Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Bugs and Technical Issues › Submit a Bug Report › Thanks a lot. I just lost a giant private message.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thanks a lot. I just lost a giant private message. - Page 3  

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post


Are you new here? Hi. I'm TwoCables! I am known for typing giant posts and for sending giant PMs. Nice to meet you.

Heh. Yeah, your question really irritates me. Why the hell are you asking? Y'know?! It's like, what the hell business is it of yours? What's it to you?

You write giant posts and PMs and complain when after 15 min you get logged out. Seems you been here long enough to learn to use notepad, and you were the one that posted the thread so thats why i'm asking lol
Edited by CravinR1 - 4/22/14 at 3:23pm
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5entinel View Post

Why would you? confused.gif A week ago, I remember you(two cables) writing a post on expanding the draft feature into your private messages, which at the time, was already implemented.

A week or two ago? That wasn't me, but I do remember asking for it a long time ago.

Anyway, I have very good reasons for why I have it disabled. Without trying to explain all the details, I'll just say this: I find the draft system to be very irritating. I never need it. Ever. It has never once benefited me.

Again, what I experienced today with that PM IS NEW. This has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. So, don't go telling me something like, "See? That wouldn't have happened if you had the Draft system enabled". I don't want to hear that right now. All I'm trying to do is report a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

Yes PMs now have drafts.

Wow. Nice!


http://www.overclock.net/t/1481122/switch-from-huddler-to-ip-board#post_22103337
post #23 of 31
CALM DOWN TwoChainz! I actually have the exact opposite problem as you hehe. It saves blanks for me all the time. Do you have cookies and/or javascript disabled? I know that when I disabled my cookies for a couple days, nothing saved for me (draft wise anyways). Also I believe there is an area to turn off the automatic signout (I know at home I'm never signed out excluding when my browser is closed).
We luv ya 2chainz, but you gotta calm down, I know its annoying, but being angry wont help anything.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
post #24 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post


CALM DOWN TwoChainz! I actually have the exact opposite problem as you hehe. It saves blanks for me all the time. Do you have cookies and/or javascript disabled? I know that when I disabled my cookies for a couple days, nothing saved for me (draft wise anyways). Also I believe there is an area to turn off the automatic signout (I know at home I'm never signed out excluding when my browser is closed).
We luv ya 2chainz, but you gotta calm down, I know its annoying, but being angry wont help anything.

 

Bro. You're not getting it. Let me explain it, YET AGAIN (yes, I'm getting sick of explaining this over and over and over).

 

I typed a PM. It took me so long that I was automatically logged out. I clicked Preview. It previewed. I was happy with it. I clicked Send. The PM page reloaded instead of sending. THIS IS NEW. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. I have gone over the timeout limit MANY MANY TIMES BEFORE ON HERE (with this current platform) and I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever had a problem. Ever. THIS IS NEW. I've never had this happen before. THE NORMAL BEHAVIOR when I click send is it automatically logs me back in and it sends the message.

 

So:

 

  1. I spent so much time on the PM that I was timed out. As usual, I didn't know it (I never notice when I've been timed out because I always have "Remember Me" enabled)
  2. I clicked Preview
  3. It previewed just fine
  4. A moment later, I clicked Send
  5. The PM page simply reloaded without sending it
  6. I lost everything that I had typed up.
  7. Clicking "Back" didn't work because again, I have the Drafts system disabled (I cannot say how)
  8. This is new. This has never been a problem.
  9. I have typed up many, many, many PMs that have taken me a hell of a lot longer than 15-30 minutes to type up and prepare for sending.
  10. This has never happened to me before. I have always been able to send.
  11. Previously, before this bug, I could have spent an entire day typing a PM before finally sending it if I really wanted to. That means I could get timed out and be logged out all day while editing my PM and still be able to send it no problem.
  12. I can't do that anymore, apparently.

 

So, this is a bug.

It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Bro. You're not getting it. Let me explain it, YET AGAIN (yes, I'm getting sick of explaining this over and over and over).

I typed a PM. It took me so long that I was automatically logged out. I clicked Preview. It previewed. I was happy with it. I clicked Send. The PM page reloaded instead of sending. THIS IS NEW. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. I have gone over the timeout limit MANY MANY TIMES BEFORE ON HERE (with this current platform) and I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever had a problem. Ever. THIS IS NEW. I've never had this happen before. THE NORMAL BEHAVIOR when I click send is it automatically logs me back in and it sends the message.

