Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club - Page 2107

post #21061 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIXEDGREENS View Post

No sir, no 1.9 vDIMM for me. Once I figured out I had Samsung chips in here I went for lower speed and tighter timings. Currently trying out 2200mhz cas 9 at 1.64v.

This is for 24/7 use. I've got a worst-of-the-worst stock core VID so I've been obsessively trying out any and all methods to slightly reduce vcore at a given multi and improve scaling in general. Seems like memory OC is the best place to look for improving voltage margins chip-wide, but it's definitely more of a hobby than a practical use of time.

Been using 1.74v for my g.skill samsung chips for past 6 months. They offer life time warranty so why not?
post #21062 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegzor View Post

Been using 1.74v for my g.skill samsung chips for past 6 months. They offer life time warranty so why not?
No reason not to. What speed and primaries are you running? 2800mhz cas 11 seems just out of reach for mine at 1.74v, which is right at the voltage where they start getting cranky. mad.gif

In exciting news, I just hit HyperPi 4 x 32m 4.5ghz core at 1.25v VID, 35mv lower than I've ever had it even somewhat stable. 4.2ghz cache at 5mv under stock, and ddr3-2200 tight tertiaries with -64mv vSA, stock IOA, and +10mv IOD.



4.6ghz is next up. 4.4->4.5 took 40mv. If I can get 46x in 50mv or less, I might be looking at 47x daily/gaming stable. Not getting my hopes up though.
post #21063 of 22515
Now i'm happy. 2600 Cl10 passed 200% in hci memtest. I have done alot of research and testing lately and I never thought these settings would get far, but they did. Could probably lower dram voltage, but i went with the highest voltage i was comfortable with. Seems to scale pretty well with voltage.
post #21064 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzzz View Post

Now i'm happy. 2600 Cl10 passed 200% in hci memtest. I have done alot of research and testing lately and I never thought these settings would get far, but they did. Could probably lower dram voltage, but i went with the highest voltage i was comfortable with. Seems to scale pretty well with voltage.

Still so jealous of your core. Have you tried out 4.8ghz core 4.6ghz cache? I'm curious if yours scales similarly to mine from there. Mine appears to need +70mv for 45x -> 46x (1.25 VID -> 1.32), but I'm not 100% on being stable at those volts yet.

Glad you posted that; it must be a universal trait of 4690ks to be able to do core multi - 2 on cache at the same voltage.
post #21065 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzzz View Post

Now i'm happy. 2600 Cl10 passed 200% in hci memtest. I have done alot of research and testing lately and I never thought these settings would get far, but they did. Could probably lower dram voltage, but i went with the highest voltage i was comfortable with. Seems to scale pretty well with voltage.
Are you running 1.80 volts dram to get that memory to run cl 10 2600.
post #21066 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIK1 View Post

Are you running 1.80 volts dram to get that memory to run cl 10 2600.
Yes, 1.78v set in bios and 1.8v in Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIXEDGREENS View Post

Still so jealous of your core. Have you tried out 4.8ghz core 4.6ghz cache? I'm curious if yours scales similarly to mine from there. Mine appears to need +70mv for 45x -> 46x (1.25 VID -> 1.32), but I'm not 100% on being stable at those volts yet.

Glad you posted that; it must be a universal trait of 4690ks to be able to do core multi - 2 on cache at the same voltage.
Not yet, but I'm going to test it.
post #21067 of 22515
Just recently started to OC my CPU and I've managed to get a stable OC of 4.6Ghz, at 1.27V. I also locked the Cache multiplier to 41 (read that some mobo's see keeping it at stock as the same as auto) I have an Asus Mobo and put it on the XMB profile which kept my RAM it's stock speed of 1866Mhz.

I've been trying to push it to 4.7Ghz, but can't seem to get it right. Even going up to 1.35V and adjusting the total volts to the processor to 2.0V it isn't able to pass a two hour x264 test. I also tried lowering the RAM to 1600, and tested with the cache voltage both on auto and locked to 1.2V.

