I have therefore better equipped me, I found two cups 64mm and 60mm, here I make a comparison with the hole in the old piece with the hole of 64 mm
You will not believe but the 64mm cup, which seems perfect, makes a hole too wide, where I haven't margin to fix the hole with the file, also because there are the mounting holes around. Instead of the 60mm cup, who leaves 2 mm on each side to remove the file by hand with give a perfect result!
I have redesigned support putting the filter behind with the attacks upwards, I opted for a square hole to fit the screws holding the glass.
I modified a bit the technique used previously, I drew the design on the panel, made a hole in the center of the circle, used the 60mm cup for the circular opening and the Dremel for that square.
A big file work to remove several mm in both holes, I must admit that I'm re-evaluating much of the file work, you can obtain a considerable accuracy.
For the mounting holes for the filter there are no problems just mark them, for acquatube this time I was much more accurate, I have done a in holes calque with a paper and pencil and then I cut the inner circle corresponds to the size of the glass.
And here is the result, after subtracting 2 cm margin to fold for fixing, the 3.5 cm will allow me to put the 90° connector or make a turn with tube.
One particular thing I want to highlight this project is that I have to make the pieces more times: towers are 2; supports for the Monsta are 4; the supports for the 4 fans are 4; openings for 4 fans in the case are 2 and so on.
Also in this case found the method and made the piece, in reality I must do 4 of its.
I used the first made as a template, I fixed with clamps, marked in pencil, mark the center of the circle, drilled with the drill, and then I used the same technique used previously.
And 3, and 4
But it wasn't so easy, I have therefore accumulated some wrong pieces , but I had the satisfaction of seeing the look without the paper and film.
Edited by The Colonel - 10/21/14 at 11:56pm