Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club - Page 247

Poll Results: Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?

 
  • 93% (232)
    Yes
  • 6% (16)
    No
248 Total Votes  
post #2461 of 2540
Yea, i'am also think that second will be better when i'm look at schema
For now i don't have so much time to test which is better, maybe in near future...


Maybe do you have some proposal for not bad, cheap air cooler (good for schema 1) / liquid cooler?
post #2462 of 2540
I don't think it's a good idea to use the PSU as an exhaust. There's really not much good about blowing hot air onto the PSU, ur just making it go from semi-passive mode to fan mode creating unnecessary noise. Using the case as designed is good enough, there is enough pressure in the case for the hot air to escape provided you:
1) Use an SFF PSU and mount the biggest possible cooling (I strongly recommend Cryorig C1)
2) Have a decent intake fan in front (I recommend an eLoop 140mm PWM)
post #2463 of 2540
Hi all,

I am about to build a System with the Sugo 13.

Here are the specs of the components:
i5 6600k
16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz
Asrock H110 Mini ITX
EVGA GTX 980Ti SC acx2.0
Silverstone ST45SF 450 Watt modular SFX PSU

Now I am wondering about the best CPU cooling to use. I cannot really find a consensus for this, so I will ask here:

I am doubting between the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 + 120mm casefan OR Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120.

Which one would give me the best overall cooling for the system, particularly for the GPU, since it is an open air GPU (not blower style).

I figured it would be: GPU draws air in at the side > AIO fan will exhaust air out of the front.
OR GPU draws air in at the side > Big Shuriken wooshes it around the CPU a bit > Front 120mm fan exhausts.

Is there any consensus on which solution is better in terms of temperatures?

Thanks!
post #2464 of 2540
That depends whether you are comfortable with an AIO (there's always a risk of leakage, even if minute) and what you want to achieve with your setup. If you want as big as an overclock as possible, which I guess you might since you have a k chip, then AIO is to be considered. Although I am not sure about the overclock on a H110 board. If you don't need to overclock, then you'd be fine on air cooling.

I got my i5-6600k because it was cheaper at the time than a non-k chip for some reason. It's sitting on stock 3.5GHz and undervolted to 1V.
I'm getting around 60C under Prime95 Small FFTs testing, it's rock stable. Normal Windows usage is around 35-40, Gaming around 50, video encoding (HEVC) below 60. Just an idea what you might expect with a good cooler. I don't know about the Big Shuriken, I heard good things but it's probably not the best cooler around. I'm sitting on a Noctua NH-L12 now with a Cryoring XT140 slim fan sitting on top of it (the thick Noctua one wouldn't fit) and it's pretty good. However, I have a Cryorig C1 waiting to be mounted - it uses a single fan (the same XT140 slim) but has the same or even marginally lower temps than the Noctua, because it has 6 heatpipes instead of 4 and is around 100-150g more massive (can't remember the exact number). After pretty extensive research that would be my top choice for this case.

Going air would also give you the benefit of mounting an intake fan with high static pressure, which dramatically helps with the overall airflow and pressure inside the case. Even with a full length GPU you could still squeeze in a 140mm fan with some modding - either by drilling in new mounting holes into the front or trying to make a mount work with plastic bands. It would definitely help the GPU and motherboard to get some breeze in there.

I hope this helps.
post #2465 of 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjol View Post

That depends whether you are comfortable with an AIO (there's always a risk of leakage, even if minute) and what you want to achieve with your setup. If you want as big as an overclock as possible, which I guess you might since you have a k chip, then AIO is to be considered. Although I am not sure about the overclock on a H110 board. If you don't need to overclock, then you'd be fine on air cooling.

I got my i5-6600k because it was cheaper at the time than a non-k chip for some reason. It's sitting on stock 3.5GHz and undervolted to 1V.
I'm getting around 60C under Prime95 Small FFTs testing, it's rock stable. Normal Windows usage is around 35-40, Gaming around 50, video encoding (HEVC) below 60. Just an idea what you might expect with a good cooler. I don't know about the Big Shuriken, I heard good things but it's probably not the best cooler around. I'm sitting on a Noctua NH-L12 now with a Cryoring XT140 slim fan sitting on top of it (the thick Noctua one wouldn't fit) and it's pretty good. However, I have a Cryorig C1 waiting to be mounted - it uses a single fan (the same XT140 slim) but has the same or even marginally lower temps than the Noctua, because it has 6 heatpipes instead of 4 and is around 100-150g more massive (can't remember the exact number). After pretty extensive research that would be my top choice for this case.