So:
  1. I spent so much time on the PM that I was timed out. As usual, I didn't know it (I never notice when I've been timed out because I always have "Remember Me" enabled)
  2. I clicked Preview
  3. It previewed just fine
  4. A moment later, I clicked Send
  5. The PM page simply reloaded without sending it
  6. I lost everything that I had typed up.
  7. Clicking "Back" didn't work because again, I have the Drafts system disabled (I cannot say how)
  8. This is new. This has never been a problem.
  9. I have typed up many, many, many PMs that have taken me a hell of a lot longer than 15-30 minutes to type up and prepare for sending.
  10. This has never happened to me before. I have always been able to send.
  11. Previously, before this bug, I could have spent an entire day typing a PM before finally sending it if I really wanted to. That means I could get timed out and be logged out all day while editing my PM and still be able to send it no problem.
  12. I can't do that anymore, apparently.

So, this is a bug.
Wow my post was deleted.... really....
Sorry, what I meant to get across was to say that getting angry wont help. Just because your mad about it, doesnt mean it can get fixed any faster.

Also why do you have the draft system disabled? Sure its kind of annoying, but its also helpful occasionally.
*EDITED*
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Bro. You're not getting it. Let me explain it, YET AGAIN (yes, I'm getting sick of explaining this over and over and over).

I typed a PM. It took me so long that I was automatically logged out. I clicked Preview. It previewed. I was happy with it. I clicked Send. The PM page reloaded instead of sending. THIS IS NEW. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. I have gone over the timeout limit MANY MANY TIMES BEFORE ON HERE (with this current platform) and I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever had a problem. Ever. THIS IS NEW. I've never had this happen before. THE NORMAL BEHAVIOR when I click send is it automatically logs me back in and it sends the message.

So:
  1. I spent so much time on the PM that I was timed out. As usual, I didn't know it (I never notice when I've been timed out because I always have "Remember Me" enabled)
  2. I clicked Preview
  3. It previewed just fine
  4. A moment later, I clicked Send
  5. The PM page simply reloaded without sending it
  6. I lost everything that I had typed up.
  7. Clicking "Back" didn't work because again, I have the Drafts system disabled (I cannot say how)
  8. This is new. This has never been a problem.
  9. I have typed up many, many, many PMs that have taken me a hell of a lot longer than 15-30 minutes to type up and prepare for sending.
  10. This has never happened to me before. I have always been able to send.
  11. Previously, before this bug, I could have spent an entire day typing a PM before finally sending it if I really wanted to. That means I could get timed out and be logged out all day while editing my PM and still be able to send it no problem.
  12. I can't do that anymore, apparently.

So, this is a bug.


I can see where he is coming from.. hell i am dyslexic and it some times takes over 30 min to do a small sentience.

the if i loose it after spending so much time on it i just write what ever and people get pissed off with me....

now what 2cables has said has actually happened to me a few times already on this forum and many others, could have been a script update or anything but iit has happened and it is bloody irritating.


FYI this took me 20 min to write

edit: 18 min - sorry
Server1 - Main
(17 items)
 
Slow Coach
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus z97 Hero Gigabyte 980Ti 6gb Kingston Hyper X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
M500 M500 OCZ ARC H100i 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Enterprise  Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Corsair AX860 Fractal Design R4 Razer Mamba 
Audio
Razer 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1055T Gigabyte 990fx UD5 corsair 4 x 2 GiG 2 x 1 terabyte Western Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3 x 500 gig WD Black Pix Fractal Design Fans x 2 Server 2012 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
mstsc mstsc 400 watt corsair Fractal Design R5 
MouseOtherOtherOther
mstsc EATON 5110 UPS StarView SV231UADVI KVM LSI controller card 4 port 
Other
Intel DualPort Gigabit NIC PRO1000PT 
  hide details  
Server1 - Main
(17 items)
 
