Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL Driver available for download
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL Driver available for download - Page 9

post #81 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stars View Post

thank you for your answers...
i still think that devs don't test their products enough... 'cause with a graphic card like this shouldn't happen...(above all at 1080p)
by now it's clear to me that DX11 has some limitations in the number of objects/units on the screen at the same time (as Star Swarm Stress Test from Oxide Games shows...)
so hope that Mantle/DX12 and better testing/optimization from devs could solve such a limitation or having better control...but while the first are more likely, sincerely doubt about the fairness of some devs...

how do they test their games? it's a mystery... it's magic biggrin.gif I would never release a product that has some flaws, even if minor ...
if i know that e.g. ATM the high-end cards are 290/780... i would develop something whereby i'm SURE that there isn't some lack of playability...OTHERWISE IMHO it's NOT a good product wink.gif

my advice is to stay closer to developers and collaborate, seems that Mantle goes to that direction...and is appreciable, and above all to suggest devs to release something WHEN IT'S DONE

i hope that something like the BF4 CTE will become usual and NOT an exception... really can't do such a thing after 6 months since the "final" release, 'cause that's a tease for paying customer...
the customers have to pay for the final product, not for a beta...
AND also they did a useless open beta for 14 days... the open beta is a great idea, but they have to take their time... just 14 days are pointless

thumb.gif
all the best

I understand your frustration and more importantly your expectations. Now, from my personal experience, having been in both the gaming and tech industries for a while now, I can tell you I have a very deep appreciation for anyone in development and those in QA. The QA Team plays an invaluable role in development (and publishing) as they oversee and execute the entire QA process from day one. Some studios categorize their bugs in different classes (from A to C), where class A are critical issues (for example they stop the game from functioning) whereas Class C are "soft" bugs (for example, small sound distortions). Each of these bugs are then tested, replicated and fixed over a period of time, till the game reaches a solid/stable state, and then, QA'ed some more. (I've witnessed a case where a specific Class A bug literarly caused a six month delay...it couldn't be fixed, and forced the dev team to remove a major feature from the game). It is normally up to the studio head (i.e. Executive Producer) and the folks in Publishing that give the approval for the public release.

Also, imagine designing a game that not only needs to be compatible/run on today's Consoles but also on millions of PCs (worldwide), each one with unique hardware and software configurations - imo, that's a massive undertaking. wink.gif

I love the gaming industry, overall, I personally believe it has come a long, long way and continues to improve year after year...

(Just my two cents wink.gif
post #82 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post

I understand your frustration and more importantly your expectations. Now, from my personal experience, having been in both the gaming and tech industries for a while now, I can tell you I have a very deep appreciation for anyone in development and those in QA. The QA Team plays an invaluable role in development (and publishing) as they oversee and execute the entire QA process from day one. Some studios categorize their bugs in different classes (from A to C), where class A are critical issues (for example they stop the game from functioning) whereas Class C are "soft" bugs (for example, small sound distortions). Each of these bugs are then tested, replicated and fixed over a period of time, till the game reaches a solid/stable state, and then, QA'ed some more. (I've witnessed a case where a specific Class A bug literarly caused a six month delay...it couldn't be fixed, and forced the dev team to remove a major feature from the game). It is normally up to the studio head (i.e. Executive Producer) and the folks in Publishing that give the approval for the public release.

Also, imagine designing a game that not only needs to be compatible/run on today's Consoles but also on millions of PCs (worldwide), each one with unique hardware and software configurations - imo, that's a massive undertaking. wink.gif

I love the gaming industry, overall, I personally believe it has come a long, long way and continues to improve year after year...

(Just my two cents wink.gif

Gosh, I just realized we're going off topic - sorry moderators...redface.gif
post #83 of 169
Is it just me or is the uninstaller not working properly(W8.1)?
I don't have an AMD card installed right now.




Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post


Hi guys,

This type of issue can be caused by both hardware and software conflicts. Have you tried using a different browser, say Firefox instead of IE (or vice versa)? Also, after trying a different browser, can you replicate the problem using the same browser? And finally, does this happen only when running YouTube?

Whole story is here:
https://forums.adobe.com/message/6252772?tstart=0

I tried 2 different versions of Opera, IE 11, with and without HW acceleration, with Flash Player and with HTML 5. After about month of testing was clear that only Adobe Flash Player (regardless if used in Opera or IE) is triggering that issue, when it was happening even when PC was clocked back to stock I re-tested everything. I also un-installed 14.3 Beta and installed previous WHQL but the issue persisted.

Later I found that mainboard is simply giving too much volts to CPU, so I have decided to perform better manual configuration, and very soon was clear that it was that cause.

