Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › HOWTO: nVidia BIOS Flashing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOWTO: nVidia BIOS Flashing - Page 8

post #71 of 507
Maybe take a shot with my 7950gt.You think i can oc higher?With a new or different bios like the ones for the ko?I have my 7950 gt volt mod rigth now.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 SLA,G0,@3.7 P5N32 SLi/680iSB=Jing ting/nb=spirit II[1203]bios] MSI 470 GTX[order on his way] 4 gig ocz Reapers pc 8500 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2 WD 250gig 16mb/raid 0\1 WD640 AALS 32MB win xp pro sp3/Windows 7 Beta LCD,22"=Samsung 2MS,226BW,52"samsung LN5A550 Thermaltake xaser 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
oczgamexstream700 wtt x blade/modded Razor deathadder thermaltake gamer pad/led 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 SLA,G0,@3.7 P5N32 SLi/680iSB=Jing ting/nb=spirit II[1203]bios] MSI 470 GTX[order on his way] 4 gig ocz Reapers pc 8500 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2 WD 250gig 16mb/raid 0\1 WD640 AALS 32MB win xp pro sp3/Windows 7 Beta LCD,22"=Samsung 2MS,226BW,52"samsung LN5A550 Thermaltake xaser 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
oczgamexstream700 wtt x blade/modded Razor deathadder thermaltake gamer pad/led 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 507
A different BIOS might help you get your RAM higher, but not the GPU. You can loosen the timings on the RAM, allowing for a higher OC, it is risky though.
post #73 of 507
I just built a system for a friend with an evga 8800gts 320mb...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130082
When I overclocked my own video card (x800 GTO2), I used windows software and it sets the core and memory speeds when ati tray tools launches on startup. For his machine I would rather flash the bios to set the speeds. I understand I am to get the bios from mvktech.net, but how am I to know what the new bios is changing and what the new speeds will be. They are not posted on the site with the bios. Also, there are 4 bios for 8800gts 320mb - two revisions each of cards with and without SC. How do I know if the card is SC (what is this anyway?) and which revision it is?

Perhaps the creator of this thread can edit the original post and insert more information for beginners. Or perhaps there is another thread that I don't know about that is a more comprehensive guide to video card overclocking and bios flashing.
Jan 2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 E0 MSI P45 Platinum X800 GTO2 (temp) 8GB G.SKILL DDR2 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 Lite-On DVD+/-RW SATA, LiteScribe Windows 7 Professional HP LP2065 20" IPS 
Power
Corsair 750W, 60A +12V Rail 
  hide details  
Reply
Jan 2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 E0 MSI P45 Platinum X800 GTO2 (temp) 8GB G.SKILL DDR2 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 Lite-On DVD+/-RW SATA, LiteScribe Windows 7 Professional HP LP2065 20" IPS 
Power
Corsair 750W, 60A +12V Rail 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 507
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsmith82 View Post
I just built a system for a friend with an evga 8800gts 320mb...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130082
When I overclocked my own video card (x800 GTO2), I used windows software and it sets the core and memory speeds when ati tray tools launches on startup. For his machine I would rather flash the bios to set the speeds. I understand I am to get the bios from mvktech.net, but how am I to know what the new bios is changing and what the new speeds will be. They are not posted on the site with the bios. Also, there are 4 bios for 8800gts 320mb - two revisions each of cards with and without SC. How do I know if the card is SC (what is this anyway?) and which revision it is?

Perhaps the creator of this thread can edit the original post and insert more information for beginners. Or perhaps there is another thread that I don't know about that is a more comprehensive guide to video card overclocking and bios flashing.
Editing the original post? It's pretty strait foward I think its pretty simple for beginers to understand,
Newest revision is what you want, If you want to know the SC (SuperClocked) settings vs stock settings goto EVGA or where ever the card was made and they will have it posted somewhere.

As for editing the BIOS with NiBiTor I'm not getting into that your on your own there.

USFORCES
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 507
i have a gigabyte geforce 7100gs (samething as 6200le almost) and there is no bios for it there. under any brand even under the gigabyte
post #76 of 507
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post
i have a gigabyte geforce 7100gs (samething as 6200le almost) and there is no bios for it there. under any brand even under the gigabyte
If they don't have it there good luck finding it, you can make requests at there site for a certain bios.
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
If they don't have it there good luck finding it, you can make requests at there site for a certain bios.
i went on msi's site and it says they have bios for that model but it doesnt tell you how to get them
post #78 of 507
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post
i went on msi's site and it says they have bios for that model but it doesnt tell you how to get them
Sometimes the manufacturer will email them I've got a couple from BFG that way.
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
Editing the original post? It's pretty strait foward I think its pretty simple for beginers to understand,
Newest revision is what you want, If you want to know the SC (SuperClocked) settings vs stock settings goto EVGA or where ever the card was made and they will have it posted somewhere.

As for editing the BIOS with NiBiTor I'm not getting into that your on your own there.

USFORCES
so basically what you're saying is that these are not customized bios files but official bios from evga and other manufacturers, and that I can download the newest superclocked bios for my non-sc 8800gts and have the same speeds? Do you suggest that I use a windows tool to find the card's max stable overclock first?
Jan 2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 E0 MSI P45 Platinum X800 GTO2 (temp) 8GB G.SKILL DDR2 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 Lite-On DVD+/-RW SATA, LiteScribe Windows 7 Professional HP LP2065 20" IPS 
Power
Corsair 750W, 60A +12V Rail 
  hide details  
Reply
Jan 2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 E0 MSI P45 Platinum X800 GTO2 (temp) 8GB G.SKILL DDR2 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 Lite-On DVD+/-RW SATA, LiteScribe Windows 7 Professional HP LP2065 20" IPS 
Power
Corsair 750W, 60A +12V Rail 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 507
I would not try the SC BIOS, unless you are able to find a SC card of the same model# and rev.# as your. This should be a closer match to your actual card and the chances of the flash being successful are a lot better.

Its not that hard to edit your own cards BIOS with NiBitor, the program is very user friendly, and will even check the 'edited' BIOS for checksum errors.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › HOWTO: nVidia BIOS Flashing