Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA vs Palit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA vs Palit

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, I am planning to get GTX 780Ti, however can't decide from which manufacturer.

From all options I personally like:

EVGA NVIDIA GTX 780Ti SC ACX Cooling

and

Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti Jetstream

However can't decide. Personally I have preference of EVGA, however Palit is good manufacturer as well.

My main question is which one of them have better cooling? As I plan to get one more of those cards later down the road in order to use them in SLI.

Please suggest guys, maybe some of you tested both of them? Which card runs cooler?

What is Temp of EVGA / Palit during load?

Thank You.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @4.5 MSI Z87 MPOWER Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming SLI Kingston 9905403-400.A00LF4 GB DDR3-1333 D x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb crucial SSD, 128gb crucial SSD, SAMSUNG HD... Windows 8.1 Professional x64 ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Steel Series 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200w Ezcool h550 f25 atx with 550w psu Steelseries Sensei Razer Megasoma 
AudioOther
XONAR D2X, +amp, Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro 80Ohm Steelseries Desmo 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @4.5 MSI Z87 MPOWER Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming SLI Kingston 9905403-400.A00LF4 GB DDR3-1333 D x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb crucial SSD, 128gb crucial SSD, SAMSUNG HD... Windows 8.1 Professional x64 ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Steel Series 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200w Ezcool h550 f25 atx with 550w psu Steelseries Sensei Razer Megasoma 
AudioOther
XONAR D2X, +amp, Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro 80Ohm Steelseries Desmo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 12
I owned an ACX cooled 780 until I watercooled it. I don't have much to compare it to, but I was very happy with the overall quality (including cooling performance and noise level). I'd recommend EVGA over Palit just because I have more experience with EVGA cards. Both of my EVGA cards have lasted me for a very long time (4 years and counting).

I wish I could give you some hard numbers on the cooling performance of both, but I didn't bother to benchmark the ACX cooler while I had it.

Also, EVGA's customer service has a reputation for being extremely helpful. If anything goes wrong you can be assured that you're in good hands.
Nightmare Mk. 1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z87 Nvidia GTX 780 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 840 Pro Custom Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 CM Storm Quickfire TK 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Avior 8200 
  hide details  
Reply
Nightmare Mk. 1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z87 Nvidia GTX 780 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 840 Pro Custom Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 CM Storm Quickfire TK 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Avior 8200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluency View Post

I owned an ACX cooled 780 until I watercooled it. I don't have much to compare it to, but I was very happy with the overall quality (including cooling performance and noise level). I'd recommend EVGA over Palit just because I have more experience with EVGA cards. Both of my EVGA cards have lasted me for a very long time (4 years and counting).

I wish I could give you some hard numbers on the cooling performance of both, but I didn't bother to benchmark the ACX cooler while I had it.

Also, EVGA's customer service has a reputation for being extremely helpful. If anything goes wrong you can be assured that you're in good hands.

There's no doubt EVGA are a very good company (having owned and sold their products I would agree, and based on their customer service also I would favor them over Palit), though by that logic, if the thread were about whether to choose a pineapple or banana, should I recommend the banana because I have more experience eating those versus pineapples?

laugher.gif

Though I'm not having a dig at you, I just found that bit a tad amusing smile.gif
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn View Post

There's no doubt EVGA are a very good company (having owned and sold their products I would agree, and based on their customer service also I would favor them over Palit), though by that logic, if the thread were about whether to choose a pineapple or banana, should I recommend the banana because I have more experience eating those versus pineapples?

laugher.gif

Though I'm not having a dig at you, I just found that bit a tad amusing smile.gif

Haha, I see your point. smile.gif Just thought I'd try to share my experience.
Nightmare Mk. 1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z87 Nvidia GTX 780 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 840 Pro Custom Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 CM Storm Quickfire TK 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Avior 8200 
  hide details  
Reply
Nightmare Mk. 1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z87 Nvidia GTX 780 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 840 Pro Custom Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 CM Storm Quickfire TK 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Mionix Avior 8200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn View Post

There's no doubt EVGA are a very good company (having owned and sold their products I would agree, and based on their customer service also I would favor them over Palit), though by that logic, if the thread were about whether to choose a pineapple or banana, should I recommend the banana because I have more experience eating those versus pineapples?

