I do the duct fans Wrapping Test to decide which color-material have the best effect
Assembled it all
Here are four options:
1) Mirrored chrome effect, this film is very difficult to put on a curved surface, it is 3M but not for car wrapping, is specific for glass or flat surfaces
2) Brushed Metal, this film is beautiful and I have seen it used in some projects on SSD and other parts, in this application, however, it seems me that doesn't sit well with the red and black plexy
3) Red Carbon Fiber, this would be my first choice but 3M doesn't offer this color, so I bought the film on Amazon and with fans off you can see a big difference ....
4) Black Carbon Fiber, the quality can be seen, 3M original film, a bit thick to put on, but it's fantastic, it isn't exactly the effect that I had thought but very nice I'm reevaluating it
I would like these parts were beautiful both with fans off that on, certainly you must consider that for a long time the PC is turned on.
Then turn on the turbojet !
Here are four options turn on:
1) Mirrored chrome, much better than turn off, but not the effect that I had thought, moreover this film, because of its characteristics, has imperfections
2) Brushed Metal, this film hasn't a good effect even with the fans on
3) Red Carbon Fiber, as expected this color maximizes the effect of the fans LED, but you continue to note the low quality of the material
4) Black Carbon Fiber, the quality is undeniable, there is also the 3D effect, but there isn't a real incandescent effect of duct as above
I am torn between the two colors of Carbon Fiber
I ordered a new Red Carbon Fiber film of Hexis specific for Car Wrapping
Edited by The Colonel - 8/9/15 at 11:10am