I have been doing diagnostics as my hobby for some years now, but so specific instability was really something I never seen before. If CPU was too cool (cores were under 27 degrees of celsius) and Adobe flash player was running in browser system might simply power off without any apparent reason or log in system. Most probably Default (automatic) CPU LLC was the cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post

Yup! They are the same.

FYI, it was leaked around the same time we submitted our driver to Microsoft for certification.

Are you implying something? smile.gif
Edited by Offler - 5/15/14 at 11:45pm
post #85 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunion View Post

Is it just me or is the uninstaller not working properly(W8.1)?
I don't have an AMD card installed right now.




Use DDU to remove AMD drivers.
POWERFUL
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K X99-UD3P-CF AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 16gb G.skill RipjawX 2400mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung spinpoint f3  Western digital Caviar Black Adata SU800 512gb LG Super Multi DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 x64 pro Asus VA32AQ 31.5" 1440p Acer 19" LED 900p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 OCZ ZX 850w gold Cooler Master HAF XB Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Custom Artscow Sennheiser 429 Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
POWERFUL
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6800K X99-UD3P-CF AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 16gb G.skill RipjawX 2400mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung spinpoint f3  Western digital Caviar Black Adata SU800 512gb LG Super Multi DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 x64 pro Asus VA32AQ 31.5" 1440p Acer 19" LED 900p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 OCZ ZX 850w gold Cooler Master HAF XB Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Custom Artscow Sennheiser 429 Logitech Z313 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offler View Post

... If CPU was too cool (cores were under 27 degrees of celsius) and Adobe flash player was running in browser system might simply power off without any apparent reason or log in system. Most probably Default (automatic) CPU LLC was the cause.
Are you implying something? smile.gif
to me is not a LLC issue, that is not on my rig... i have a stable system at all, regarding any bios parameter, even the LLC... many tests and no one problem... i can stress and play games, everything for whole days and nothing to notice...
when it was hardware issue i had RSOD, not BSOD and above all not from atikmdag.sys ... it's different...
this is something about software, and sincerely with 13.12 never happened before...

@Warsam to me that's not off topic, 'cause your drivers have great impact to play games... wink.gif above all on a 290... then if i didn't play games i would use an iGPU biggrin.gif
post #87 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

MY money is on the NSA leaking it. Crack that whip on those cat guys btw we need crossfire in titanfall, wolfenstein, and watch dogs asap!biggrin.gif

There's already a Watch Dogs profile in Catalyst but it was from before the delay.

I don't think they would of changed the way the game renders so here hopes it works fine on launch!
My Machine
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz v1.376 ASUS P9X79  MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 2114mhz | 9400 mem G.Skill 16gb 2133Mhz (4x4gb)  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Cavier Red 3TB  Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD Blu Ray Writer LG BH14NS40 14x Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home x64 Samsung 27" S27A750 Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster HAF X  Logitech G500s SteelSeries Cloth? Sennheiser Momentum On Ears 
  hide details  
Reply
My Machine
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz v1.376 ASUS P9X79  MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 2114mhz | 9400 mem G.Skill 16gb 2133Mhz (4x4gb)  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Cavier Red 3TB  Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD Blu Ray Writer LG BH14NS40 14x Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home x64 Samsung 27" S27A750 Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster HAF X  Logitech G500s SteelSeries Cloth? Sennheiser Momentum On Ears 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stars View Post

to me is not a LLC issue, that is not on my rig... i have a stable system at all, regarding any bios parameter, even the LLC... many tests and no one problem... i can stress and play games, everything for whole days and nothing to notice...
when it was hardware issue i had RSOD, not BSOD and above all not from atikmdag.sys ... it's different...
this is something about software, and sincerely with 13.12 never happened before...

I also have FX990 board made by Asus - M5A99FX PRO R2.0, and as in your case the system was able to pass multiple stress tests without any trouble, and only trouble which happened was with browsing and flash. I simply see some coincidence.

Try to find some pattern when the system is more likely to fail and then retry with 13.12 again.
Edited by Offler - 5/16/14 at 6:51am
post #89 of 169
I do want to say, once the 14.4's install correctly mantle works great, beyond great actually in bf4
So much smoother than dx11, frame times are flat and the frame rate is locked on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroxoot View Post

Use DDU to remove AMD drivers.

even with DDU, something is still amiss with either the uninstall or install, it's why alot of us have problems until we install the same driver multiple times, even using safe mode and ddu. Could be some conflict that isn't AMD's fault, to be honest, but it's an issue regardless.
post #90 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroxoot View Post

Use DDU to remove AMD drivers.

Thanks but that doesn't answer the question.
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL Driver available for download