Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club - Page 570

post #5691 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalibur View Post

Great! Can you see VRAM temps with GPU-Z? This is probably the most tempting combo. Gaming X + Kraken G10 and Corsair H90. VRAM chips' temps are pretty much the only concern. Did you put any shimms on the GPU or did you just slam the cooler on it? smile.gif

You don't need a shim with the gaming x versions. You can't monitor vram/vrm temps on nvidia gpus but it will be very cool with that baseplate.
post #5692 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalibur View Post

Great! Can you see VRAM temps with GPU-Z? This is probably the most tempting combo. Gaming X + Kraken G10 and Corsair H90. VRAM chips' temps are pretty much the only concern. Did you put any shimms on the GPU or did you just slam the cooler on it? smile.gif

No shims.

I had the G10 and X41 on my 770s. All I had to do was remove the heatsink from the 1080, remove the thermal paste and apply my own, and swap over the G10 and X41. It was super easy. Took me less than 10 minutes.

My 1080 never exceeds 48C under full load (Even in my study which can hit 29C ambient due to the Texas sun shining in the window and poor airflow in the room). VRAM and VRM stay cool enough that an 11500mhz memory clock setting is 100% stable. Couldn't be happier.

If you check out the Heaven 4.0 benchmark scores, you'll see that I currently have the 6th fastest single GPU score. Not bad considering I'm being held back by my aging 4790k CPU.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1235557/official-top-30-heaven-benchmark-4-0-scores
post #5693 of 6447
Ok thanks for the information guys! thumb.gif

I'm wondering between EVGA FTW and MSI Gaming. EVGA has better warranty policy in terms of removing the heatsink and on the other side MSI has better VRM cooling under the main heatsink. These two models are probably the best ones to go excluding Classified?


I've odered Zotac AMP Extreme from Amazon and there is still no date when will the arrive so I'm considering should I cancel it and go with the one mentioned above?

Zotac though looks quite good for this but it's probably still not good as eg. MSI Gaming:

KYcXNox.png
Edited by escalibur - 7/25/16 at 9:55am
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5694 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalibur View Post

Ok thanks for the information guys! thumb.gif

I'm wondering between EVGA FTW and MSI Gaming. EVGA has better warranty policy in terms of removing the heatsink and on the other side MSI has better VRM cooling under the main heatsink. These two models are probably the best ones to go excluding Classified?


I've odered Zotac AMP Extreme from Amazon and there is still no date when will the arrive so I'm considering should I cancel it and go with the one mentioned above?

Zotac though looks quite good for this but it's probably still not good as eg. MSI Gaming:

KYcXNox.png

MSI warranty also covers removing the heatsink. You would have to reinstall it if the card fails, but as long as you don't physically damage the card while removing the heatsink it's covered.

Between the MSI and EVGA I chose the MSI. Aside from the better VRAM and VRAM cooling and not needing a shim, coil whine was a main factor from me. There is none with the MSI card while I hear constant complaints of coil whine from EVGA owners.
Edited by moustang - 7/25/16 at 10:08am
post #5695 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by moustang View Post

MSI warranty also covers removing the heatsink. You would have to reinstall it if the card fails, but as long as you don't physically damage the card while removing the heatsink it's covered.

Between the MSI and EVGA I chose the MSI. Aside from the better VRAM and VRAM cooling and not needing a shim, coil whine was a main factor from me. There is none with the MSI card while I hear constant complaints of coil whine from EVGA owners.


Is there any official statement regaring the cooler removal besides that one old forum post?
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5696 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalibur View Post

Is there any official statement regaring the cooler removal besides that one old forum post?

I remove my MSI Laptops CPU & GPU cooler all the time. I've taken my laptop almost completely apart and they accept it.

MSI is not going to deny your RMA because of a warranty sticker. I had to break the very same warranty on my GT60 Dominator in order to work on it.

Warranty still intact.
post #5697 of 6447
Ok. Small sticker on the screw is not a big issue anyway because I'm sure it can be removed with possibility to re-use it again if it is needed.

I'm trying to Google 'naked' photos of MSI Hawk X, EVGA Hybrid. Even with 980 Ti models. I'm curious about their VRAM cooling.
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5698 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalibur View Post

Ok. Small sticker on the screw is not a big issue anyway because I'm sure it can be removed with possibility to re-use it again if it is needed.

I'm trying to Google 'naked' photos of MSI Hawk X, EVGA Hybrid. Even with 980 Ti models. I'm curious about their VRAM cooling.

Now you're thinking. Heat gun that bad boy off and place it on wax paper.

Warranty saved with ANY GPU. Or any other part for that matter.
post #5699 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalibur View Post

Is there any official statement regaring the cooler removal besides that one old forum post?

Is this the old forum post?

Check reply #5: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=264508.0

Your best bet to "confirm/deny" is to email MSI directly. Maybe can you share their response....the sticker is slightly ominous, but I've heard fine things about MSI's warranty.
The 2013 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
--- SOLD --- --- SOLD ---  --- SOLD --- --- SOLD --- 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ASUS DRW-24B3ST (24X DVD burner) Noctua NH-U14S w/ NH-T1 TIM Windows 10 Pro (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE w/ Lightboost @ 120Hz Ducky Shine III (MX Brown w/ Red backlights) Kingwin LZP-1000 (1000W) PSU Corsair Carbide Air 540 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus (Precision Control model) - Sta... 
  hide details  
Reply
The 2013 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
--- SOLD --- --- SOLD ---  --- SOLD --- --- SOLD --- 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ASUS DRW-24B3ST (24X DVD burner) Noctua NH-U14S w/ NH-T1 TIM Windows 10 Pro (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE w/ Lightboost @ 120Hz Ducky Shine III (MX Brown w/ Red backlights) Kingwin LZP-1000 (1000W) PSU Corsair Carbide Air 540 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus (Precision Control model) - Sta... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5700 of 6447
Yes that was the post. I think I could email them out of curiousity.


ps. Does anyone know on what temps MSI Gaming X' memory chips are running with some overclocking? I'm wondering how well would heat spread towards the fan.
Edited by escalibur - 7/25/16 at 4:10pm
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Master Race
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB Kraken X52 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent SuperFlower Leadex 1000W Platinum Fractal Design C (windowed) SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK+ ODAC RevB + Sennheiser HD 650 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club