Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club - Page 562

post #5611 of 6447
Posting for great justice.

I have a slightly modified setup here with the G10 and a Corsair H80i V2 crammed very carefully onto it.





Edited by Just Spear - 7/8/16 at 10:20pm
post #5612 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Spear View Post

Posting for great justice.

I have a slightly modified setup here with the G10 and a Corsair H80i V2 crammed very carefully onto it.


God that bracket looks ugly. Why didn't they make it flush with the PCB?

No offense intended sir. You just made my decision regarding the G10 very easy.

Appreciated.
post #5613 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

God that bracket looks ugly. Why didn't they make it flush with the PCB?

No offense intended sir. You just made my decision regarding the G10 very easy.

Appreciated.
Believe me, I feel you on the matter. At the time it was my only reasonable option for sticking that H80 on it, and even then it needed modification. Good news is this GPU will be replaced, hopefully. I am waiting on the new Titan. This one is the OG 700 series Titan.
post #5614 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Spear View Post

Believe me, I feel you on the matter. At the time it was my only reasonable option for sticking that H80 on it, and even then it needed modification. Good news is this GPU will be replaced, hopefully. I am waiting on the new Titan. This one is the OG 700 series Titan.

Haha glad to know I'm not too discerning.

Looks don't matter much at the end of a cards life.... OC the hell out of it until it's retired.
post #5615 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Haha glad to know I'm not too discerning.

Looks don't matter much at the end of a cards life.... OC the hell out of it until it's retired.


About that.


I can't seem to OC it at all without artifacts. The GPU temp never climbs much past about 45c in gaming, the vram clocks are at stock. It's perplexing. I have had issues with this thing since day one. I pulled down a top 100 3dmark score with it in 2013, but I have since made no less than half a dozen attempts at swapping the BIOS to get results but nothing seems to work. I might try finding a memory specific heatsink (and vrm if I can), or machine one... but for the time being it works with my Oculus Rift at stock settings and stays nice and cool.

Honestly, if it lasts to the end of the year, then it will probably be donated to a friend.
post #5616 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Spear View Post

About that.


I can't seem to OC it at all without artifacts. The GPU temp never climbs much past about 45c in gaming, the vram clocks are at stock. It's perplexing. I have had issues with this thing since day one. I pulled down a top 100 3dmark score with it in 2013, but I have since made no less than half a dozen attempts at swapping the BIOS to get results but nothing seems to work. I might try finding a memory specific heatsink (and vrm if I can), or machine one... but for the time being it works with my Oculus Rift at stock settings and stays nice and cool.

Honestly, if it lasts to the end of the year, then it will probably be donated to a friend.

I'd look at your VRM temps. You have an IR Temp Gun?

Those cards OC very well. Doesn't make sense that it won't OC at all.
post #5617 of 6447
What heatsinks on you guys using on your vrm? I keep having issues with them falling off.

Also, did anyone else notice on their cards the circled areas below also had thermal pads on them, fro mthe stock setup? did anyone else place heatsinks on these chips?


post #5618 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeard86 View Post

What heatsinks on you guys using on your vrm? I keep having issues with them falling off.

Also, did anyone else notice on their cards the circled areas below also had thermal pads on them, fro mthe stock setup? did anyone else place heatsinks on these chips?



Low profile copper on RAM and the tallest copper heatsinks you can find on the VRM.

If you're having problems with them sticking.... order 3m thermal tape. In fact... whenever you have tape that sucks or doesn't work as expected 3m will have something.

They're the best. Probably should work for them... lol.
post #5619 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Low profile copper on RAM and the tallest copper heatsinks you can find on the VRM.

If you're having problems with them sticking.... order 3m thermal tape. In fact... whenever you have tape that sucks or doesn't work as expected 3m will have something.

They're the best. Probably should work for them... lol.

I did use 3m thermal tape and it still fell off...but not from the vrm chips, rather, the other ones that I circled. they are low profile copper heatsink on vram, vrm, and the other chips...maybe they are too heavy?

And tall heatsinks on vrm is better for heat dissipation? the low profile opne shave a lot more volume for heat transfer...usually the tall ones are very skinny.
post #5620 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeard86 View Post

I did use 3m thermal tape and it still fell off...but not from the vrm chips, rather, the other ones that I circled. they are low profile copper heatsink on vram, vrm, and the other chips...maybe they are too heavy?

And tall heatsinks on vrm is better for heat dissipation? the low profile opne shave a lot more volume for heat transfer...usually the tall ones are very skinny.

3m thermal tape will hold basically any heatsink you'd use for RAM or VRM.

Definitely get some for the VRM. As long as you aren't forced to sacrifice surface area... the taller the better. You seem to have a handle on that though... Hehe.

*edit*

Did you clean the RAM chips thoroughly? Thermal pads leave a residue that makes thermal tape ineffective if it's not cleaned off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club