Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 1440p at 32"? Benq BL3200PT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1440p at 32"? Benq BL3200PT

post #1 of 97
Thread Starter 
this seems to be right up my alley, bigger than 27", but still the same res -> same horsepower needed to drive it. seems better compared to 4K or 34" 21:9 screens. bigger pixels means easier on the eyes. price tag seems acceptable too.

looking forward to reviews, hopefully it will deliver good performance for games

http://pcmonitors.info/benq/benq-bl3200pt-va-with-2560-x-1440-resolution

edit: clarified smile.gif
Edited by skuko - 4/28/14 at 7:56am
post #2 of 97
no, same rez = same amount of horsepower required to drive it.
post #3 of 97
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

no, same rez = same amount of horsepower required to drive it.

oh yeah, i'm dumb, forgot to include the fact that compared to 4K or 3440x1440 it takes less horsepower to drive smile.gif
post #4 of 97
It's VA too. Nice find.
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuko View Post

this seems to be right up my alley, bigger than 27", but still the same res -> same horsepower needed to drive it. seems better compared to 4K or 34" 21:9 screens. bigger pixels means easier on the eyes. price tag seems acceptable too.

looking forward to reviews, hopefully it will deliver good performance for games

http://pcmonitors.info/benq/benq-bl3200pt-va-with-2560-x-1440-resolution

edit: clarified smile.gif

What do you mean by " clarified " ??
I want to get this monitor, i hope it's good for gaming.
And of course, i need to upgrade my GPU. GTX 780 Ti should be ok for max settings / aa / af ?
post #6 of 97
Bump for justice on this monitor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

It's VA too. Nice find.

I know right? How isn't this monitor not more popular? I know it's not out yet technically, but there's no hype for it. It offers an amazing "actual" 3000:1 contrast ratio (3-6x higher than most IPS), blacks that match bezel even in pitch black rooms, and amazing uniformity with no "IPS glow". This monitor should absolutely destroy IPS/PLS monitors for gaming/movies.

TFTCentral gave it a good review, and they are very strict. So far there are two user reviews (One on Newegg, One on Amazing) both stating it is amazing for games. One stated he notices no ghosting or trailing, which is the #1 problem with VA monitors.

This monitor seems the best monitor since.. forever. I just placed an order for mine tonight, Amazon estimating 2-4 weeks for delivery.
Edited by Murlocke - 5/21/14 at 12:44am
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Bump for justice on this monitor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

It's VA too. Nice find.

I know right? How isn't this monitor not more popular? I know it's not out yet technically, but there's no hype for it. It offers an amazing "actual" 3000:1 contrast ratio (3-6x higher than most IPS), blacks that match bezel even in pitch black rooms, and amazing uniformity with no "IPS glow". This monitor should absolutely destroy IPS/PLS monitors for gaming/movies.

TFTCentral gave it a good review, and they are very strict. So far there are two user reviews (One on Newegg, One on Amazing) both stating it is amazing for games. One stated he notices no ghosting or trailing, which is the #1 problem with VA monitors.

This monitor seems the best monitor since.. forever. I just placed an order for mine tonight, Amazon estimating 2-4 weeks for delivery.

Wow, it does seem amazing.
I wish I could afford it. However, I'm most likely going to get a 28'' 4k display first.
MEGATRON
(17 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte RX 580 2x8 G.Skill Trident 3200 CAS14 @ 3466 CAS14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x1TB WD Black RAID 0 3TB WD Red Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Stock... hue hue 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Benq XL2411Z Dell U2412M Dell U2412M KBC Poker II MX Clears 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200W Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 old school Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
MEGATRON
(17 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte RX 580 2x8 G.Skill Trident 3200 CAS14 @ 3466 CAS14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x1TB WD Black RAID 0 3TB WD Red Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Stock... hue hue 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Benq XL2411Z Dell U2412M Dell U2412M KBC Poker II MX Clears 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200W Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 old school Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 97
Thread Starter 
i had to cancel my order with a local retailer here in Slovakia, because the availability changed to 28th May, even though it was supposed to be like 19th.

then i remembered a friend who owns a computer store, called him, he called his contact at Benq and i should have the screen tomorrow. i hope it comes through and i'll post some pics smile.gif
post #9 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuko View Post

i had to cancel my order with a local retailer here in Slovakia, because the availability changed to 28th May, even though it was supposed to be like 19th.

then i remembered a friend who owns a computer store, called him, he called his contact at Benq and i should have the screen tomorrow. i hope it comes through and i'll post some pics smile.gif

Awesome!

Could you please test response times and ghosting? Any game that has lots of dark colors blending quickly into light colors will show the main weaknesses of the monitor, things like outlast and amnesia.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 97
Thread Starter 
not too fond of technical testing of response times and whatnot, but i certainly will give my personal impression of said things as compared to my current DELL U2913WM and how it performs in my daily usage (which is 95% gaming - ESO and diablo 3 at the moment with a pinch of Elite Dangerous thrown in and 5% movies, for browsing i have a second screen).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 1440p at 32"? Benq BL3200PT