Going air would also give you the benefit of mounting an intake fan with high static pressure, which dramatically helps with the overall airflow and pressure inside the case. Even with a full length GPU you could still squeeze in a 140mm fan with some modding - either by drilling in new mounting holes into the front or trying to make a mount work with plastic bands. It would definitely help the GPU and motherboard to get some breeze in there.

I hope this helps.

Hello, thanks so much, thats a very helpful answer!

Well, I got the 6600k used, but dont plan to overclock it, just got a good deal on it. Im saving a lot of money by not getting a Z chip motherboard too. Im worried my 450 Watt PSU wont be sufficient to overclock it combined with the 980ti anyway.

The Cryorig C1 and Noctua NH-L12 look nice, but a little expensive for my taste. Ive heard good things about the Shuriken, and the price is still OK at about $37. It should only be slightly worse than the Noctua according to this review by SilentPcreview: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1270-page7.html

I was just thinking that with an AIO, CPU heat doesnt get inside the case but gets exhausted straight away. This should help with GPU temps as well? Although someone on the previous page has said he actually gets worse GPU temps on an AIO cooler than on a air cooler. Seems counterintuitive to me, but what do I know?

Alright, I think I will get a Shuriken combined with a good 140mm static pressure intake then. I thought my GPU would limit me to 120mm, but I dont mind getting a bit creative to make it fit!
post #2466 of 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjol View Post

I don't think it's a good idea to use the PSU as an exhaust. There's really not much good about blowing hot air onto the PSU, ur just making it go from semi-passive mode to fan mode creating unnecessary noise. Using the case as designed is good enough, there is enough pressure in the case for the hot air to escape provided you:
1) Use an SFF PSU and mount the biggest possible cooling (I strongly recommend Cryorig C1)
2) Have a decent intake fan in front (I recommend an eLoop 140mm PWM)

My configuration is: i5-7500, ga-h270n-wifi, atx psu, fan bequiet 140mm on front.
When i looked for motherboard i forgot about usb3.0 port, and now port is near the cpu (box cooler).
post #2467 of 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsphonorio View Post

For what its worth in regards to my above post

I actually ended up flipping the PSU(I really didnt trust using it as an exhaust) And Fractal makes this silent series fan and they have a 40x40x10 fan that fit perfect there. They only had 1 at the store and so far the temps seemed fine during stress test, but I have room for another if I change my mind. They are adorable little fans and actually fit perfectly between the clearance of my PSU and the fan just fits in the small window of space between the bottom of my PSU and the end of vent.

These little Fractal fans are perfect for this spot in the case.


I put the fractal silent 50mm fan above my evga 1080ti so it exhaust all the heat from gpu and cool the ambient temp of my case
post #2468 of 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3MS3M View Post

I put the fractal silent 50mm fan above my evga 1080ti so it exhaust all the heat from gpu and cool the ambient temp of my case

That is a really good idea to put it right over the GPU. At the moment my temps are good but this something Im going to keep this in mind. I need to double check my PSU size and see if I have that gap.
Thanks for the idea!

Im currently running two 40 mm on that side vent and it has been running great.
post #2469 of 2540
Hey I just decided to give this idea whirl and adding that small fan over the gpu dropped my average GPU temp by about 8c. and helped with CPU temps as well. I cant speak highly enough of these 40 and 50mm fractal silent series fans for this case. Quiet and do help alot
post #2470 of 2540
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsphonorio View Post

Hey I just decided to give this idea whirl and adding that small fan over the gpu dropped my average GPU temp by about 8c. and helped with CPU temps as well. I cant speak highly enough of these 40 and 50mm fractal silent series fans for this case. Quiet and do help alot

yes the most significant impact for this little 50mm fan is above the gpu area it exhaust all the heat from cpu and gpu trap inside your case.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club