Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Dark Souls II for PC Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Dark Souls II for PC Thread - Page 139

post #1381 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

For those looking to find the PC version of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (dvd) in the U.S., you can get it @ amazon u.k. As of right now, amazon U.S. doesnt even carry it. It goes for $34.56.


Wait... So Scholar of the First Sin is the Dark Souls II remake that comes out in April or what? I am confused. AFAIK it requires a separate purchase.

So far the April remake ScreenShots do not look good at all. I mean there is a slight change here and there, but its the same crappy graphics and IMHO, GeDoSaTo improves graphics quality much further than the remake, but then again - there are very few limited screenshots.
post #1382 of 2277
^It is a DS2 remake with all the dlc's and other updates/upgrades. The vid below explains what we get with this version.

3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1383 of 2277
So the video shows the improved graphics that doesn't seem improved at all? I mean they want to release a DirectX 11 version of the game, but what DirectX 11 features do they plan on using? They surely do not need it to provide the "improved" graphics we see in this video you posted. A graphical improvement patch should bring MAJOR improvements if it is being SOLD. I know the game isn't all about graphics, but I can't see myself playing the game without GeDoSaTo and the "improved" version will surely need GeDoSaTo also to provide an acceptable level of graphics.
post #1384 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserFrederick View Post


Vendrick? Or maybe Aldia...

 

Not regal enough to be a king.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It might be pre-dragonification Aldia though.
post #1385 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

So the video shows the improved graphics that doesn't seem improved at all? I mean they want to release a DirectX 11 version of the game, but what DirectX 11 features do they plan on using? They surely do not need it to provide the "improved" graphics we see in this video you posted. A graphical improvement patch should bring MAJOR improvements if it is being SOLD. I know the game isn't all about graphics, but I can't see myself playing the game without GeDoSaTo and the "improved" version will surely need GeDoSaTo also to provide an acceptable level of graphics.

Totally agree. We still dont know yet what the game will look like. I think that is why the game isnt being released at full price. The game is a year old. Think of it as goty edition, except we're getting an overhaul of the game. Graphic-wise, story-wise, and gameplay-wise.
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1386 of 2277

The corridor that leads to the ancient dragon uses static lighting. You may have noticed that your character doesn't cast a shadow, even though there's sunlight streaming in from one side. It looks exactly the same in the SotFS trailer. It's a minor detail, but it's representative of the game's many lighting issues.

post #1387 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

The corridor that leads to the ancient dragon uses static lighting. You may have noticed that your character doesn't cast a shadow, even though there's sunlight streaming in from one side. It looks exactly the same in the SotFS trailer. It's a minor detail, but it's representative of the game's many lighting issues.

I would guess the dx11 update would involve lighting and the spell effects. I have no hope of texture upgrades, that would blow my mind if that happened.
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1388 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post


I would guess the dx11 update would involve lighting and the spell effects. I have no hope of texture upgrades, that would blow my mind if that happened.

 

Performance improvements were also mentioned. I hope Durante will get to preview it again. It's the least they could do for him after that awful copyright blunder.

post #1389 of 2277
120fps cap ? durability issues fixed when comparing 30 and 60fps ?
post #1390 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by catacavaco View Post

120fps cap ? durability issues fixed when comparing 30 and 60fps ?

 

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's still the same engine (albeit modified to use DX11), and the PS4 version will target 30fps.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Dark Souls II for PC Thread