Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970 - Page 43

post #421 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaeagleray View Post

I'm stable at 4.4 with 1.310 Vcore and everything else on auto on an MSI Z97 PC Mate. Can anyone point me to good guide to Haswell voltage settings?

BF4: unfortunately, this chip cannot play 64 player BF4 on ultra smoothly. It runs well on high though.

Works fine for me on custom ultra
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #422 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

By "smoothly" do you mean a consistent 60fps?

This thread is very good and informative: http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

Thanks.

No, I'm not one of those people that demands +60fps. I'm just seeing noticeable slowdowns that are severe enough to affect gameplay (otherwise I'm getting 45-70 fps). I believe they happen when there is environment destruction, but I'm not totally sure.

I'd be happy to post some logs if anyone wants.
post #423 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

Works fine for me on custom ultra
]

Awesome, what settings? I've only tried Ultra preset.
post #424 of 4581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

Works fine for me on custom ultra

Stop teasing me with gameplay, I've been fighting the installer for the past hour, can't wait to see how it runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaeagleray View Post

Thanks.

No, I'm not one of those people that demands +60fps. I'm just seeing noticeable slowdowns that are severe enough to affect gameplay (otherwise I'm getting 45-70 fps). I believe they happen when there is environment destruction, but I'm not totally sure.

I'd be happy to post some logs if anyone wants.

Oh okay and no problem.
post #425 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaeagleray View Post

Awesome, what settings? I've only tried Ultra preset.

Custom Ultra. Just disabled MSAA
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #426 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzone75 View Post

Very cool. Noticed that RealVision ENB is a no-go with this chip. The FPS stayed below 15 FPS. I'm wondering if the ENB is enjoying more cores for some reason. Must do some monitoring later. I thought an ENB would put more load on the GPU and not so much on the CPU..
With what GPU are you pairing it with and what mods?
My R9 290 pegged at 100% usage gives me 30FPS with all the mods I installed, it might not be the CPU bottlenecking but yes the VRAM or GPU Grunt.
post #427 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaeagleray View Post

I'm stable at 4.4 with 1.310 Vcore and everything else on auto on an MSI Z97 PC Mate. Can anyone point me to good guide to Haswell voltage settings?

BF4: unfortunately, this chip cannot play 64 player BF4 on ultra smoothly. It runs well on high though.

If you are on gigabyte, the best guide ever is

http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide/0_100

and

http://www.overclock.net/t/1490835/the-gigabyte-z97x-overclocking-guide/0_100
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #428 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoutohunter View Post


I'm using the latest beta BIOS. If I don't use the beta BIOS, I can't OC at all.

CPU Vrin, 1.89
Cpu Vcore, 1.33

Cpu Ring Voltage, 1.225

Cpu Clock ratio 46x

Cpu Pll Selection, llc

Filter pll level, enable

Uncore ratio 40x

intel turbo boost, (enhanced, or enable, which ever one turbos all cores)

Cpu enhanced c1e, Disable
C3, Disable
C6/C7, Disable

Cpu Eist Function, Enable


Ok Now put these settings in, and report to us, your voltage behavior..

What is the RANGE of V max and minimum during INTEL Burn TEST

What is the RANGE druing Prime 95 small FTT

Find those numbers.. and report back..

make sure you're reading Vcore and not VID.. use hardware monitor look for vcore..

if your vcore looks frozen in hardware monitor, that means it's not reading the vcore, look for another voltage in the list, that is making a large change up and down when you turn Intel burn test, ON and OFF, that one is your vcore..
post #429 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

CPU Vrin, 1.89
Cpu Vcore, 1.33

Cpu Ring Voltage, 1.225

Cpu Clock ratio 46x

Cpu Pll Selection, llc

Filter pll level, enable

Uncore ratio 40x

intel turbo boost, (enhanced, or enable, which ever one turbos all cores)

Cpu enhanced c1e, Disable
C3, Disable
C6/C7, Disable

Cpu Eist Function, Enable


Ok Now put these settings in, and report to us, your voltage behavior..

What is the RANGE of V max and minimum during INTEL Burn TEST

What is the RANGE druing Prime 95 small FTT

Find those numbers.. and report back..

make sure you're reading Vcore and not VID.. use hardware monitor look for vcore..

if your vcore looks frozen in hardware monitor, that means it's not reading the vcore, look for another voltage in the list, that is making a large change up and down when you turn Intel burn test, ON and OFF, that one is your vcore..
Won't let me raise Vcore or Ring voltage any higher. 1.2 and 1.149v is the limit cause it doesn't consider the g3258 as a k processor.
post #430 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoutohunter View Post

Won't let me raise Vcore or Ring voltage any higher. 1.2 and 1.149v is the limit cause it doesn't consider the g3258 as a k processor.

hmm......... turn off k(oc).. see if that unlocks it.

ALSO, try setting the vcore back to Auto, then see if that allows you to use the offset function, if it does, put in + .15 or +.1
Edited by tp4tissue - 7/19/14 at 9:44am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970