My temps are high all around, even after reseating my Kraken x61 it's always near 85 degrees.

I'd like to push it to 4.7 or 4.8 Ghz if possible, or at the very least lower to voltage required to get to 4.6, but I can't seem to get it right. I'm not too familiar with OCing, so I'm unsure what other voltages and adjust, and in what order to try them.

I've got an Asus Rog mobo, i7 4790k, Kraken X61, and an H440 case.

Anyway, thoughts? If I'm not giving enough info to help, please let me know what I can add.
post #21068 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by polariscipher View Post

Just recently started to OC my CPU and I've managed to get a stable OC of 4.6Ghz, at 1.27V. I also locked the Cache multiplier to 41 (read that some mobo's see keeping it at stock as the same as auto) I have an Asus Mobo and put it on the XMB profile which kept my RAM it's stock speed of 1866Mhz.

I've been trying to push it to 4.7Ghz, but can't seem to get it right. Even going up to 1.35V and adjusting the total volts to the processor to 2.0V it isn't able to pass a two hour x264 test. I also tried lowering the RAM to 1600, and tested with the cache voltage both on auto and locked to 1.2V.

My temps are high all around, even after reseating my Kraken x61 it's always near 85 degrees.

I'd like to push it to 4.7 or 4.8 Ghz if possible, or at the very least lower to voltage required to get to 4.6, but I can't seem to get it right. I'm not too familiar with OCing, so I'm unsure what other voltages and adjust, and in what order to try them.

I've got an Asus Rog mobo, i7 4790k, Kraken X61, and an H440 case.

Anyway, thoughts? If I'm not giving enough info to help, please let me know what I can add.

Only thing I can really think of is poor thermal paste application or something wrong with your X61 if temps are that high. Might still be something in the bios you are missing. My air cooler pushes 4.8ghz no problem and is comparable to a 120mm rad. That 280mm you have even though it is a CLC it still should be more than powerful enough to push 4.8ghz. Maybe someone else can chime in but something is definitely wrong temperature-wise. You should be able to get stability at 4.7ghz though too so something else may be wrong. Definitely a headscratcher. Maybe someone with an Asus mobo will be aware of some features that are messing with you. Might be a combination of issues. How many ram sticks do you use? If you use more then one can try testing with just one stick then switch, might be faulty ram but that shouldn't mess with temps I wouldn't think. Look up all of the stock voltages and make sure most things are set to manual voltages. I know my ASRock board likes to up the vcore voltage even though the original VID was low on mine.
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Overclocker
(12 items)
 
Media PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Delidded + Lapped ASRock Z97 Extreme4 MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660  Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Deneva 2 R series 400GB SSD WD Green 4TB HDD Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 10 Seasonic 650w M12II Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic side Cobra e-blue 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel core 2 quad q8200 Dell studio stock Dell studio Stock Corsair Force 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
External powered Seagate expansion desk Dell studio stock Stock Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 GA-990FXA-UD5 MSI 7870 Hawk Edition Gskill 1600 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force Series 3 22x Samsung w/ lightscribe dvd/cd burner Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer x173w Seasonic M12II 650watt Semi-Modular PSU Apevia x-dreamer4 (with side window and red) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #21069 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfree88 View Post

Only thing I can really think of is poor thermal paste application or something wrong with your X61 if temps are that high. Might still be something in the bios you are missing. My air cooler pushes 4.8ghz no problem and is comparable to a 120mm rad. That 280mm you have even though it is a CLC it still should be more than powerful enough to push 4.8ghz. Maybe someone else can chime in but something is definitely wrong temperature-wise. You should be able to get stability at 4.7ghz though too so something else may be wrong. Definitely a headscratcher. Maybe someone with an Asus mobo will be aware of some features that are messing with you. Might be a combination of issues. How many ram sticks do you use? If you use more then one can try testing with just one stick then switch, might be faulty ram but that shouldn't mess with temps I wouldn't think. Look up all of the stock voltages and make sure most things are set to manual voltages. I know my ASRock board likes to up the vcore voltage even though the original VID was low on mine.

