Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club - Page 510

post #5091 of 6392
Hello G10 Owners I've been searching through your thread and others and can't find the answer to my question. So, here goes: Has anyone successfully mounted the G10 onto a Sapphire 390X Tri-X?
post #5092 of 6392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultisym View Post

Im trying to envision what you are trying to do. How about posting up some pictures of the pump and coldplate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyltheonly View Post

Hey G10 owners. So I kinda have a crazy idea here. I have a XSPC raystorm cpu waterblock, I am thinking of slapping one of these on my 980ti strix and putting the cpu block on it instead of a AIO. "Why would you do that?" you say, why the hell not? It's a far cheaper option than purchasing a EK Waterblock for $200. Anyway, what are the dimensions of the hole that are in the G10? I think if I use the backplate that is withing the kraken and if the holes on the cpu block fit, I might give it a try. Thanks for any help.

It sounds like he is adding this to a custom loop. If that's the case, why not just throw a full card block on there and add it to your loop?
post #5093 of 6392
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacM View Post

Hello G10 Owners I've been searching through your thread and others and can't find the answer to my question. So, here goes: Has anyone successfully mounted the G10 onto a Sapphire 390X Tri-X?

Try this. https://m.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3qdpzy/i_did_it_i_successfully_installed_the_kraken_g10/
post #5094 of 6392

I saw that, I don't know that the MSI and Sapphire 390X have the same PCB layout or if that matters?
post #5095 of 6392
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacM View Post

I saw that, I don't know that the MSI and Sapphire 390X have the same PCB layout or if that matters?

Try these guys. http://www.overclock.net/t/1561704/official-amd-r9-390-390x-owners-club Alpha cool has some semi cover blocks with passive VRM cooling if you don't already have a pump and want to try that. I like the G10 with VRM heatsinks better personally.
post #5096 of 6392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNaH88869 View Post

You have spliter comming from the pump and its 4 x 4pin

I allready installed g10 on my gigabyte gtx 980 g1 gaming. It wasnt easy. Few notes:

1. If u want to leave stock backplate you cant use nzxt backplate.
2. If u using corsair h75 u will have to put the screws "from" the bracklet "to" the backplate because of h75 pump its impossible to put it "normal" way.
3. At the moment im not using any heatsinks on ram and vrm and temps on vrm are about 60-70C under battlefield 4, never going higher.
4. I recomend to leave stock backplate as the card is bending without it.

Im happy with my temps - core went from 65-70 to 45 max.
..





By the way i have one more question. Is there any way to control kraken x61 pump? I have it plugged to the psu thru molex to 4x3pin adapter. But it wount run full speed an CAM software controls it. I like CAM for my fans so i would like to keep it, but it seems that cam will always override the pump settings? Any suggestion?

Plug the 3 pin pump header into the MOBO header instead of a Molex so the MOBO can manage the power possibly.
post #5097 of 6392
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargentHorse View Post

Plug the 3 pin pump header into the MOBO header instead of a Molex so the MOBO can manage the power possibly.

I did it before and CAM was controling the pump with fans - If i put pump at 100%, the fans go to 100% as well. What I want to achive is pump at 100% and fans to be controled by CAM software. I think the only way is to put those fans ( kraken x61 and corsair h75 ) on fan controller and then control pumps with CAM software. Its strange that even using molex - 4pin doesnt get me constant 12v as CAM will put the pumps to fans speed.

Anyone ?

ps. Sorry for bad english - still learning smile.gif
post #5098 of 6392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNaH88869 View Post

I did it before and CAM was controling the pump with fans - If i put pump at 100%, the fans go to 100% as well. What I want to achive is pump at 100% and fans to be controled by CAM software. I think the only way is to put those fans ( kraken x61 and corsair h75 ) on fan controller and then control pumps with CAM software. Its strange that even using molex - 4pin doesnt get me constant 12v as CAM will put the pumps to fans speed.

