Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › XSPC Photon 270 inside Corasir Carbide Air540?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XSPC Photon 270 inside Corasir Carbide Air540?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, new here! thanks for having me.

I switched cases from an Antec DF-85 to a Corsair Carbide Air540. Decided to switch from Air cooling to liquid cooling. I ordered an XSPC kit with the Photon 270 while I was at work today and I came home to realize I have no idea where the hell its going to fit.
I assume I can mount it horizontally across my HD's worst case scenario but is there a way to get the air bubbles out? Any suggestions on where to put this thing or am I the biggest newb to liquid cooling ever. mad.gif my set up is below

the kit I ordered
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_972&products_id=39811

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Mobo
Intel i7 2600k @4.4ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
HIS Radeon HD 7970
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD


post #2 of 13
Thread Starter 
It arrived today. And it huge compared to my spacing
post #3 of 13
You shouldn't mount the res horizontally. Can you put it where the two case fans are?
Watercooled 750D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570k Z77 Extreme4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill RipJaws Crucial M500  WD Blue HD Alphacool 420mm 45mm Thick Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm 60mm Thick Radiator EK Supremecy  EK 770 VGA Waterblock XSPC 270mm Photon Reservoir/D5 Pump 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Asus 24 in  Corsair 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Watercooled 750D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570k Z77 Extreme4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill RipJaws Crucial M500  WD Blue HD Alphacool 420mm 45mm Thick Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm 60mm Thick Radiator EK Supremecy  EK 770 VGA Waterblock XSPC 270mm Photon Reservoir/D5 Pump 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Asus 24 in  Corsair 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingrools View Post

Hey guys, new here! thanks for having me.

I switched cases from an Antec DF-85 to a Corsair Carbide Air540. Decided to switch from Air cooling to liquid cooling. I ordered an XSPC kit with the Photon 270 while I was at work today and I came home to realize I have no idea where the hell its going to fit.
I assume I can mount it horizontally across my HD's worst case scenario but is there a way to get the air bubbles out? Any suggestions on where to put this thing or am I the biggest newb to liquid cooling ever. mad.gif my set up is below

the kit I ordered
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_972&products_id=39811

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Mobo
Intel i7 2600k @4.4ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
HIS Radeon HD 7970
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD



Dude, I did the almost exact same thing as you! The only difference is that I purchased the 170 version, and that thing barely, and I mean BARELY fit; in fact, it was so tight that I ended up switching cases to one where it would fit....I feel you. If you remove the back fan (140 exhaust) then the tube should fit running up the back wall perpendicular to your video card. That's the only place it may fit, but you'll have to install your exhaust fan outside your case, or just not have one there.

Let me know what you do.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Ah lol yeah I've felt so dumb. What case did u end up going with? I might just sell this carbide. Also how did u power the pump? My PSU doesn't seem to have the 4 pin connectors required for the pump and CPU block LEDs. Also what the hell did u do with the led wires off the CPU block. It doesn't look clean at all
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh93 View Post

You shouldn't mount the res horizontally.
What's wrong with mounting the reservoir horizontally? As long as it provides the pump with sufficient coolant to keep it from running dry, I don't see the issue?
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingrools View Post

Ah lol yeah I've felt so dumb. What case did u end up going with? I might just sell this carbide. Also how did u power the pump? My PSU doesn't seem to have the 4 pin connectors required for the pump and CPU block LEDs. Also what the hell did u do with the led wires off the CPU block. It doesn't look clean at all

The PSU connector that you need is a molex connector. I don't think I've ever seen a PSU without those before? I haven't installed the LEDs to the CPU block yet. I ordered a bunch of extras too, and all the lines....messy.

About the case, I bought a HAF Stacker and that got returned (it's much bigger in person than it looks online), then I bought a Phantom 630, the rez/pump (170mm) fit fine, but didn't have a predrilled place for mounting it. That got returned on Monday. I now have a Corsair 760t and it seems to fit fine. There should also be plenty of space for your larger one as well. the 240 rad fits up top great! I took out all of the HDD mounts, and plan to keep it this way.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Ah nice. I'll have to check out that case and find out how easy it is to return this to new egg. Also have to call thermatake and find out about those connections. Maybe I lost mine last time I moved. But I don't remember ever having them. I assume it shouldn't be too difficult to gets holding of the right cables.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingrools View Post

Ah nice. I'll have to check out that case and find out how easy it is to return this to new egg. Also have to call thermatake and find out about those connections. Maybe I lost mine last time I moved. But I don't remember ever having them. I assume it shouldn't be too difficult to gets holding of the right cables.

Do you have a modular PSU?

Would you like me to upload a pic of the case with the stuff inside?

Also, about returning to Newegg....you have to pay shipping, and they take a restocking fee as well. For me to send my Phantom 630 back it was almost 60 in shipping. You may want to check into Newegg premier, 50 a year, cheaper (sometimes) shipping on stuff, no restocking fees, and free return shipping on certain stuff. I had it and they paid my return shipping back to them, so my 50 a year paid for itself in one return.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
That's actually the case I almost went wth lol you have to send me some pictures of where your mourning the reservoir to. I assume I'll have to take out all the cages along the right/front side. The 270 is pretty damn tall.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › XSPC Photon 270 inside Corasir Carbide Air540?