I use two sticks, but even if something is wrong there it wouldn't affect the temps. I think I need to figure out what's wrong there before I continue to OC, because I'm getting up to 85 even on the stock clock. My setup is an H440 with 3 120mm fans as intake in the front, the Kraken x61 in a push configuration at the top as exhaust, and another fan as exhaust (I think it's a 140mm) in the rear.

I've reapplied the thermal paste recently, though I guess I could have done it poorly. I don't know how though, I used a small dot in the center which has always worked for me before and seems to be the recommended method. Using mx4 paste as well. As far as I'm aware the Kraken is working just fine, but putting the fans at 100% all the time doesn't help. Could my fan setup be causing the high temps? Or is there some conflict between my mobo and the Kraken software that's making the pump not run at full power? The rpm's on both the fan and pump are plenty high according to CAM. Anyway, I'm at a bit of a loss when it comes to the temps.
post #21070 of 22515
Quote:
Originally Posted by polariscipher View Post

I use two sticks, but even if something is wrong there it wouldn't affect the temps. I think I need to figure out what's wrong there before I continue to OC, because I'm getting up to 85 even on the stock clock. My setup is an H440 with 3 120mm fans as intake in the front, the Kraken x61 in a push configuration at the top as exhaust, and another fan as exhaust (I think it's a 140mm) in the rear.

I've reapplied the thermal paste recently, though I guess I could have done it poorly. I don't know how though, I used a small dot in the center which has always worked for me before and seems to be the recommended method. Using mx4 paste as well. As far as I'm aware the Kraken is working just fine, but putting the fans at 100% all the time doesn't help. Could my fan setup be causing the high temps? Or is there some conflict between my mobo and the Kraken software that's making the pump not run at full power? The rpm's on both the fan and pump are plenty high according to CAM. Anyway, I'm at a bit of a loss when it comes to the temps.

Are you sure that the cooler is 100% mounted evenly across the CPU IHS? The only reason I ask is someone I know was in a similar situation as you, and part of the mount for his h100i was bent (a screw that held the block onto the mounting plate I think) which caused uneven spread across the IHS, leading to high temps.

Also, sorry if I missed it in an earlier post from you, but were your temps this high prior to changing the paste recently?

What are your idle temps looking like right now?

Your coolant lines are fairly straight, no kinks?

Have you tried touching the radiator when the temps are up to see if it is actually warm? Maybe the coolant isn't circulating? Does the pump sound fine, any funny noises?

I can dig through the bios and see if there is anything for you to check in yours (I also have one of the ROG boards, which one do you have?), right now I can't think of anything offhand though.
Deepthought
(15 items)
 
Baldr
(14 items)
 
Terminal Dogma
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-7850K MSI A88XM-GAMING Integrated Crucial Ballistix Sport  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO  Prolimatech Genesis Black 2x Phanteks PH-F140HP 3x Noctua NF-P14S 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Debian 8 Samsung UN55H6350AFXZA Dell Generic Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 
MouseOther
Logitech G402 HP NC364T 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core I3 M370 Intel HD Toshiba Samsung 850 EVO 
OSOS
Windows 7 Ultimate Fedora 21 
  hide details  
Reply
Deepthought
(15 items)
 
Baldr
(14 items)
 
Terminal Dogma
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-7850K MSI A88XM-GAMING Integrated Crucial Ballistix Sport  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO  Prolimatech Genesis Black 2x Phanteks PH-F140HP 3x Noctua NF-P14S 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Debian 8 Samsung UN55H6350AFXZA Dell Generic Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 
MouseOther
Logitech G402 HP NC364T 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core I3 M370 Intel HD Toshiba Samsung 850 EVO 
OSOS
Windows 7 Ultimate Fedora 21 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club