Welcome to OCN's Mod of the Month competition! This contest is open to all the members of Overclock.net; If you have a computer and you have taken time to make it awesome then you could win! Whether you are a pro case modder or a first time builder with a fresh idea, this contest is for you! For past contests and winners, or to make a suggestion for future contests, click here. Any posts flaming participants or bashing this competition will be reported and deleted. If you have comments about the competition, please see prior sentence about the other thread. Please keep it friendly, this is a place to see showcased builds by members here on the forums. So learn something, leave your comments in their build logs. This is a place for like-minded forum members to get together and see what this community has to offer.
This month is for the Professional class of Modders and will be followed by the Sponsored class next month. The Professional class is for experienced modders, previous MOTM winners and skilled craftsman. You cannot compete in this class if your build is in any way sponsored. The winner will take home a $250 dollar prize!
Rules & Schedule (Click to show)
- Competitors each month are selected by nomination
- A member may nominate their own work at any time during the nomination period.
- If a member wishes to decline a nomination they may and it will not prevent them from entering again in the future
- If there are fewer than four nominations in any given month, those nominations will be rolled over to the next month's contest
- A nomination post should contain the name of the project, the name of the member, and a link to the thread. Please do not post pictures of the mods in the nomination phase.
- Any build log is eligible so long as it meets the following criteria:
- It is posted by an Oveclock.net member
- If there is question over who the credit for a build should go to, the build should not be considered eligible for nomination
- In the event multiple members have worked on a project, the project should only be considered eligible if one of the members was clearly the primary contributor of both inspiration and work (this rule will be enforced by the honor of the members involved unless contested, in which case a staff member will consider the issue and post a decision)
- It is not posted on any other forums. If the project is posted on another forum, the log must link back to the OCN thread.
- Sponsored projects can only compete in the the sponsored class.
- The mod is either in progress or recently completed
- If the mod is in progress, it must be substantially on its way to completion; meaning that voters must be able to gain a solid impression of the quality and aesthetic of the final product from the current state of the project
- There has been a new update to the build log within 3 months of the opening of nominations
- The build has not been entered in more than one previous MOTM
- The winner will be selected by popular vote
- The eligible nominations will be put into a poll for other members to vote on
- It is up to each voter to determine what criteria they feel the nominees should be judged by, so long as they feel the one they select is the best.
- You must be a member of the site before the start of voting to vote. Any votes by members who joined after the start of voting will be removed from the poll.
- The prizes include:
- $150 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner for the Amateur Class
- $250 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner for the Professional Class
- $250 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner for the Sponsored Class
- A Mod of the Month badge for first place that links to the winning build log below each of the winner's posts
- Having the winning build log featured on the carousel on the site's home page for one month
- Nominations open on the first day of the month
- Nominations close on the 22nd of each month
- Three days are allotted to compile the list of nominations and verify their eligibility. Nominees must respond to my PM within this time or they automatically decline nomination for that month.
- Poll is posted on the 25th of each month with a duration of 7 days
- Classes will rotate on a monthly basis. Amateur, Professional and Sponsored.
- Winners of previous MOTM contests are only eligible the Professional or Sponsored class.
akira749 - Hurrikaine (Click to show)
The color scheme is very neutral. White case, black motherboard, white and dark gray sleeving with a touch of purple sleeving.
All 4 radiators are custom painted white.
Alasmodified - Steam Machine evil twin (Click to show)
fakeblood - NickelbLack (Click to show)
Mods include :
480 Rad up top
black gloss midplate and mobo tray
custom length cables and sleeving
Removal of the drive bays
Nickel and Black theme
TheDarkLord100 - The Blue Centaur (Click to show)
kingchris - Monsta Ghost! (Click to show)
DavidNSY - Project DD01 (Click to show)
Jolly Roger - DEFCON-3: AN EPIC MILITARY MOD (Click to show)
QAKE - GAMMA (Click to show)
The color theme of this build was based on glossy red and mate black.
A lot of attention was given to the hardware colors, to always match the color theme.
Edited by el gappo - 8/6/14 at 12:49am