Anyone ?

ps. Sorry for bad english - still learning smile.gif

What I did was run the pumps only off of 12v molex - 3pin adapter from the PSU and all case/rad fans were powered by motherboard headers and controlled with a program called Speedfan. This allowed the pumps to run at constant 12v and the GPU rad fans to be controlled individually (by header) and according to GPU temps only (with a custom fan curve).

CAM is too restrictive and limited, IMO.
Jetstream
(21 items)
 
Stalker v2.0
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K Asus Z97-E Zotac GTX 1070 FE Kingston Hyper-X Black 2x4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
AData XPGv1 2x4GB Samsung 840 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 x2 Deepcool Lucifer v2 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Kraken G12 Corsair H55 Windows 10 Asus VS247HP 24" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 19" 900p Corsair K70  EVGA GS850 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Epic 2014 Edition Steelseries  Steel Series Siberia V2 Corsair K70 MX-Red 
Other
Logitech G27 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G3258 @3.8 Gigabyte GA-H87N Wifi Asus GTX 460 DCU-Top 1GB GDDR5 AData XPG 2x4GB 1600 
Hard DrivePowerCase
AData SP600 128GB Cooler Master V650  Moddified 2006 HP Pavilion Desktop 
  hide details  
Reply
Jetstream
(21 items)
 
Stalker v2.0
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K Asus Z97-E Zotac GTX 1070 FE Kingston Hyper-X Black 2x4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
AData XPGv1 2x4GB Samsung 840 120GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 x2 Deepcool Lucifer v2 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Kraken G12 Corsair H55 Windows 10 Asus VS247HP 24" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 19" 900p Corsair K70  EVGA GS850 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Razer Naga Epic 2014 Edition Steelseries  Steel Series Siberia V2 Corsair K70 MX-Red 
Other
Logitech G27 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G3258 @3.8 Gigabyte GA-H87N Wifi Asus GTX 460 DCU-Top 1GB GDDR5 AData XPG 2x4GB 1600 
Hard DrivePowerCase
AData SP600 128GB Cooler Master V650  Moddified 2006 HP Pavilion Desktop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5099 of 6392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC-777 View Post

What I did was run the pumps only off of 12v molex - 3pin adapter from the PSU and all case/rad fans were powered by motherboard headers and controlled with a program called Speedfan. This allowed the pumps to run at constant 12v and the GPU rad fans to be controlled individually (by header) and according to GPU temps only (with a custom fan curve).

CAM is too restrictive and limited, IMO.

Thanks for that. I know speedfan and its sad that you cant really controll fans and pump separatly from CAM software. Nzxt should allow that. So im stuck with either use fan controller or fanspeed program. Thanks for your help.
post #5100 of 6392
Can someone with a H90 or X41 installed on a overclocked 290/x or 390/x tell me what their core temps are? Additionally, what is the fan running at (RPM) and how high is your overclock? Thanks.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700x CROSSHAIR VI HERO ASUS GTX 1080 TI Turbo w/ Morpheus II Cooler 32GB Corsair Vengence LPX 3000Mhz (White) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Toshiba RD400 1TB w/ Aftermarket Heatsink Seagate Firecuda 3.5" 2TB  Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q Logitech G710 Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W 80+ Gold  GEEEK T810 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M705 VIPAMZ Extended Xxxl Gaming Mouse Pad  Sound BlasterX G5 VIZIO SB4551-D5 45” 5.1 Sound Bar 
Audio
Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700x CROSSHAIR VI HERO ASUS GTX 1080 TI Turbo w/ Morpheus II Cooler 32GB Corsair Vengence LPX 3000Mhz (White) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Toshiba RD400 1TB w/ Aftermarket Heatsink Seagate Firecuda 3.5" 2TB  Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q Logitech G710 Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W 80+ Gold  GEEEK T810 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M705 VIPAMZ Extended Xxxl Gaming Mouse Pad  Sound BlasterX G5 VIZIO SB4551-D5 45” 5.1 Sound Bar 
Audio
Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club