Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › [Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure - Page 5

post #41 of 556
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamberGamer View Post

this is mine smile.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



As it stands now, I have to agree with Bruce (and with your sig wink.gif ) that this is pretty much a ghetto-mod as it stands currently.

Any way we can see some "before" photos to understand how much work you've done on that case? Is it a work in progress or is it pretty much staying like this for a while? What do you have in mind for it? I think with some additional work and beautification, it could become an honorary beigemod or a budget mod that we'd be interested in.

EDIT: The more I look at the features of that case, the undersized exhaust fan grill and the 5.25 drive cage, the more convinced I am that the original case meets our criteria. I'd just need some confirmation that you're going to "finish out" the case.
Edited by Jhereg10 - 6/29/14 at 1:42pm
Pitchblende
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-4330 Gigabyte H87-D3H EVGA 690 Kingston Hyper DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH24NS95 DVD Writer Hyper 212 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu 14.04 Windows 7 Corsair CX500M Corsair Carbide 400R 
OtherOther
Thrustmaster TFlight Hota X Logisys 300mm Cold Cathode, White 
  hide details  
Reply
Pitchblende
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-4330 Gigabyte H87-D3H EVGA 690 Kingston Hyper DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH24NS95 DVD Writer Hyper 212 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu 14.04 Windows 7 Corsair CX500M Corsair Carbide 400R 
OtherOther
Thrustmaster TFlight Hota X Logisys 300mm Cold Cathode, White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhereg10 View Post

As it stands now, I have to agree with Bruce (and with your sig wink.gif ) that this is pretty much a ghetto-mod as it stands currently.

Any way we can see some "before" photos to understand how much work you've done on that case? Is it a work in progress or is it pretty much staying like this for a while? What do you have in mind for it? I think with some additional work and beautification, it could become an honorary beigemod or a budget mod that we'd be interested in.

EDIT: The more I look at the features of that case, the undersized exhaust fan grill and the 5.25 drive cage, the more convinced I am that the original case meets our criteria. I'd just need some confirmation that you're going to "finish out" the case.

i dont what i will do in future. with enough time and $$ i will make a beauty in the beast.. smile.gif .. well for now.. its as its..
Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamberGamer View Post

i dont what i will do in future. with enough time and $$ i will make a beauty in the beast.. smile.gif .. well for now.. its as its..
Ok, so we'll call it a work in progress wink.gif
When you're ready to make it awesome-er you can always ask us for advice! thumb.gif
 
20€ LAN PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6 GHz / 5.1GHz Boost asrock 990fx fatal1ty Pro Powercolor R9 280X Turboduo @ 1125 MHz Cosair 4x4GB @ 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY XLR8 120GB Seagate 1TB Fractal Kelvin S36 Windows 10 64bit 
PowerCaseAudio
Sea Sonic XP2 660W Cosair Carbide 300R (modded) Sennheiser HD429 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Acer workstation MB Inno3D 9800GT Green 2x1GB no--name RAM 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
80GB 5400RPM ex-laptop HDD Win XP :) no-name 650W PSU Modded - See thread 
  hide details  
Reply
 
20€ LAN PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6 GHz / 5.1GHz Boost asrock 990fx fatal1ty Pro Powercolor R9 280X Turboduo @ 1125 MHz Cosair 4x4GB @ 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY XLR8 120GB Seagate 1TB Fractal Kelvin S36 Windows 10 64bit 
PowerCaseAudio
Sea Sonic XP2 660W Cosair Carbide 300R (modded) Sennheiser HD429 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Acer workstation MB Inno3D 9800GT Green 2x1GB no--name RAM 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
80GB 5400RPM ex-laptop HDD Win XP :) no-name 650W PSU Modded - See thread 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

Ok, so we'll call it a work in progress wink.gif
When you're ready to make it awesome-er you can always ask us for advice! thumb.gif

i will do just that biggrin.gif thank you..
Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 556
Thread Starter 
I do want to repeat my previous question. Do you perhaps have some earlier photos of the case? How it looked earlier on?
Pitchblende
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-4330 Gigabyte H87-D3H EVGA 690 Kingston Hyper DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH24NS95 DVD Writer Hyper 212 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu 14.04 Windows 7 Corsair CX500M Corsair Carbide 400R 
OtherOther
Thrustmaster TFlight Hota X Logisys 300mm Cold Cathode, White 
  hide details  
Reply
Pitchblende
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-4330 Gigabyte H87-D3H EVGA 690 Kingston Hyper DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH24NS95 DVD Writer Hyper 212 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu 14.04 Windows 7 Corsair CX500M Corsair Carbide 400R 
OtherOther
Thrustmaster TFlight Hota X Logisys 300mm Cold Cathode, White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhereg10 View Post

I do want to repeat my previous question. Do you perhaps have some earlier photos of the case? How it looked earlier on?

here its.. not in perfect condition though. i only take picture after i take out the cover... rolleyes.gif


Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhereg10 View Post

New buttons!

Also could you strip it down a bit more so we can see how it's put together?

As requested...






There's on average 10mm space between the MB tray and side panel. I might have to remove the reinforcement ribs on the panel.


If I'm going to put a window in it I need to take out that metal.


I'm off to the hardware store now to pickup some stuff. Then I'll come back and start a log.
post #48 of 556
I did it, I started!!! wheee.gif

Here is the link!
http://www.overclock.net/t/1499051/case-mod-ancient-evolution
post #49 of 556
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamberGamer View Post

here its.. not in perfect condition though. i only take picture after i take out the cover... rolleyes.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Okay, yeah I see now some of the changes you made:

  • Removed 3.5" drive cage to fit radiator
  • Removed several interior braces
  • Painted interior
  • Moved power and reset to top of case (?)
  • Added water cooling setup to side of 5.25" drive cage.
  • Cut fan hole for PSU at the top
Anything else?

And yes, based on how that case started, and the work you have done so far, I think that's a legit work in progress.

What tools do you have available for modding? If you plan on leaving the reservoir and pump there, you have a couple of options to be able to put the side-panel back on. You could cut a window large enough for those to fit through, or you could make a "bumpout" out of metal or something to cover it.

Welcome to the group!

You should start a mod log, post those pictures in chronological order, describe briefly what you have done so far, and what you plan to do. I'd be very interested in following your progress. redface.gif
Pitchblende
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-4330 Gigabyte H87-D3H EVGA 690 Kingston Hyper DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH24NS95 DVD Writer Hyper 212 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu 14.04 Windows 7 Corsair CX500M Corsair Carbide 400R 
OtherOther
Thrustmaster TFlight Hota X Logisys 300mm Cold Cathode, White 
  hide details  
Reply
Pitchblende
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-4330 Gigabyte H87-D3H EVGA 690 Kingston Hyper DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH24NS95 DVD Writer Hyper 212 
OSOSPowerCase
Ubuntu 14.04 Windows 7 Corsair CX500M Corsair Carbide 400R 
OtherOther
Thrustmaster TFlight Hota X Logisys 300mm Cold Cathode, White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhereg10 View Post

Okay, yeah I see now some of the changes you made:

  • Removed 3.5" drive cage to fit radiator
  • Removed several interior braces
  • Painted interior
  • Moved power and reset to top of case (?)
  • Added water cooling setup to side of 5.25" drive cage.
  • Cut fan hole for PSU at the top
Anything else?

And yes, based on how that case started, and the work you have done so far, I think that's a legit work in progress.

What tools do you have available for modding? If you plan on leaving the reservoir and pump there, you have a couple of options to be able to put the side-panel back on. You could cut a window large enough for those to fit through, or you could make a "bumpout" out of metal or something to cover it.

Welcome to the group!

You should start a mod log, post those pictures in chronological order, describe briefly what you have done so far, and what you plan to do. I'd be very interested in following your progress. redface.gif

thank you..1 more will be custom power and reset switch at the top of the casing. i like the hardcore look. haha. yeah i will do that. maybe i will find new fresh case and do 1 more like this and i will plan better and more organize thumb.gif

i have grinder and drill.. for my work.
Edited by SlamberGamer - 6/30/14 at 7:06am
Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghetto Style
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 OCED to 4.6Mhz ASrock 990fx Extreme3 Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB Hyper X Evo 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston SSD Custom CPU water cooling Loop Window 8.1 Thermaltake 650w 80s Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Old Moddified Case Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Custom Switch For On and Reset Power 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › [Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure