Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Build Log] - Milk - SFF, bare die CPU, modular PSU , GTX 780, custom waterloop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] - Milk - SFF, bare die CPU, modular PSU , GTX 780, custom waterloop. - Page 24

post #231 of 247
Thread Starter 
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Let me know of you want additional info on some steps of the build.
post #232 of 247
Hi Wanou,

I wanted to express my personal thanks for posting your build log, it has inspired me to do much the same. Moving from my Corsair 550D monster to the Hadron was the best decision I've made!

Component list:
ASUS Z971 Plus
Intel i5-4690K
Nvidia GTX 980
8GB Dominator RAM
1TB WD Green HDD
120GB PNY SSD

The Results:
Still need to tidy a lot of the aesthetics, cable colours/ HDD/ Wifi chip...
L1ZEVgzl.jpg

Ignore those hideous speakers!
vaQTLPrl.jpg

I followed a lot of what you did, and botched my own way around fitting the (HDD(s). I managed to use MB stepped screws to attach the HDD. - My SSD & Rez is connected by heavy duty Velcro makes it easy to take on and off!

Thank you very much for posting your build - I had a whatsapp log going with a bunch of friends, I will post my experience in another form. smile.gif
post #233 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDER5ON View Post

Hi Wanou,

I wanted to express my personal thanks for posting your build log, it has inspired me to do much the same. Moving from my Corsair 550D monster to the Hadron was the best decision I've made!

Component list:
ASUS Z971 Plus
Intel i5-4690K
Nvidia GTX 980
8GB Dominator RAM
1TB WD Green HDD
120GB PNY SSD

The Results:
Still need to tidy a lot of the aesthetics, cable colours/ HDD/ Wifi chip...
L1ZEVgzl.jpg


I followed a lot of what you did, and botched my own way around fitting the (HDD(s). I managed to use MB stepped screws to attach the HDD. - My SSD & Rez is connected by heavy duty Velcro makes it easy to take on and off!

Thank you very much for posting your build - I had a whatsapp log going with a bunch of friends, I will post my experience in another form. smile.gif

Beautiful. smile.gif
post #234 of 247
Hi there, i love you mod, very nice work. I think i would be nice to see something like a milk "splash" on the wifi acrylic cover (same as the memory). I can't wait for your next mod !
Air 240
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3470 MSI H77MA-G43 Gainward GTX 650 Ti Boost Kningstone HyperX Beast 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
LiteOn SSD 1tb Noctua NH-D9L IIyama ProLite XB2483HSU 24" 
PowerCase
Seasonic M12II 520w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 240
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3470 MSI H77MA-G43 Gainward GTX 650 Ti Boost Kningstone HyperX Beast 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
LiteOn SSD 1tb Noctua NH-D9L IIyama ProLite XB2483HSU 24" 
PowerCase
Seasonic M12II 520w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
  hide details  
Reply
post #235 of 247
Hey there Wanou:

Your wire management is a project of beauty. I'm currently working on the "wiring aesthetic" within my CaseLabs Mercury S3, and wanted to ask if you have any suggestions/tips for managing the USB3.0 cable going into the MB? I find it very difficult to aesthetically make this wire fit right.

Thanks!
thumb.gif
post #236 of 247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDER5ON View Post

Hi Wanou,

I wanted to express my personal thanks for posting your build log, it has inspired me to do much the same. Moving from my Corsair 550D monster to the Hadron was the best decision I've made!

Component list:
ASUS Z971 Plus
Intel i5-4690K
Nvidia GTX 980
8GB Dominator RAM
1TB WD Green HDD
120GB PNY SSD

The Results:
Still need to tidy a lot of the aesthetics, cable colours/ HDD/ Wifi chip...
L1ZEVgzl.jpg

Ignore those hideous speakers!
vaQTLPrl.jpg

I followed a lot of what you did, and botched my own way around fitting the (HDD(s). I managed to use MB stepped screws to attach the HDD. - My SSD & Rez is connected by heavy duty Velcro makes it easy to take on and off!

Thank you very much for posting your build - I had a whatsapp log going with a bunch of friends, I will post my experience in another form. smile.gif

Thank you for the nice comment.

Did you create a build log somewhere saw we could look into the details ?

Nevertheless this is beautiful, i like it. Congrats thumb.gif.
post #237 of 247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woxys View Post

Hi there, i love you mod, very nice work. I think i would be nice to see something like a milk "splash" on the wifi acrylic cover (same as the memory). I can't wait for your next mod !

I thought about it. I did not go for it to keep it to avoid too many details. I still can change my mind smile.gif
post #238 of 247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminBenj View Post

Hey there Wanou:

Your wire management is a project of beauty. I'm currently working on the "wiring aesthetic" within my CaseLabs Mercury S3, and wanted to ask if you have any suggestions/tips for managing the USB3.0 cable going into the MB? I find it very difficult to aesthetically make this wire fit right.

Thanks!
thumb.gif

Thank you
Management cable was a big focus of the build.

In this project i decided not too connect the USB 3 cable to the front. The HDD is in the way of the connector. If i had too o it I would have painted the cable in mate black (spray paint black works fine). I would also have to buy a third party connector.
post #239 of 247
Evening Wanou,

*Nods*, I was thinking about buying an adapter as well... to support a more creative path so to speak. I need to open her up and really visualize it *winks*. Inspiring work!

thumb.gifredface.gif
post #240 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanou View Post

Thank you for the nice comment.

Did you create a build log somewhere saw we could look into the details ?

Nevertheless this is beautiful, i like it. Congrats thumb.gif.

Not yet, I think I will post a single page with the images taken from whatsapp, I may work on it tonight.

Thanks for your comments, I think you will like how I mounted the HDD, it lets me tuck the SATA cables and USB 3 cable under the drive out of sight.

I'll let you know when I have it up.. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Build Log] - Milk - SFF, bare die CPU, modular PSU , GTX 780, custom waterloop.