Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club - Page 172

Poll Results: Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?

 
  • 93% (242)
    Yes
  • 6% (16)
    No
258 Total Votes  
post #1711 of 2742
Just fitted a Noctua NH-L9x65 into one of my SG13.

But my i7-3770 idles at 53c, and goes to over 80c during load.

It doesn't sound right does it?? It's barely any better than the stock cooler that I was using!

I thought it didn't sit properly so I took it off and checked, but it seemed to be fine because the compound was spread evenly so it must be sitting flat.

Any ideas?

Also tested with the case open but it didn't make a significant difference.
post #1712 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by wywywywy View Post

Just fitted a Noctua NH-L9x65 into one of my SG13.

But my i7-3770 idles at 53c, and goes to over 80c during load.

It doesn't sound right does it?? It's barely any better than the stock cooler that I was using!

I thought it didn't sit properly so I took it off and checked, but it seemed to be fine because the compound was spread evenly so it must be sitting flat.

Any ideas?

Also tested with the case open but it didn't make a significant difference.
Looks like that cooler doesn't perform too well: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Noctua/NH-L9x65/6.html

Although it should be quite a bit better than stock: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7292/noctua-nh-l9x65-low-profile-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html
Edited by LikeTheRazor - 6/9/16 at 2:37pm
post #1713 of 2742
So I have a EVGA Supernova G2 750 watt power supply. The dimensions are slightly outside of the specs on the silverstone website.

Does anyone have any idea if this would actually fit? I'm trying not to spend any more than I have to. Thanks!
post #1714 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowersman View Post

So I have a EVGA Supernova G2 750 watt power supply. The dimensions are slightly outside of the specs on the silverstone website.

Does anyone have any idea if this would actually fit? I'm trying not to spend any more than I have to. Thanks!

You won't be able to fit the top bracket, so you can only fit one drive to the bottom of the case. Anything longer than 140mm you can't use the top bracket.
post #1715 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by wywywywy View Post

You won't be able to fit the top bracket, so you can only fit one drive to the bottom of the case. Anything longer than 140mm you can't use the top bracket.

Oh okay. Can I use the larger power supply if I forgo the top bracket and mount my SSD on the bottom? Thanks
post #1716 of 2742
Does anyone know which of the 1080's will fit in this case (apart from the FE)?
ITX Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Z170i Pro Gaming GTX 1070 FE Corsair vengeance 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Crucial MX300 1TB Storage Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24GM77 144 hz Coolermaster Quickfire XT (Cherry MX browns) Corsair SF600 Silverstone Sugo SG13B 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone Pure Military Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
ITX Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Z170i Pro Gaming GTX 1070 FE Corsair vengeance 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Crucial MX300 1TB Storage Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24GM77 144 hz Coolermaster Quickfire XT (Cherry MX browns) Corsair SF600 Silverstone Sugo SG13B 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone Pure Military Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1717 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowersman View Post

Oh okay. Can I use the larger power supply if I forgo the top bracket and mount my SSD on the bottom? Thanks

I can't guarantee it, but looking at the case itself, I think you can yes. But the next problem is that you are limited to somewhat sub-par cooler unless you go AIO.
post #1718 of 2742
Quote:
Originally Posted by wywywywy View Post

I can't guarantee it, but looking at the case itself, I think you can yes. But the next problem is that you are limited to somewhat sub-par cooler unless you go AIO.

True. The plan is to try and fit the Corair H75 so I can get a push pull. I have a 5 year old push pull H40 but I think it's time to upgrade. I wish I could just sell this MacBook Pro faster so I can get the cash to build this rig!!
post #1719 of 2742
Maybe not enough space for push pull because of the PSU.
post #1720 of 2742
finally got the GTX 1080 price in indonesia about $750. Glad I choose this over my previous MSI GTX GAMING 970 is more quiter and cooler maybe of the blower style cooler, open air GPU i say is for atx case.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club