Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970 - Page 17

post #161 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by JambonJovi View Post

That bit from 7:22 to 8:05 was hilarious lachen.gif

Cheers for that. Seriously considering buying the CPU when I can.
Was looking at getting a GTX 760 for a while now anyway and
seeing how it performs together seems decent enough for me
and the little of a budget I have right now.
BF BC2 and BF3 would be the games I'd play most so it's a no-brainer.

thumb.gif

Doesn't BF run better on AMD cards?
One and only
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 MSI z97 Mate Asus 280x dc2t (coming soon) 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 120GB, Western Digital 1TB 212 EVO Windows 8.1 EVGA 500W bronze 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
One and only
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 MSI z97 Mate Asus 280x dc2t (coming soon) 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 120GB, Western Digital 1TB 212 EVO Windows 8.1 EVGA 500W bronze 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #162 of 4581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JambonJovi View Post

That bit from 7:22 to 8:05 was hilarious lachen.gif

Cheers for that. Seriously considering buying the CPU when I can.
Was looking at getting a GTX 760 for a while now anyway and
seeing how it performs together seems decent enough for me
and the little of a budget I have right now.
BF BC2 and BF3 would be the games I'd play most so it's a no-brainer.

thumb.gif

7:56 - 8:06, that guy was like "What happened?" and ran back in lachen.gif
That was a ridiculous moment, I was reloading two guns, first weapon I was reloading and then switched because he ran right by me, would of been an easy kill right there, the second gun I was like wheee.gif I've gotta reload this too?, and he ran clean past me and back in. lachen.gif that happened the second time in under a minute. lachen.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamin9_t00l View Post

Here's 4.4 with ram @ 2600



I guess the ram does play it's part with this bench.

Oh cool, that's interesting, thanks for that. thumb.gif
post #163 of 4581
This is 4.4GHz with ram @ 1333MHz (9-9-9-24)

 
ROG Fortress
(12 items)
 
ROG Node
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon W3680 @ 4.60GHz (200x23 / 1.44v) Asus SABERTOOTH X58 HIS R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate Sapphire R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
24GB Sniper/Vengeance 1600MHz (9-9-9-24, 2T) 1.60v 120GB SSD + 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Pioneer 218L EK Supreme HF Plexi 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NeXXoS UT60 480mm Rad Alphacool NeXXoS ST30 480mm Rad EK CoolStream RAD XTX 240 Mayhems Pastel Ice White 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
12x Gentle Typhoons / 2x Apache Blacks Windows 10 Home x64 27" Dell U2711 (2560x1440) Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W Corsair Obsidian 900D Corsair Vengeance M60 Logitech Z4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 32GB GSkill TridentX 2666MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB/480GB/128GB SSD's / 2TB HDD LiteOn iHAS122B Corsair H80i GT / 2x GT 1450rpm Win 10 Home x64 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
DELL U2711 (2560x1440) Superflower 1300W Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W / Red Interior SupremeFX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz ASUS Maximus VII Impact EVGA GTX 1070 FE 16GB HyperX Fury (Red) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD MSI Dragon AIO Win 10 Home x64 Dell U2711 
PowerCase
Corsair CS650M Fractal Node 304 (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
 
ROG Fortress
(12 items)
 
ROG Node
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon W3680 @ 4.60GHz (200x23 / 1.44v) Asus SABERTOOTH X58 HIS R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate Sapphire R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
24GB Sniper/Vengeance 1600MHz (9-9-9-24, 2T) 1.60v 120GB SSD + 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Pioneer 218L EK Supreme HF Plexi 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NeXXoS UT60 480mm Rad Alphacool NeXXoS ST30 480mm Rad EK CoolStream RAD XTX 240 Mayhems Pastel Ice White 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
12x Gentle Typhoons / 2x Apache Blacks Windows 10 Home x64 27" Dell U2711 (2560x1440) Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W Corsair Obsidian 900D Corsair Vengeance M60 Logitech Z4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 32GB GSkill TridentX 2666MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB/480GB/128GB SSD's / 2TB HDD LiteOn iHAS122B Corsair H80i GT / 2x GT 1450rpm Win 10 Home x64 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
DELL U2711 (2560x1440) Superflower 1300W Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W / Red Interior SupremeFX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz ASUS Maximus VII Impact EVGA GTX 1070 FE 16GB HyperX Fury (Red) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD MSI Dragon AIO Win 10 Home x64 Dell U2711 
PowerCase
Corsair CS650M Fractal Node 304 (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by JambonJovi View Post

That bit from 7:22 to 8:05 was hilarious lachen.gif

Cheers for that. Seriously considering buying the CPU when I can.
Was looking at getting a GTX 760 for a while now anyway and
seeing how it performs together seems decent enough for me
and the little of a budget I have right now.
BF BC2 and BF3 would be the games I'd play most so it's a no-brainer.

thumb.gif

I'd look at a used, cheap i5. I got mine for 70, and the board was 60. Would work better in those games. Single thread performance won't be as good(but still good enough since it's Sandy Bridge) and you'd get more consistent performance in newer games, especially Battlefield.
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post

Doesn't BF run better on AMD cards?

