BenQ's XL series is good, I have their 24'' XL2420T and it is looks quite nice and works well. Asus is competitive in the market too but I think that BenQ's are better because they have a matte finish and their stands have more functions whereas Asus' seem somewhat limited. There are also Korean made QNix IPS monitors which can be overclocked to 120hz, those are pretty cool too I think. Have a look at the QNix Evolution 2, it is a popular overclocking IPS monitor.
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Galaxy GTX 670 2GB GC Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung SH-224BB Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Cherry Blue Mechanic... Antec HCG 520W Modular Power Supply Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 SteelSeries Qck Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Graham Slee Voyager Amplifier 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Galaxy GTX 670 2GB GC Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung SH-224BB Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Cherry Blue Mechanic... Antec HCG 520W Modular Power Supply Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 SteelSeries Qck Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Graham Slee Voyager Amplifier 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctr View Post

There is a few nice ones out at the moment. BenQ's XL series is good, I have their 24'' XL2420T and it is looks quite nice and works well. Asus is competitive in the market too but I think that BenQ's are better because they have a matte finish and their stands have more functions whereas Asus' seem somewhat limited. There are also Korean made QNix IPS monitors which can be overclocked to 120hz, those are pretty cool too I think. Have a look at the QNix Evolution 2, it is a popular overclocking IPS monitor.

I will, thank you for your imput Dctr. I'm assuming most people go for an IPS monitor nowadays ?
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superplush View Post

I will, thank you for your imput Dctr. I'm assuming most people go for an IPS monitor nowadays ?

They are popular with their nice colours and 1440p is something a lot of people like. My monitor is 1080p and I would really like 1440p, I am young and photos don't look that good on my desktop because I can see the pixels if I look closely. But I like 120hz so it is alright. 120hz is nice because I only have a GTX670 so with me being a graphics fanatic maxxing out all my games it still looks relatively smooth even with 20-30fps or so.
Edited by Dctr - 4/19/14 at 5:08am
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Galaxy GTX 670 2GB GC Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung SH-224BB Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Cherry Blue Mechanic... Antec HCG 520W Modular Power Supply Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 SteelSeries Qck Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Graham Slee Voyager Amplifier 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-M Galaxy GTX 670 2GB GC Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung SH-224BB Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Cherry Blue Mechanic... Antec HCG 520W Modular Power Supply Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 SteelSeries Qck Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Graham Slee Voyager Amplifier 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctr View Post

They are popular with their nice colours and 1440p is something a lot of people like. My monitor is 1080p and I would really like 1440p, I am young and photos don't look that good on my desktop because I can see the pixels if I look closely. But I like 120hz so it is alright. 120hz is nice because I only have a GTX670 so with me being a graphics fanatic maxxing out all my games it still looks relatively smooth even with 20-30fps or so.

Sounds like you have quite the setup! My GF runs the rig in my Sig, 2x 7970's one 6gb the other 3gb on a samsung 1080p monitor, she loves the colours and speed of it. However being the enthusiast in the house, Ironically, I always get the hand-me-down PC's never the new one tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Looking for a new monitor.