Slow Coach
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus z97 Hero Gigabyte 980Ti 6gb Kingston Hyper X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
M500 M500 OCZ ARC H100i 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Enterprise  Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU Prolite GB2488HSU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Corsair AX860 Fractal Design R4 Razer Mamba 
Audio
Razer 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1055T Gigabyte 990fx UD5 corsair 4 x 2 GiG 2 x 1 terabyte Western Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3 x 500 gig WD Black Pix Fractal Design Fans x 2 Server 2012 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
mstsc mstsc 400 watt corsair Fractal Design R5 
MouseOtherOtherOther
mstsc EATON 5110 UPS StarView SV231UADVI KVM LSI controller card 4 port 
Other
Intel DualPort Gigabit NIC PRO1000PT 
  hide details  
post #27 of 31
This is not the place to give advice on how to maneuver past a bug. Though nice sometimes, after the first time, I don't think it needs to be mentioned again if someone doesn't like the idea. Telling someone to type something up elsewhere first to be able to send it safely through any system shows a flaw in the system. No one should have to do that. Though it may work, it is not a solution. I can see how this is annoying on a website about technology. Sometimes, things take time to explain or look up and on a forum such as this, it should not be difficult for anyone to imagine how it could take 15+ minutes to give a good answer to a question. Just be glad that those people exist here who are willing to put that kind of effort in and I would prefer that over the single word unnecessary responses found on many other sites any day. It is also never a good idea to try to shut people up by saying ' Well, it never happened to me. I don't have a problem with it'. That is never an excuse. If a game gets made and sells 10 million copies but there's a bug that happens to maybe 100 people per month, the vast majority of the population could use the argument 'Well, it never happened to me' but it's a bug none the less and should be fixed. Anyone in this position would be very upset and you have to see why and ignoring that fact isn't going to help or trying to devalue it as something that's not really wrong isn't going to make anything better. It's the vigilance of the people who care that makes the future better so angry is fine. Angry is good, as long as it's constructive and a drive to make things better for everyone.
The Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930k Asrock x79 Champion GTX 470 Hydrocopper 32GB Samsung 30nm low voltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 830 + 22TB LG BD burner + 3 DVD burners W7 Professional 64 bit LG 37" 1080p LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse III AX1200 NZXT Phantom (white) NZXT Avatar (v1) 
  hide details  
The Nameless
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930k Asrock x79 Champion GTX 470 Hydrocopper 32GB Samsung 30nm low voltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 830 + 22TB LG BD burner + 3 DVD burners W7 Professional 64 bit LG 37" 1080p LED TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse III AX1200 NZXT Phantom (white) NZXT Avatar (v1) 
  hide details  
post #28 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0s_Cha0 View Post

This is not the place to give advice on how to maneuver past a bug. Though nice sometimes, after the first time, I don't think it needs to be mentioned again if someone doesn't like the idea. Telling someone to type something up elsewhere first to be able to send it safely through any system shows a flaw in the system. No one should have to do that. Though it may work, it is not a solution. I can see how this is annoying on a website about technology. Sometimes, things take time to explain or look up and on a forum such as this, it should not be difficult for anyone to imagine how it could take 15+ minutes to give a good answer to a question. Just be glad that those people exist here who are willing to put that kind of effort in and I would prefer that over the single word unnecessary responses found on many other sites any day. It is also never a good idea to try to shut people up by saying ' Well, it never happened to me. I don't have a problem with it'. That is never an excuse. If a game gets made and sells 10 million copies but there's a bug that happens to maybe 100 people per month, the vast majority of the population could use the argument 'Well, it never happened to me' but it's a bug none the less and should be fixed. Anyone in this position would be very upset and you have to see why and ignoring that fact isn't going to help or trying to devalue it as something that's not really wrong isn't going to make anything better. It's the vigilance of the people who care that makes the future better so angry is fine. Angry is good, as long as it's constructive and a drive to make things better for everyone.

 

Precisely. Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself. You just verbalized exactly what I was feeling.

It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
post #29 of 31
Well, this is a slightly neurotic read I must say lol.


My ten pence, just enable drafts. I can't honestly see how it is such a problem...Having drafts enabled would of at least probably kept your dismay at bay from posting this thread biggrin.gif.

Mountains and mole hills. Apologies if my making sense irritates you, genuinely. However the bug has been reported, end of discussion surely? lol.
Edited by Silent Scone - 4/23/14 at 8:12am
post #30 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

Well, this is a slightly neurotic read I must say lol.


My ten pence, just enable drafts. I can't honestly see how it is such a problem...Having drafts enabled would of at least probably kept your dismay at bay from posting this thread biggrin.gif.

Mountains and mole hills. Apologies if my making sense irritates you, genuinely. However the bug has been reported, end of discussion surely? lol.

 

Dude. No. Ok? No. I'm not going to sit here trying to explain to everyone my reasons for having the Drafts system disabled. Also, read through this thread: I'm not the only one that this is happening to, and I would bet you good money that they do NOT have the Drafts system disabled! So, how the hell would having the Drafts system being enabled be the solution? Hmm?

 

 

 

 

Anyway, the reason why I came back to this thread is to say that it happened again. YOU GUYS NEED FIX THIS DAMN BUG.

It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS) 3 TB Toshiba P300 (storage) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Submit a Bug Report
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Bugs and Technical Issues › Submit a Bug Report › Thanks a lot. I just lost a giant private message.