Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club - Page 592

post #5911 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Switch the H55 from Rear to the front as Intake and your temp will dropped 10c at least.. I have the H440 here with 2 980 Ti Hybrid installed as Intake on the front and the temp very good, barely break 50c..

In actual fact this is how i had it to begin with, but i changed to the rear because i was advised by almost everyone that having it as an intake is a mistake because the hot air from the radiator is just being dumped into the case and the priority should be to get it out of the case.

Still doesn't really explain why my temps have gone up, i guess i might need to give everything a good clean and re-apply the paste. I also think i can make my front case fans run faster because i have low voltage adapters on them all to make them run slower and quiet, but they are currently at 100% but are still being drowned out by the other fans in my case. So i may take the voltage adapters off and increase the RPM of the front fans, with minimal effect to the noise my PC outputs.
post #5912 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by markob53 View Post

In actual fact this is how i had it to begin with, but i changed to the rear because i was advised by almost everyone that having it as an intake is a mistake because the hot air from the radiator is just being dumped into the case and the priority should be to get it out of the case.

I will stand by that. They dump a lot of heat that you really dont want inside the case. There are always exceptions but the majority of the time this mod works best with the fan exhausting air from the case. But you still have to put some effort into the rest of your air circuit and make sure there is good flow through the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markob53 View Post

Still doesn't really explain why my temps have gone up, i guess i might need to give everything a good clean and re-apply the paste. I also think i can make my front case fans run faster because i have low voltage adapters on them all to make them run slower and quiet, but they are currently at 100% but are still being drowned out by the other fans in my case. So i may take the voltage adapters off and increase the RPM of the front fans, with minimal effect to the noise my PC outputs.

How do you have all the fans setup in the case. Size, location, intake or exhaust etc?
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5913 of 6449
after changing the copper base of aio to flat one (arctic hybrid 140), the temp drops significantly from 58c to 50c. i was using conventional cpu aio (id cooling frostflow 120) which has slightly curve copper base and that was not good for gpu. my 1070 gpu clock now has got zero drop and stabilized at 2114 (by gpu + 110) max, i tried (gpu +130) but the gameplay froze and closed directly:(
i am using ftw 1070 with the second bios, the power usage of the card can be jumped to 230w peak.
Edited by asdkj1740 - 10/1/16 at 7:16am
post #5914 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdkj1740 View Post

after changing the copper base of aio to flat one (arctic hybrid 140), the temp drops significantly from 58c to 50c. i was using conventional cpu aio (id cooling frostflow 120) which has slightly curve copper base and that was not good for gpu. my 1070 gpu clock now has got zero drop and stabilized at 2114 (by gpu + 110) max, i tried (gpu +130) but the gameplay froze and closed directly:(
i am using ftw 1070 with the second bios, the power usage of the card can be jumped to 230w peak.

People generally get those temps with just a simple Corsair H55 AIO or equivalent. All the Nzxt brackets I have installed to date have been used with simple out of the box AIO/CLCs made for use on CPUs. The H90s I run have now seen service on three generations of GPU without a hiccup. I am not familiar with Frostflow, but These CLCs are cheap. I suppose it is possible to get one with a cold plate that far out of whack it causes 8 C temp difference, but It is not common. I would of RMA'd if I thought that was the issue.
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5915 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultisym View Post

People generally get those temps with just a simple Corsair H55 AIO or equivalent. All the Nzxt brackets I have installed to date have been used with simple out of the box AIO/CLCs made for use on CPUs. The H90s I run have now seen service on three generations of GPU without a hiccup. I am not familiar with Frostflow, but These CLCs are cheap. I suppose it is possible to get one with a cold plate that far out of whack it causes 8 C temp difference, but It is not common. I would of RMA'd if I thought that was the issue.
the temps of corsair seahawk and evga hybrid show the differences of flat copper base and curve copper base.
for 980ti, msi seahawk aio is h55 curve copper base aio and it is far worse than evga hybrid using complete flat copper base aio
for the latest 1080, msi seahawk changes to use flat one, an upgraded version of h55, and the temp of it is much closer to evga hybrid 1080.
hardwarecanucks and gamersnexus both have these two cards gpu temp test and both suggest the same conclusion.
i am not saying corsair h55 is bad but a complete flat copper base aio can bring significant improvement compared to curve copper base.
Edited by asdkj1740 - 10/1/16 at 11:39pm
post #5916 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdkj1740 View Post

the temps of corsair seahawk and evga hybrid show the differences of flat copper base and curve copper base.
for 980ti, msi seahawk aio is h55 curve copper base aio and it is far worse than evga hybrid using complete flat copper base aio
for the latest 1080, msi seahawk changes to use flat one, an upgraded version of h55, and the temp of it is much closer to evga hybrid 1080.
hardwarecanucks and gamersnexus both have these two cards gpu temp test and both suggest the same conclusion.
i am not saying corsair h55 is bad but a complete flat copper base aio can bring significant improvement compared to curve copper base.

I am not arguing with you about using a better cold plate being better. Im simply saying on this mod, keeping it cheap is the point and that the cheap out of the box AIOs will get the job done with excellent temps.The great thing about this mod is the average computer user can install in under an hour. If someone wished to start modifying the basic setup of a simple bracket and cheap AIO, they really should consider going ahead and going with a custom loop.Just my opinion.

Most people see temps well into the 40s while gaming and mid 50s C with any out of the box AIO. These numbers are more than adequate for excellent OC potential on modern GPUs and can be accomplished for ~100 bucks.
Edited by Ultisym - 10/2/16 at 7:35am
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5917 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultisym View Post

I am not arguing with you about using a better cold plate being better. Im simply saying on this mod, keeping it cheap is the point and that the cheap out of the box AIOs will get the job done with excellent temps.The great thing about this mod is the average computer user can install in under an hour. If someone wished to start modifying the basic setup of a simple bracket and cheap AIO, they really should consider going ahead and going with a custom loop.Just my opinion.

Most people see temps well into the 40s while gaming and mid 50s C with any out of the box AIO. These numbers are more than adequate for excellent OC potential on modern GPUs and can be accomplished for ~100 bucks.
no offense, pascal is too senstive to temperature so the temp should be as low as possible, although ~50mhz reduction in gpu clock may be insignificant to actual gaming experiences. arctic gpu hybrid aio is another solution providing much better result with similar cost.

nzxt g10 bracket is extremely expensive, my last aio costs even less then the price of nzxt g10, still work like a charm. (id cooling is going to introduce another gpu aio 360mm cooling and id cooling=cheap price)
i hope nzxt would lower the price of g10 and introduce 2nd version of the g10 improving vram and vrm cooling and the quality of those screws and other aio compatibility (at least for those corsair new gen aio). nzxt aio is much better than corsair one as i found that longer aio tube is very important. nxzt should sell these bundles.

the price differential between evga ftw and evga ftw hybrid is just $40 usd.......
Edited by asdkj1740 - 10/2/16 at 9:14am
post #5918 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdkj1740 View Post

nzxt g10 bracket is extremely expensive

I am curious, how much is it there? It seems to be affordable where I am. Around 33$.
Mad Meatballs
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero Zotac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x 8GB 3866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Crucial BX200 Crucial BX200 Intel 600p 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Alphacool DDC-1T 10W with 110mm top reservoir  NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM  Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM x6 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow Modded Kraken X61 Pump with G10 on GPU Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Corsair K95 RGB Seasonic X-850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Tecware Haste Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Fiio E10k 
Audio
Antlion Modmic 4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Mad Meatballs
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero Zotac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x 8GB 3866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Crucial BX200 Crucial BX200 Intel 600p 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Alphacool DDC-1T 10W with 110mm top reservoir  NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM  Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM x6 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow HardwareLabs GTS 280 X-Flow Modded Kraken X61 Pump with G10 on GPU Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Corsair K95 RGB Seasonic X-850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Tecware Haste Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Fiio E10k 
Audio
Antlion Modmic 4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5919 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultisym View Post

Do you have the fans set to exhaust the GPU heat? Or is it set to intake air?

Exhaust. ROTTR max 65c.
Primo case coming on the 5th.thumb.gif
post #5920 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmeatballs View Post

I am curious, how much is it there? It seems to be affordable where I am. Around 33$.

And I got mine for £23.00
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club