Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club - Page 578

post #5771 of 6447
http://gelidsolutions.com/products/index.php?lid=2&cid=11&id=60

In Europe i found it in QuietPC from UK, easy fast delivery even to a non-UK country.

If in the US im sure you will find it easily enough, even Amazon maybe.
post #5772 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterVee View Post

http://gelidsolutions.com/products/index.php?lid=2&cid=11&id=60

In Europe i found it in QuietPC from UK, easy fast delivery even to a non-UK country.

If in the US im sure you will find it easily enough, even Amazon maybe.

Thanks! I'll check it out if some local retailers have this.
Mad Meatballs
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero Zotac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x 8GB 3866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Crucial BX200 Crucial BX200 Intel 600p 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Alphacool DDC-1T 10W with 110mm top reservoir  NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM  Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM x6 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow Modded Kraken X61 Pump with G10 on GPU Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Corsair K95 RGB Seasonic X-850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Tecware Haste Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Fiio E10k 
Audio
Antlion Modmic 4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Mad Meatballs
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero Zotac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x 8GB 3866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Crucial BX200 Crucial BX200 Intel 600p 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Alphacool DDC-1T 10W with 110mm top reservoir  NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM  Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM x6 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow Modded Kraken X61 Pump with G10 on GPU Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Corsair K95 RGB Seasonic X-850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Tecware Haste Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Fiio E10k 
Audio
Antlion Modmic 4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5773 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgaiden View Post

Hi all. Im looking at ordering one these Kraken G10s with an H55 (and misc heatsinks for ram and VRM) to use with my EVGA 970 FTW+. From what i understand, the FTW+ not being a reference style PCB has some of the chips moved around to where the fan on the kraken doesn't really directly cool it, thus the need for the heatsinks on the other components. Does anyone have any info or feedback on this use scenario? Shimming necessary? Anyone already been there done that with a FTW+ 970? I would have maybe considered a swiftech prestige h220 x2 + GPU waterblock if there were any available for the 970, but it doesn't really look that its feasible. Will likely do a standalone 240mm AIO for the cpu. Thanks in advance.

Had the opportunity to order the gear I wanted. H55 with the g10 and misc heatsinks for my evga 970 ftw+, and a deepcool captain 240ex for the cpu, and a deepcool Dukase v2 to house it all. Still looking for any feedback with g10 use on my ftw+ care which is a custom PCB. Can I retain the backplate? What about the mid plate? (If it has one) Thanks


Edit: some research shows that people have kept their backplate and midplate (which I assume I want to keep as well to help keep VRAM and VRMs cool) by trimming the g10's backplate down (or skipping it altogether and using longer screws + washers). Anyone done this here? Would I also need a shim? One video I saw, the guy used a copper shim on the gpu die (780) to keep the midplate but in another video, no shim was used. Though a midplate wasn't used either, but it was a 980ti so at least same chip family as mine....

So many things to think about!
Edited by Helgaiden - 8/8/16 at 10:44am
post #5774 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgaiden View Post

Had the opportunity to order the gear I wanted. H55 with the g10 and misc heatsinks for my evga 970 ftw+, and a deepcool captain 240ex for the cpu, and a deepcool Dukase v2 to house it all. Still looking for any feedback with g10 use on my ftw+ care which is a custom PCB. Can I retain the backplate? What about the mid plate? (If it has one) Thanks


Edit: some research shows that people have kept their backplate and midplate (which I assume I want to keep as well to help keep VRAM and VRMs cool) by trimming the g10's backplate down (or skipping it altogether and using longer screws + washers). Anyone done this here? Would I also need a shim? One video I saw, the guy used a copper shim on the gpu die (780) to keep the midplate but in another video, no shim was used. Though a midplate wasn't used either, but it was a 980ti so at least same chip family as mine....

So many things to think about!

I have evga gtx 980 ti with midplate. Only bought a shim and some thermal paste and used the screws that came with the Kraken G10.
The Kraken G10's backplate i only removed the pad that was on it . There is a tutorial on youtube combining a Kraken G10 and Evga Gtx 980 ti, maybe that will help.
post #5775 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteh View Post

I have evga gtx 980 ti with midplate. Only bought a shim and some thermal paste and used the screws that came with the Kraken G10.
The Kraken G10's backplate i only removed the pad that was on it . There is a tutorial on youtube combining a Kraken G10 and Evga Gtx 980 ti, maybe that will help.

