Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › puretrak talent
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

puretrak talent

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
i try this pad speed is great but i play 8 10 hours i feel the speed come to low i switch to razer goliathus i feel more speed and better control how its possible?
my baby
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k asus maximus vii gene Bios 2801 HD 7950 G.skill 1333mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 2x On RAID0 none Antec h2o 1250 Win 7 X64 Home Basic 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XL2720Z V4 AMA LOW 1280X1024 Qpad MK-50 Antec EarthWatts Platinum 750W  fractal design define s  
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Gigabyte XM300 Artisan Shidenkai Orange SB0880 XIFI solarflare sfn7122f 
  hide details  
Reply
my baby
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k asus maximus vii gene Bios 2801 HD 7950 G.skill 1333mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 2x On RAID0 none Antec h2o 1250 Win 7 X64 Home Basic 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XL2720Z V4 AMA LOW 1280X1024 Qpad MK-50 Antec EarthWatts Platinum 750W  fractal design define s  
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Gigabyte XM300 Artisan Shidenkai Orange SB0880 XIFI solarflare sfn7122f 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 9
the Talent is very thick... depends which Goliathus you have but I think its thinner = harder = faster and more consistent.

The only plus of this overhyped Talent pad is the comfort.
post #3 of 9
Talent is very susceptible to sweat, and backing is fairly irregular, bumpy.
Some batches are better than others, but still when you go that thick with that quality rubber you're kinda asking for it.
post #4 of 9
I think the Talent is great because of the speed.

I'm honestly not that picky though, I just needed something large enough for 70cm/360.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 9
If you tend to sweat a lot while playing long sessions, you will notice a slow down on the Talent. It is pretty heavily affected by sweat. QCK series makes it less noticeable because of it's higher static friction. It just always feels more controlled, even after longer sets. My goliathus pads held up pretty well, but I think that the coating they put on the pad keeps it a bit cooler and wicks away moisture.

I don't typically sweat a lot while playing, but my new house doesn't have air conditioning, so I've noticed that some pads do change after a longer 80+ degree evening of gameplay. The Artisan Hein and Hayate became my nemesis during these rare nights. They cause a huge rash on my wrist and forearm.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineDark View Post

If you tend to sweat a lot while playing long sessions, you will notice a slow down on the Talent. It is pretty heavily affected by sweat. QCK series makes it less noticeable because of it's higher static friction. It just always feels more controlled, even after longer sets. My goliathus pads held up pretty well, but I think that the coating they put on the pad keeps it a bit cooler and wicks away moisture.

I don't typically sweat a lot while playing, but my new house doesn't have air conditioning, so I've noticed that some pads do change after a longer 80+ degree evening of gameplay. The Artisan Hein and Hayate became my nemesis during these rare nights. They cause a huge rash on my wrist and forearm.

I'm getting the same problem with my Hayate now as it's getting close to summer here. Loved the pad so much when temps were cooler but now a little bit of sweat causes so much friction it makes it really hard to move my wrist across the pad. Not sure what I'm going to do since no other pad I've tried has the same speed and control combination.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmr1 View Post

I'm getting the same problem with my Hayate now as it's getting close to summer here. Loved the pad so much when temps were cooler but now a little bit of sweat causes so much friction it makes it really hard to move my wrist across the pad. Not sure what I'm going to do since no other pad I've tried has the same speed and control combination.

I would go look at the Zowie G-TF Speed. It's the same feeling surface, slightly more rough. It has the same glide, same control, but doesn't irritate my wrist at all. The only down side is that it is very thin, and has almost no cushion to it at all. I love em.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineDark View Post

I would go look at the Zowie G-TF Speed. It's the same feeling surface, slightly more rough. It has the same glide, same control, but doesn't irritate my wrist at all. The only down side is that it is very thin, and has almost no cushion to it at all. I love em.

I have one of those but unfortunately the speed feels a lot worse in my opinion. Plus it refuses to stick to my desk. Might have to use it anyway though.

edit: meant speed not control
Edited by xmr1 - 5/15/14 at 1:50pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmr1 View Post

I have one of those but unfortunately the control feels a lot worse in my opinion. Plus it refuses to stick to my desk. Might have to use it anyway though.

just pour some apple juice under it and let it dry, it'll make it stick nicely!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › puretrak talent