laugher.gif

Though I'm not having a dig at you, I just found that bit a tad amusing smile.gif
False because pineapple is baller(er) than bananas. . helpinghand.gif

On Topic, OP:
1. Where are you located?
2. How much is the EVGA Ti vs the Palit Ti?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770k  Asrock Z77 OC Titan X 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung Evo  Samsung Evo  Custom Liquid  
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 8 Dell u2515w EVGA P2 1000W ThermalTake Core X9 
MouseAudio
MX518 Sennheiser PC 363D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770k  Asrock Z77 OC Titan X 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung Evo  Samsung Evo  Custom Liquid  
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 8 Dell u2515w EVGA P2 1000W ThermalTake Core X9 
MouseAudio
MX518 Sennheiser PC 363D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
I am located in UK, prices are nearly the same. EVGA is 40 pounds more expensive, however it doesnt really matter. I am more interested in cooling, any figures guys? smile.gif
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @4.5 MSI Z87 MPOWER Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming SLI Kingston 9905403-400.A00LF4 GB DDR3-1333 D x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb crucial SSD, 128gb crucial SSD, SAMSUNG HD... Windows 8.1 Professional x64 ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Steel Series 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200w Ezcool h550 f25 atx with 550w psu Steelseries Sensei Razer Megasoma 
AudioOther
XONAR D2X, +amp, Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro 80Ohm Steelseries Desmo 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @4.5 MSI Z87 MPOWER Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming SLI Kingston 9905403-400.A00LF4 GB DDR3-1333 D x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb crucial SSD, 128gb crucial SSD, SAMSUNG HD... Windows 8.1 Professional x64 ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Steel Series 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200w Ezcool h550 f25 atx with 550w psu Steelseries Sensei Razer Megasoma 
AudioOther
XONAR D2X, +amp, Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro 80Ohm Steelseries Desmo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 12
Hi Cryo,

I'm also from the UK and received my 780ti SC ACX unit last Friday from Scan. £530 it was, which I thought was a good price.

I've played as much as I could over the weekend on it, this is housed within a Corsair Carbide 540 with 3 NBlocker fans pushing onto it (so these temps are within a well cooled case).

In BF4, at pretty much max settings it struggles to go anything over 65c. It'll hover between 58-65c on various maps. This is using EVGA Precision X as well (not with any forced overclocking, just GPU Boost) and the fans are set on auto, and they sit at around 50% during this.

I've played Batman Arkham Origins a lot too, this was struggling to get over 60c, again with the fans at 45-50%.

Idle I was looking at 21c at boot, and then nothing above 27c in Windows, even when streaming Twitch through Chrome.

When I was running Unigine Valley for 1/2 hour, I came back at the max temp was 67c. Fans got to 53%.

I couldn't be happier. It's rock stable on the latest beta drivers and I'm so glad I bought the EVGA card.

Hope this helps,

sh33p
post #8 of 12
I would go EVGA, as I always have. (IMO).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn View Post

by that logic, if the thread were about whether to choose a pineapple or banana, should I recommend the banana because I have more experience eating those versus pineapples?

laugher.gif

I feel like I am an experianced pinapple eater but no banana connoisseur. Pinapples FTW
Alriana
(16 items)
 
Jinora
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 5820k [Asrock] X99E ITX/AC [Nvidia] Titan X [Corsair] Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
[Samsung] 850 Evo 250GB [Samsung] 850 Evo 1TB [WD] Blue 1TB [Bitspower] 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
[EK] [BenQ] [WASD] Code 87 Key [EVGA] SUperNOVA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[Caselabs] Nova X2M [Razer] Deathadder Chroma [Roccat] Tiato King [Sennheiser] HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
Alriana
(16 items)
 
Jinora
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 5820k [Asrock] X99E ITX/AC [Nvidia] Titan X [Corsair] Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
[Samsung] 850 Evo 250GB [Samsung] 850 Evo 1TB [WD] Blue 1TB [Bitspower] 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
[EK] [BenQ] [WASD] Code 87 Key [EVGA] SUperNOVA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[Caselabs] Nova X2M [Razer] Deathadder Chroma [Roccat] Tiato King [Sennheiser] HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh33pst3r View Post

Hi Cryo,

I'm also from the UK and received my 780ti SC ACX unit last Friday from Scan. £530 it was, which I thought was a good price.