BF4 probably does due to Mantle, but the others ? Wouldn't think so.
FinkPad
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2370M @ 2.4GHz Lenovo Intel HD Graphics 3000 Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit LCD 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
FinkPad
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 2370M @ 2.4GHz Lenovo Intel HD Graphics 3000 Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit LCD 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
post #166 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post

Doesn't BF run better on AMD cards?

depends - gpu bottleneck is R9 270 very fast
CPU bottleneck DX11 - Amd lose by a lot

check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEZIkRyRmfs

i was thinking to get pentium G3258 + GTX 750Ti for my friend... but i dont know how good will be against FX 6300 in newer games, while he play LoL,.... but he also wants to try watchdogs,GTA V, Dragon Age ...
Edited by Themisseble - 7/11/14 at 8:38am
post #167 of 4581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamin9_t00l View Post

This is 4.4GHz with ram @ 1333MHz (9-9-9-24)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Themisseble View Post

depends - gpu bottleneck is R9 270 very fast
CPU bottleneck DX11 - Amd lose by a lot

check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEZIkRyRmfs

i was thinking to get pentium G3258 + GTX 750Ti for my friend... but i dont know how good will be against FX 6300 in newer games, while he play LoL,.... but he also wants to try watchdogs,GTA V, Dragon Age ...

Watch Dogs? not going to happen, it seems it relies heavily on multi-threading.
What Dragon Age? and we don't know GTA V will perform.

The G3258 will perform really well in most games against most AMD CPUs since it's multi-threaded performance has the capability to contest or even beat stock or not so high clocked quad cores like the Phenom II and FX series, it's single-threaded is some of the best you can get since It's Haswell, this is seen from how it's beating my Phenom II in most games and in other benchmarks from review sites where it's giving those CPUs a beatdown, it could also be possible those CPUs aren't being used to their fullest potential, when I ran Watch Dogs and disabled one of my cores on my X4 B55 there was little to no performance loss, which makes me wonder what it was loading the fourth core with.

This isn't the most future-proof CPU and we currently don't know how well newer games will perform on on this or AMD CPUs even though the next generation consoles have 8 cores(6 usable by games and developers), I think in most cases where the 6320 and 8320 aren't used to to their fullest potential (only 3-4 cores used) which is in quite a lot of current games this CPU will likely pull ahead in most cases because of it's single-threaded performance.
And when considering the G3258 you've got to know what you're going to use it for.

For future-proofing purposes, I'd say go for the FX 6300, although that chip may be sitting on a seemingly dead platform with the only viable and decent upgrade path of an 8320, period.

For a possible placebo or a quick get by which will perform well in a lot of current games and may perform a little poor in games which rely heavily on multi-threading and multi-cores but also has a brilliant upgrade path of many CPUs, the G3258 will likely be an attractive option, you can upgrade to an i3(although it may not be worth it much), and an i5 or i7, locked or K chips.

In gaming AMD's been pretty much been playing catchup with Intel ever since Sandybridge hit, and hit hard, so hard that some people don't even feel the need to upgrade from their 2500K or 2600K. Imo going Intel is worthwhile, because once you've got a I5 K chip of sandy to haswell you're pretty much set CPU-wise in gaming these days unless you're throwing boatloads of GPU power into your rig.
Edited by TopicClocker - 7/11/14 at 9:07am
post #168 of 4581
Thanks for this thread TopicClocker ! thumb.gif
post #169 of 4581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivon View Post

Thanks for this thread TopicClocker ! thumb.gif

No problem, thanks. thumb.gifbiggrin.gif
post #170 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post


Watch Dogs? not going to happen, it seems it relies heavily on multi-threading.
What Dragon Age? and we don't know GTA V will perform.

The G3258 will perform really well in most games against most AMD CPUs since it's multi-threaded performance has the capability to contest or even beat stock or not so high clocked quad cores like the Phenom II and FX series, it's single-threaded is some of the best you can get since It's Haswell, this is seen from how it's beating my Phenom II in most games and in other benchmarks from review sites where it's giving those CPUs a beatdown, it could also be possible those CPUs aren't being used to their fullest potential, when I ran Watch Dogs and disabled one of my cores on my X4 B55 there was little to no performance loss, which makes me wonder what it was loading the fourth core with.

This isn't the most future-proof CPU and we currently don't know how well newer games will perform on on this or AMD CPUs even though the next generation consoles have 8 cores(6 usable by games and developers), I think in most cases where the 6320 and 8320 aren't used to to their fullest potential (only 3-4 cores used) which is in quite a lot of current games this CPU will likely pull ahead in most cases because of it's single-threaded performance.
And when considering the G3258 you've got to know what you're going to use it for.

For future-proofing purposes, I'd say go for the FX 6300, although that chip may be sitting on a seemingly dead platform with the only viable and decent upgrade path of an 8320, period.

For a possible placebo or a quick get by which will perform well in a lot of current games and may perform a little poor in games which rely heavily on multi-threading and multi-cores but also has a brilliant upgrade path of many CPUs, the G3258 will likely be an attractive option, you can upgrade to an i3(although it may not be worth it much), and an i5 or i7, locked or K chips.

In gaming AMD's been pretty much been playing catchup with Intel ever since Sandybridge hit, and hit hard, so hard that some people don't even feel the need to upgrade from their 2500K or 2600K. Imo going Intel is worthwhile, because once you've got a I5 K chip of sandy to haswell you're pretty much set CPU-wise in gaming these days unless you're throwing boatloads of GPU power into your rig.

About Multithreading .. i dont think that pentium G3258 5.0Ghz can beat FX 4300 4.0Ghz. I will do with dual piledriver core same test as you did with pentium g3258 in BF3... The problem is that AMD DX11 optimization and AMD dont have something like shadowplay. I was also watching some performance in WoT and FX 8320 is not that bad against i7 3820K clock per clock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHcr9r5cMbY
WoT is single threaded game.
Or Arma 3 (he will also play)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9pHd_--7iI

I gave you a link so you could see whats happen when you OC dual core CPU. You can compare E8500 vs Q9550 .. same thing goes between pentium G3258 and i5 4670K.
Edited by Themisseble - 7/11/14 at 9:48am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970