What size shim did you use? From what I can find, it looks like id need a 25x25x1.5mm copper shim, or would 25x25x1.2mm work? Only crappy part is having to wait on those shims from China. The 1mm shims im seeing aren't tall enough supposedly, so I'd rather be safe.
Edited by Helgaiden - 8/8/16 at 1:08pm
post #5776 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgaiden View Post

What size shim did you use? From what I can find, it looks like id need a 25x25x1.5mm copper shim, or would 25x25x1.2mm work? Only crappy part is having to wait on those shims from China. The 1mm shims im seeing aren't tall enough supposedly, so I'd rather be safe.

I used a 25x25x16 shim from a guy on ebay.co.uk
post #5777 of 6447
I started with a shim 25x25x2mm i had produced for me (not everyone has that privilege sadly), finding these in europe was a no go, and ordering from ebay stated some 3 weeks delivery.
In the end? ditched the shim, had the midplate cut for me today in my factory.
In the process the Aluminium cast-off from the cutting soiled the original thermal pads, so i removed them, measured, counted, and order Thermal Grizzly Minus Pads 8's to replace.
Also ordered the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut since i read around it beats the MX-4 i have.

In shorts, Front rad X61 is now connected to the 980ti, temps now never break 53c after a couple gaming hours, cpu though, ugh.
So ordered another X61 to replace the X31 i previously had on my 980ti, it will serve as top exhaust.
Also i have a Noctua 92mm fan on the way from the UK since i find the fan that came with the G10 a bit audible (for my taste) in full speed.
Plus new CableMod cables to replace the default ones that came with my EVGA SuperNova G2.
When all of the products arrive ill do the assembly v1.564 since 564 times is about the amount of times i had opened that case and fiddled the config of parts.
post #5778 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteh View Post

I used a 25x25x16 shim from a guy on ebay.co.uk

Would a 980/980ti die be the same size or require the same size shim as a 970?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterVee View Post

I started with a shim 25x25x2mm i had produced for me (not everyone has that privilege sadly), finding these in europe was a no go, and ordering from ebay stated some 3 weeks delivery.
In the end? ditched the shim, had the midplate cut for me today in my factory.
In the process the Aluminium cast-off from the cutting soiled the original thermal pads, so i removed them, measured, counted, and order Thermal Grizzly Minus Pads 8's to replace.
Also ordered the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut since i read around it beats the MX-4 i have.

In shorts, Front rad X61 is now connected to the 980ti, temps now never break 53c after a couple gaming hours, cpu though, ugh.
So ordered another X61 to replace the X31 i previously had on my 980ti, it will serve as top exhaust.
Also i have a Noctua 92mm fan on the way from the UK since i find the fan that came with the G10 a bit audible (for my taste) in full speed.
Plus new CableMod cables to replace the default ones that came with my EVGA SuperNova G2.
When all of the products arrive ill do the assembly v1.564 since 564 times is about the amount of times i had opened that case and fiddled the config of parts.

I really would prefer not to cut the midplate...


edit:
so i decided to try to figure out a shim situation. Didnt feel like waiting for china shipping though so i got creative.

Found an old heatsink and measured the thickness of it. 1/16th of an inch comes out to 1.54mm so pretty spot on.

20160808_144033_zps2c40mpfs.jpg

20160808_142904_zpsiwurwxny.jpg

20160808_142851_zpsjtypuryd.jpg

So when i got home, i got to work and drilled out the mounts.

download_20160808_184704_zpsduvgspw1.jpg

then i managed to pop it off the heatsink it was attached to

20160808_184559_zpsakrliuri.jpg

though the back will need a little more lapping/polishing

20160808_184605_zpscblc0hq1.jpg

25x25mm square template, ready. Will likely get this cut down to size soon!

20160808_192202_zps5rx4wavm.jpg
Edited by Helgaiden - 8/8/16 at 11:25pm
post #5779 of 6447
Creative just the way i like it smile.gif

A word of warning, use a mask, not heavily filtered, one like they use in hospitals is enough. Otherwise, cut within a closed box that is connected to a vaccum cleaner.
In any case try NOT to inhale any of the cast-off/powder that will result from cutting that heatsink. Copper can be more poisinous than other metals for the body... Keep safety first.
post #5780 of 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badexample View Post

Your
LOL your avatar fit you well! thumb.gif Goofy!smile.gif

Super Goof!

Lol.

wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club