I've played as much as I could over the weekend on it, this is housed within a Corsair Carbide 540 with 3 NBlocker fans pushing onto it (so these temps are within a well cooled case).

In BF4, at pretty much max settings it struggles to go anything over 65c. It'll hover between 58-65c on various maps. This is using EVGA Precision X as well (not with any forced overclocking, just GPU Boost) and the fans are set on auto, and they sit at around 50% during this.

I've played Batman Arkham Origins a lot too, this was struggling to get over 60c, again with the fans at 45-50%.

Idle I was looking at 21c at boot, and then nothing above 27c in Windows, even when streaming Twitch through Chrome.

When I was running Unigine Valley for 1/2 hour, I came back at the max temp was 67c. Fans got to 53%.

I couldn't be happier. It's rock stable on the latest beta drivers and I'm so glad I bought the EVGA card.

Hope this helps,

sh33p

Thank you for this valuable data. Seems like exactly what I am looking for, and you purchased it from Scan as well. Haha even better. Thank you for feedback, have a nice day.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @4.5 MSI Z87 MPOWER Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming SLI Kingston 9905403-400.A00LF4 GB DDR3-1333 D x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb crucial SSD, 128gb crucial SSD, SAMSUNG HD... Windows 8.1 Professional x64 ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Steel Series 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200w Ezcool h550 f25 atx with 550w psu Steelseries Sensei Razer Megasoma 
AudioOther
XONAR D2X, +amp, Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro 80Ohm Steelseries Desmo 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @4.5 MSI Z87 MPOWER Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming SLI Kingston 9905403-400.A00LF4 GB DDR3-1333 D x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb crucial SSD, 128gb crucial SSD, SAMSUNG HD... Windows 8.1 Professional x64 ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms Steel Series 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200w Ezcool h550 f25 atx with 550w psu Steelseries Sensei Razer Megasoma 
AudioOther
XONAR D2X, +amp, Beyerdynamic DT 770Pro 80Ohm Steelseries Desmo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh33pst3r View Post

Hi Cryo,

I'm also from the UK and received my 780ti SC ACX unit last Friday from Scan. £530 it was, which I thought was a good price.

I've played as much as I could over the weekend on it, this is housed within a Corsair Carbide 540 with 3 NBlocker fans pushing onto it (so these temps are within a well cooled case).

In BF4, at pretty much max settings it struggles to go anything over 65c. It'll hover between 58-65c on various maps. This is using EVGA Precision X as well (not with any forced overclocking, just GPU Boost) and the fans are set on auto, and they sit at around 50% during this.

I've played Batman Arkham Origins a lot too, this was struggling to get over 60c, again with the fans at 45-50%.

Idle I was looking at 21c at boot, and then nothing above 27c in Windows, even when streaming Twitch through Chrome.

When I was running Unigine Valley for 1/2 hour, I came back at the max temp was 67c. Fans got to 53%.

I couldn't be happier. It's rock stable on the latest beta drivers and I'm so glad I bought the EVGA card.

Hope this helps,

sh33p
+Rep for being awesome and helping another user out with real time personal numbers!
Alriana
(16 items)
 
Jinora
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 5820k [Asrock] X99E ITX/AC [Nvidia] Titan X [Corsair] Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
[Samsung] 850 Evo 250GB [Samsung] 850 Evo 1TB [WD] Blue 1TB [Bitspower] 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
[EK] [BenQ] [WASD] Code 87 Key [EVGA] SUperNOVA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[Caselabs] Nova X2M [Razer] Deathadder Chroma [Roccat] Tiato King [Sennheiser] HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
Alriana
(16 items)
 
Jinora
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 5820k [Asrock] X99E ITX/AC [Nvidia] Titan X [Corsair] Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
[Samsung] 850 Evo 250GB [Samsung] 850 Evo 1TB [WD] Blue 1TB [Bitspower] 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
[EK] [BenQ] [WASD] Code 87 Key [EVGA] SUperNOVA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[Caselabs] Nova X2M [Razer] Deathadder Chroma [Roccat] Tiato King [Sennheiser] HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA vs Palit