Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [KG] Students get iOS apps running on Android
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KG] Students get iOS apps running on Android - Page 2

post #11 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter View Post

More than Google's?
Android is open source, you can always build your own, or use ParanoidAndroid or Cyanogenmod which ain't bugged at all.
post #12 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbomba View Post

I do greatly dislike Apple policies, but one can't deny they build high quality stuff.
What you mean High Quality? So you saying non-apple products are low quality? In case you have been living under rock. Look up Edward Snowden and PRISM.
post #13 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll99 View Post

Why would you be using Apple products in the first place, when all of the products are NSA bugged to the core?

The thing is. If you read about the latest leak and saw the pictures of real workers unboxing Cisco routers from delivery intercepts (which DHL or any other MUST be aware of otherwise how good is their tracking model ???? ) and inserting chips for surviellence then sending them on route to their intended destination to overseas government and business clients you would realise the complete futility of your statement.

bugged or not, backdoor or not on the OS the core routers are ghosting network traffic and passing it all on through their servers so there really is no point in any line of defence, they are in everything and only the law can restrict it now.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(( the law wont ever do this))

Edited by Pip Boy - 5/15/14 at 11:04am
post #14 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

The thing is. If you read about the latest leak and saw the pictures of real workers unboxing Cisco routers from delivery intercepts (which DHL or any other MUST be aware of otherwise how good is their tracking model ???? ) and inserting chips for surviellence then sending them on route to their intended destination to overseas government and business clients you would realise the complete futility of your statement.

bugged or not, backdoor or not on the OS the core routers are ghosting network traffic and passing it all on through their servers so there really is no point in any line of defence, they are in everything and only the law can restrict it now.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(( the law wont ever do this))
Of course. I'm going to need study hardware to the point that I can build off my own router.
post #15 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll99 View Post

Of course. I'm going to need study hardware to the point that I can build off my own router.

sure.. but your traffic on the internet goes through a gimped OEM enterprise cisco catalyst router so they may be no way into your lan but any traffic out and your history of whats coming in etc.. is logged.


They bugged the internet.
post #16 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

sure.. but your traffic on the internet goes through a gimped OEM enterprise cisco catalyst router so they may be no way into your lan but any traffic out and your history of whats coming in etc.. is logged.


They bugged the internet.
Damn... I'm tired of explaining myself all the over the internet. I explained here once or twice, sub7, c0rrupt, doxsters(when it was active) and the lists goes on. I know what a VPN is, Proxies, TOR, Tails. Homie I'm not the average iPhone user who uses it's Fingerprint scanner.

EDIT:You are a Linux user and obviously more experienced than I am. You know what I'm talking about. But one thing's for sure. You can never be a 100% safe, neither in real life or the internet. But you can take steps towards security.
Edited by DarkNate - 5/15/14 at 11:31am
post #17 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll99 View Post

Damn... I'm tired of explaining myself all the over the internet. I explained here once or twice, sub7, c0rrupt, doxsters(when it was active) and the lists goes on. I know what a VPN is, Proxies, TOR, Tails. Homie I'm not the average iPhone user who uses it's Fingerprint scanner.

EDIT:You are a Linux user and obviously more experience than I am. You know what I'm talking about. But one thing's for sure. You can never be a 100% safe, neither in real life or the internet. But you can take steps towards security.

sure, I agree it is possible 100% point to point everything (that is if VPN isn’t broken which i suspect it is) but anything you type on a public forum (such as this) could put you on a list in theory so yea.. if you want to accept a future where by your never able to be flexible with your online activities then you can avoid certain traps and apps

but this misses the point. Nobody should have to completely revamp their entire way of online life just keep the watchmen away.. but here we are and it sucks. In future your heating, freezer, fridge,oven, microwave, car is going to be on the 'net' and the watchmen will have complete overall control over those devices too...
post #18 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

sure, I agree it is possible 100% point to point everything (that is if VPN isn’t broken which i suspect it is) but anything you type on a public forum (such as this) could put you on a list in theory so yea.. if you want to accept a future where by your never able to be flexible with your online activities then you can avoid certain traps and apps

but this misses the point. Nobody should have to completely revamp their entire way of online life just keep the watchmen away.. but here we are and it sucks. In future your heating, freezer, fridge,oven, microwave, car is going to be on the 'net' and the watchmen will have complete overall control over those devices too...
Yeah bro of course, by the time I become a grandfather my watched would be under surveillance. Well I don't need to change my online lifestyle homie. I have multiple identities. So far I never got into trouble.
And a message to the black-hatters out there Never STEAL!
post #19 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll99 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter View Post

More than Google's?
Android is open source, you can always build your own, or use ParanoidAndroid or Cyanogenmod which ain't bugged at all.

Android is not truly open source. Hence the recent announcement of Firefox Mobile OS.
post #20 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post

Android is not truly open source. Hence the recent announcement of Firefox Mobile OS.
It's open source enough.
New rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670k ASRock Z87 Pro4 GTX 760 Windforce3x OC 2x1GB Kingmax+1x1GB A-Data+1x2GB A-Data 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB 16MB Cache LG DVD Drive Windows 7 64bit LG Flatron W2261VP-PF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM QuickFire TK Red Chieftec 600w JARComputers CM Storm Spawn 
Audio
Superlux HD330 
  hide details  
Reply
New rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670k ASRock Z87 Pro4 GTX 760 Windforce3x OC 2x1GB Kingmax+1x1GB A-Data+1x2GB A-Data 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB 16MB Cache LG DVD Drive Windows 7 64bit LG Flatron W2261VP-PF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM QuickFire TK Red Chieftec 600w JARComputers CM Storm Spawn 
Audio
Superlux HD330 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [KG] Students get iOS apps running on Android