Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › GTX 780 Classified + G10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 780 Classified + G10 - Page 2

post #11 of 151
Thread Starter 
i might do the copper shim but the idea of gluing copper shim on the GPU is a bit scary so im reconsidering heat sinks again
i need to do more research
thanks btw
post #12 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by psp3000 View Post

i might do the copper shim but the idea of gluing copper shim on the GPU is a bit scary so im reconsidering heat sinks again
i need to do more research
thanks btw

Who said anything about gluing. Just sandwich the copper shim using the AIO cooler with TIM. The pressure from mounting the cooler on gpu will keep the copper shim from moving.
post #13 of 151
Thread Starter 
i guess i can try
im ordering my g10 today im trying to decide between Zalman lq-310 or Corsair H55
also from what i see the vrm and rams dont seem to get that high unless you are running furmark
post #14 of 151
Thread Starter 
post #15 of 151

I've seen people use copper shim's that are 20x20x2mm for gtx 680's so they can keep the heatplate as you're trying to do. The copper shim you linked too is 15x15x1.2mm. I can't seem to find any info on the actual size of the GPU itself for the gtx 780. Hopefully someone here has that info.
post #16 of 151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post

I've seen people use copper shim's that are 20x20x2mm for gtx 680's so they can keep the heatplate as you're trying to do. The copper shim you linked too is 15x15x1.2mm. I can't seem to find any info on the actual size of the GPU itself for the gtx 780. Hopefully someone here has that info.
Thank you so much for your help
im finalizing the cooler, im going with kraken X40 and my case already has a 140mm fan so it will be push/pull. I was wondering can I kraken software for the gpu? also im planning to connect the vrm fan to the card and the pump and the 2 other fans from a molex, the only thing left is the copper shim and i have some arctic MX-4.
Edited by psp3000 - 5/18/14 at 4:47am
post #17 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by psp3000 View Post

Thank you so much for your help
im finalizing the cooler, im going with kraken X40 and my case already has a 140mm fan so it will be push/pull. I was wondering can I kraken software for the gpu? also im planning to connect the vrm fan from the card and the pump and the 2 other fans from a molex, the only thing left is the copper shim and i have some arctic MX-4.

Not quite sure what you're asking about the vrm fan. I'm not too familiar with kraken products since I've never used them. But I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the software for it. Just hook it up as if you were installing it to a cpu.
post #18 of 151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post

Not quite sure what you're asking about the vrm fan. I'm not too familiar with kraken products since I've never used them. But I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the software for it. Just hook it up as if you were installing it to a cpu.
im just gonna connect the vrm on the G10 to the graphic card fan, that should be fine but im a bit concerned about the kraken software, i dont know if it monitors GPU temps so i can set a fan curve for it.
post #19 of 151
Hey!

I'm glad i've found this thread, planing to do the same thing with my 780Ti KPE, until i get an EKWB on it.
I haven't measured the size of the GPU yet, but i want to do it next week. I think the EK copper shim would be the best option for the size. What worries me is that it's only 0.5 mm thick.
The others go as thick as 0.8 mm. Need to measure this as well later on.
post #20 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by psp3000 View Post

im just gonna connect the vrm on the G10 to the graphic card fan, that should be fine but im a bit concerned about the kraken software, i dont know if it monitors GPU temps so i can set a fan curve for it.

Ooo, well if you're gonna connect the fan from the g10 to the card. Just use Evga Precision X to set a fan profile. You should be able to control the fan through that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Cooling › GTX 780 Classified + G10