the possibilities are endless
Aquacomputer is a good company, as Alphacool, but they aren't so used.
I'll use also acquacomputer Aquaero 6 XL as Fan Controller, I'll need 2 of that because I'll have 4 pumps, 62 fans, 2 flow sensors and 4 temperature probes
As I had anticipated, I assembled the new space above the 2 cooling towers, initially for this top floor had thought of making a single piece that went from the back to the front with a flat horizontal mounting.
I then opted for this different solution that allows for maintenance to disassemble the front and rear blocks, leaving a central block (it would still be a mess ....)
The old drill is dead, here is the new tool became part of my toys.
I prepared the frames making holes for fixing
I fixed the profiles of 15 cm in vertical on towers top with the usual technique, the difficulty has been that now on the same 2.5 cm are inserted 6 screws of 2cm and one of 5cm.
Then I have removed them and fixed on the frames in corresponding positions
Finally I reassembled everything and inserted the screws of 5 cm and this is the result
I have do some test putting the 900D already modded near the new structures.
I also tried to put the Monsta 560 in a position that I hadn't expected initially.
I wanted to remind you that the structures are designed to accommodate each 2 Monsta 560 each with 8 fans.
here there are some measures to make you understand what I'm going to do next.
As you can see the case when flanked by the two towers is lower of about 17 cm, there will be the last parallelepiped that I will fix at Cooling Towers with screws and nuts so that it'll removable.
The parallelepiped will be 55.5 cm long x 24 cm
This will be the last part of self-built ...... finally.
Then everything will go smooth stuccoed and painted, although you will not see, the intention is to cover it with the plexy, but also to be able to discover.
The blacksmith's dirty work are not yet finished, I still have to open holes in the roof and the bottom
I have to cut the back side (where you attach the VGA and PSU) and move it inside fixing it at the Mobo panel.
I have to create supports for the fans on the lower level and on the two fronts
Then I got the second pack from EVGA
and finally an idea, a dream became reality.
here's my 4 VGAs! I feel as Dominic Toretto when he discovers his '70 Dodge Charger R / T ....
Although as I knew my Lepa 1600W does not have enough outlets to power all of this, I could not resist to install everything to see the effect!
I need another PSU .......
I 'm back to work at the last important exo-structure with the same technique:
2 cm aluminium profiles cut to size, joints and holes at the extremities, wood cores coated with duct tape and drilled corners
and here are the frames mounted
I made the 20 cm spacers, only 2 to be positioned in the upper part.
In fact, in the inferior side the fans must be on the top of case, so I studied a different solution using L profiles attached at the corners with rivets.
I mounted the two types of spacers on the frames and I reinforced with screws
and the structure is ready.
I did some tests on how the fans will stay inside.
Finally, an overview of the structure, are missing the original 900D front and the rear, those will raise the structure of about 3cm.
I worked on the main body of the project, that WAS the 900D.
In particular I worked at the top, the bottom and the fan front block.
Here's how the 900D front looked initially, I removed the fans and their supports, some of that were just screwed others welded (removed later), I finally removed the side flaps down.
I'm then passed to the top of the case designed for 4 120mm fans but where I want to put 4 140mm.
I I put the paper tape on the surface and I placed one of the aluminum support, that I had done to fix the RAD to the cooling towers, secured in place with two clamps.
In particular, you see that side of the space is really accurate and I had to sacrifice 0.5 cm opening because there was no space.
In particular, you can see that in the side doesn't advance space and I had to sacrifice 0.5 cm of the opening because there was no space.
With the template in place I drilled and marked the outline of the shape, I removed and I went to cut it.
Here is the result and the removed parts .
I used the file and here is the final result with 140mm fan in place.
At this point I went to work on the bottom, I disassembled the 3 mounts for the Bay and the PSUs feet.
And here is the 900D bottom, some of the holes fall precise on my holes but it should work ..
I put the paper over the entire surface and positioned the template blocked by two clamps as above.
I drilled and marked the outline of the shape on the paper; I removed it and cut.
Here is the result and the part removed, usually working with two files from the iron.
There remained only one part where I had to intervene, the 120mm fans front supports welded .
Two shots of dremel, usually work of file and here is the front with the support removed.