Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide - Page 26

post #251 of 286
Your welcome thumb.gif

Wish someone had warned me back then, would have saved me lots of time lol tongue.gif
Btw Strange tho that gigabyte themself couldn't provide me and probably some, if not, lots of other people with the same issue with a solution to get back to F6 lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephelix View Post


Good to know! Thanks and +rep
That's +1 to procrastination right there. Lol

Your welcome thumb.gif

Wish someone had warned me back then, would have saved me lots of time lol tongue.gif
Btw Strange tho that gigabyte themself couldn't provide me and probably some, if not, lots of other people with the same issue with a solution to get back to F6 lol...
post #252 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuacK View Post

Your welcome thumb.gif

Wish someone had warned me back then, would have saved me lots of time lol tongue.gif
Btw Strange tho that gigabyte themself couldn't provide me and probably some, if not, lots of other people with the same issue with a solution to get back to F6 lol...
Your welcome thumb.gif

Wish someone had warned me back then, would have saved me lots of time lol tongue.gif
Btw Strange tho that gigabyte themself couldn't provide me and probably some, if not, lots of other people with the same issue with a solution to get back to F6 lol...
Yeah. The thing that stopped me most of the time was the notice that you can't revert back to F6 once you've flashed F7. Is that a thing for all the other mobo manufacturers? Only my 2nd build and first gigabyte mobo, hence the noobish questions
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
post #253 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephelix View Post

Yeah. The thing that stopped me most of the time was the notice that you can't revert back to F6 once you've flashed F7. Is that a thing for all the other mobo manufacturers? Only my 2nd build and first gigabyte mobo, hence the noobish questions

That warning message should have been enough to stop me too lol but I thought maybe there will be enhancements in the new bios so Iwent to update.
But then I somehow screwed up and ended up with both bioses flashed to F7 (dont ask me how) I dont know but I was stupid thats for sure.

I dont know either about other mobo brands.
post #254 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuacK View Post

That warning message should have been enough to stop me too lol but I thought maybe there will be enhancements in the new bios so Iwent to update.
But then I somehow screwed up and ended up with both bioses flashed to F7 (dont ask me how) I dont know but I was stupid thats for sure.

I dont know either about other mobo brands.
Exactly what I thought is well, why put out bios updates for just 1 single thing. You'd have thought that they'd bundle more stuff in, like improved bios stuff etc....Thanks for taking one for the team man.. I really appreciate it wink.gif
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
post #255 of 286
Im completely redoing my OC now that I am back on bios F6.


4.8GHz seems stable @ 1.296 but ill play some games for a few hours and then move on to 4.9 biggrin.gif
post #256 of 286
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuacK View Post

Im completely redoing my OC now that I am back on bios F6.


4.8GHz seems stable @ 1.296 but ill play some games for a few hours and then move on to 4.9 biggrin.gif

Real nice voltages there....
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
post #257 of 286
My stock vcore at 4.4GHz was 1.248, but I could lower it all the way down to 1.115 for that speed hehe.
From there on I upped the multiplier. A while back I had this chip running at 5ghz 1.398v, so im curious what voltage ill hit now for that OC.
I keep getting wea uncorrectable error though, when I try to run the realbench stresstest, it crashes after about 15 minutes everytime with the same error.
I know this is usually a memory issue dram voltage or vtt, I tried lots of things but i keep getting that error when stresstesting with realbench.

When I run the benchmark for a couple of loops everything is fine though, no errors.
Also I noticed GTL is reading my settings incorrect, so im thinking it might have something to do with that. but I havent been able to fix this problem mad.gif

:


I have set dram termination voltage in my bios to 1.160v and ram voltage at 1.65v in bios but GTL says VDDR_T 1.0050 which is probably too low, given my ram voltage of 1.65v.
Edited by QuacK - 2/2/16 at 7:07pm
post #258 of 286
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuacK View Post

My stock vcore at 4.4GHz was 1.248, but I could lower it all the way down to 1.115 for that speed hehe.
From there on I upped the multiplier. A while back I had this chip running at 5ghz 1.398v, so im curious what voltage ill hit now for that OC.
I keep getting wea uncorrectable error though, when I try to run the realbench stresstest, it crashes after about 15 minutes everytime with the same error.
I know this is usually a memory issue dram voltage or vtt, I tried lots of things but i keep getting that error when stresstesting with realbench.

When I run the benchmark for a couple of loops everything is fine though, no errors.
Also I noticed GTL is reading my settings incorrect, so im thinking it might have something to do with that. but I havent been able to fix this problem mad.gif

:


I have set dram termination voltage in my bios to 1.160v and ram voltage at 1.65v in bios but GTL says VDDR_T 1.0050 which is probably too low, given my ram voltage of 1.65v.

Would lowering ram clocks allow you to achieve the desired clocks?
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
Floored
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G Kingston Low Voltage Value Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Western Digital Green 3TB Noctua NH-D15 Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm x 8 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Philips 240B1CB 1920 x 1200 Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 1920 x 1200 Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Corsair Obsidian 750D Zowie FK-1 Barracuda Juggernaut 
AudioOther
Corsair H2100 Wireless Headset NZXT Sentry 3  
  hide details  
Reply
post #259 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephelix View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Would lowering ram clocks allow you to achieve the desired clocks?



Lowering the ram clocks did somewhat help. GTL is now reporting correct values (except for 1 value) and this is VDDR_T.

I set VDDR_T to 1.011 in the BIOS, but in windows GTL reports 1.005..... this happens everytime and this is probably causing me to get WHEA Uncorrectable error every time.


Maybe im stupid and doing the same mistake over and over again but I have no idea what is going wrong lol. Still getting WHEA when Realbench stresstesting.
post #260 of 286


Almost back at 5GHz, but I think it will be a little over 1.4v this time. 1.356v for 4.9GHz atm and I think this is pretty much as low as I can get it. Still not bad though smile.gif

Still having those WHEA errors though sometimes when I use the realbench stresstest mode, although I managed to pass 15mins with 4GB test 1 time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide