Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club - Page 1991

post #19901 of 22605
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreluiz View Post

~0.1v in C-states ?

Yep, all C-States on auto (well in that case enabled as it's working)
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19902 of 22605
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamen50 View Post

Yep, all C-States on auto (well in that case enabled as it's working)

If it was a skylake we would have many bugs!
post #19903 of 22605
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamen50 View Post

It's amazing how low the CPU voltage can go with power saving settings and an overclock. I'm getting as low as 0.084v and it's surprisingly stable. I'm surprised how it can even do that with no issues.

It will go to 0 volts in core C6 and C7 - in these states voltage is removed from the core.
Auto might not enable these states because some older power supplies could not supply the low voltage
FDR4-8700k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Asus Maximus X Code MSI GTX 1070 X 32GB g.skill Trident Z RGB, 3200 KHz 14-14-14-34 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO  Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Western Digitial Caviar Black 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Blue in USB 3.0 enclosure 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digitial Caviar Green in USB 3.0 enclosure Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB Noctua NH-D15 (only middle NF-A15 Chromax) 4 x Noctua NF-A14 Chromax black swap 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NF-F12 Chromax black swap Windows 10 Pro 64 bit NEC LCD2490WUXI-SV DELL P2217H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid TKL Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W Fractal Design R4 Logitech G602 
Mouse PadAudio
perixx dx-2000 On Board SupremeFX 
  hide details  
Reply
FDR4-8700k
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Asus Maximus X Code MSI GTX 1070 X 32GB g.skill Trident Z RGB, 3200 KHz 14-14-14-34 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO  Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Western Digitial Caviar Black 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Blue in USB 3.0 enclosure 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digitial Caviar Green in USB 3.0 enclosure Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB Noctua NH-D15 (only middle NF-A15 Chromax) 4 x Noctua NF-A14 Chromax black swap 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NF-F12 Chromax black swap Windows 10 Pro 64 bit NEC LCD2490WUXI-SV DELL P2217H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid TKL Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W Fractal Design R4 Logitech G602 
Mouse PadAudio
perixx dx-2000 On Board SupremeFX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19904 of 22605
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneO View Post

It will go to 0 volts in core C6 and C7 - in these states voltage is removed from the core.
Auto might not enable these states because some older power supplies could not supply the low voltage

But FreezeLake can't to enter in deep C-State... Freeeeeze
post #19905 of 22605
Hello fellow overclockers!

I have been messing around with my 4690k for a while now and been able to get it stable 4.8ghz 1.275v, cache 4.4ghz 1.200v. All power saving options disabled from bios and win 10.

Now that i dropped my core down to 4.7 to get temps where i want them to be (60-70c under load) Should i start turning on some power saving options/utilities or adaptive voltage? Would i get any other benefit from it than just cheaper electricity bill?

If so, some tip's would be much appreciated

My specs:

i5 4690k 4.7ghz 1.260v
G.skill ripjaws 16gb (4x4gb). 1866. 9-10-10-28 (stock 1600. 9-9-9-24)
Asrock z97 pro 4
Gtx 970 1506/8000mhz 1.262v
post #19906 of 22605
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegzor View Post

Hello fellow overclockers!

I have been messing around with my 4690k for a while now and been able to get it stable 4.8ghz 1.275v, cache 4.4ghz 1.200v. All power saving options disabled from bios and win 10.

Now that i dropped my core down to 4.7 to get temps where i want them to be (60-70c under load) Should i start turning on some power saving options/utilities or adaptive voltage? Would i get any other benefit from it than just cheaper electricity bill?

If so, some tip's would be much appreciated

My specs:

i5 4690k 4.7ghz 1.260v
G.skill ripjaws 16gb (4x4gb). 1866. 9-10-10-28 (stock 1600. 9-9-9-24)
Asrock z97 pro 4
Gtx 970 1506/8000mhz 1.262v

I did. There is no reason to keep your core at max clocks and voltage all the time. Theoretically it can reduce the life span. I enabled all my power-saving features in bios plus adaptive voltage. I left windows power profile as high performance but changed minimum processor to 5%.
post #19907 of 22605
Enable all cstates. Adaptive voltage does not do anything if cstates are working.
Dorje
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte z97x-sli MSI TF 280 G Skill Sniper 1600/9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 4 tb hybrid Corsair h80i Windows 8.1 SE39UY04 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA NEX-G 750W S340 (white) Bloody ZL5A Razer Blackshark 
  hide details  
Reply
Dorje
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte z97x-sli MSI TF 280 G Skill Sniper 1600/9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 4 tb hybrid Corsair h80i Windows 8.1 SE39UY04 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA NEX-G 750W S340 (white) Bloody ZL5A Razer Blackshark 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19908 of 22605
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorje View Post

Enable all cstates. Adaptive voltage does not do anything if cstates are working.

if i remember correctly, no stress testing with synthetics after this? x264 v2 few loops should be enough?
post #19909 of 22605
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegzor View Post

if i remember correctly, no stress testing with synthetics after this? x264 v2 few loops should be enough?

You aren't enabling adaptive so you can use prime 95 if you want. There's no reason to if you're nearing your thermal limit though.
Dorje
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte z97x-sli MSI TF 280 G Skill Sniper 1600/9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 4 tb hybrid Corsair h80i Windows 8.1 SE39UY04 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA NEX-G 750W S340 (white) Bloody ZL5A Razer Blackshark 
  hide details  
Reply
Dorje
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte z97x-sli MSI TF 280 G Skill Sniper 1600/9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 4 tb hybrid Corsair h80i Windows 8.1 SE39UY04 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA NEX-G 750W S340 (white) Bloody ZL5A Razer Blackshark 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19910 of 22605
Just enabled c7 state and temps wen't on idle to ~23C and power consumption dropped to 5-10w. I guess this is enough for me since core speed doesn't hurt cpu.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club