Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970 - Page 53

post #521 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Wow congrats man!
thumb.gif

I hope you enjoy your build!
That's a lower voltage than I use for mine currently! thumb.gif

Cheers mate cheers.gif

Yeah, i really cant understand why every easytune overclock i applied was unstable straight away, i either had blue screen or would try to boot windows then freeze before it got there........As i said i really have no idea at all when it comes to overclocking and i'm petrified of screwing something up! rolleyes.gif

I was reading various reviews to try and get some idea as i could seem to find a G3258 specific overclocking guide - i used the multiplier and vcore settings from hexus's review of the chip to get what it's running at now but haven't touched anything else. It's seems fine whizzing around windows and browsing the net but i haven't tried anything more intensive yet but as i said it's early days - i still have to make a final descision on a graphics card before i really start getting into it - i'm just so happy that i've finally got a modern PC! smile.gif

Thanks to you again for all the effort you've put into the G3258 with gaming and emulator benchmarks, as i've said before your initial posts on the chip helped influence me to get one. thumb.gif
post #522 of 4581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecore2kid View Post

Cheers mate cheers.gif

Yeah, i really cant understand why every easytune overclock i applied was unstable straight away, i either had blue screen or would try to boot windows then freeze before it got there........As i said i really have no idea at all when it comes to overclocking and i'm petrified of screwing something up! rolleyes.gif

I was reading various reviews to try and get some idea as i could seem to find a G3258 specific overclocking guide - i used the multiplier and vcore settings from hexus's review of the chip to get what it's running at now but haven't touched anything else. It's seems fine whizzing around windows and browsing the net but i haven't tried anything more intensive yet but as i said it's early days - i still have to make a final descision on a graphics card before i really start getting into it - i'm just so happy that i've finally got a modern PC! smile.gif

Thanks to you again for all the effort you've put into the G3258 with gaming and emulator benchmarks, as i've said before your initial posts on the chip helped influence me to get one. thumb.gif

Thanks, and no problem, I hope you enjoy it biggrin.gif
post #523 of 4581
can someone post CPU passmark scores of the G3258 at 4.3 GHZ or higher?
Personal Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 XFX R9 290 2x4 GB DDR3 1333MHz Patriot 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120 GB OCZ Arc SSD 500GB Seagate 5400 RPM LG DVD/RW Xigmatek XAF LED 120mm Fan 75.3 CFM - 1500 RPM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Coolermaster Silent LED 120mm Fan 17.1 CFM 2x Zalman Silent LED 120mm Fan 15 CFM (stock) 2x Zalman Stock 80mm Fan.  Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
23 Inch Dell IPS 75 hertz 1080p Antec HCG 620 Watt (non modular) Zalman Z11 Plus Razer Naga Molten Edition 
Audio
Sound Card 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Personal Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 XFX R9 290 2x4 GB DDR3 1333MHz Patriot 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120 GB OCZ Arc SSD 500GB Seagate 5400 RPM LG DVD/RW Xigmatek XAF LED 120mm Fan 75.3 CFM - 1500 RPM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Coolermaster Silent LED 120mm Fan 17.1 CFM 2x Zalman Silent LED 120mm Fan 15 CFM (stock) 2x Zalman Stock 80mm Fan.  Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
23 Inch Dell IPS 75 hertz 1080p Antec HCG 620 Watt (non modular) Zalman Z11 Plus Razer Naga Molten Edition 
Audio
Sound Card 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #524 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet Swag View Post

can someone post CPU passmark scores of the G3258 at 4.3 GHZ or higher?

Mine got a 4,830 CPU Mark at 4.4Ghz.
post #525 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetech View Post

Mine got a 4,830 CPU Mark at 4.4Ghz.

Thanks!
Personal Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 XFX R9 290 2x4 GB DDR3 1333MHz Patriot 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120 GB OCZ Arc SSD 500GB Seagate 5400 RPM LG DVD/RW Xigmatek XAF LED 120mm Fan 75.3 CFM - 1500 RPM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Coolermaster Silent LED 120mm Fan 17.1 CFM 2x Zalman Silent LED 120mm Fan 15 CFM (stock) 2x Zalman Stock 80mm Fan.  Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
23 Inch Dell IPS 75 hertz 1080p Antec HCG 620 Watt (non modular) Zalman Z11 Plus Razer Naga Molten Edition 
Audio
Sound Card 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Personal Computer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 XFX R9 290 2x4 GB DDR3 1333MHz Patriot 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120 GB OCZ Arc SSD 500GB Seagate 5400 RPM LG DVD/RW Xigmatek XAF LED 120mm Fan 75.3 CFM - 1500 RPM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Coolermaster Silent LED 120mm Fan 17.1 CFM 2x Zalman Silent LED 120mm Fan 15 CFM (stock) 2x Zalman Stock 80mm Fan.  Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
23 Inch Dell IPS 75 hertz 1080p Antec HCG 620 Watt (non modular) Zalman Z11 Plus Razer Naga Molten Edition 
Audio
Sound Card 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #526 of 4581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetech View Post

Mine got a 4,830 CPU Mark at 4.4Ghz.

Welcome!

Sweet score, I think I got 4717 the last time I ran it, I suspect it's my memory clocks that are doing it. biggrin.gif
post #527 of 4581
@tp4issue

Sorry for late reply, I have been running my ram @ 2400MHz with tighter timings for about a week now as 2600MHz was considerably slower. I didn't take a screenshot for 2600 but the read speed was 22000mb/s and latency was 49/50ns (I'm on trial of AIDA so no write/copy results).

With ram @ 2400 it jumped up to 32000mb/s with latency of 45/46ns

2400MHz


I have ran another geekbench test to see the results @ 2400 and I managed to crack 7000 on the multi-threaded test.biggrin.gif



My other results for geekbench @ ram speeds of 2600MHz and 1333MHz can be found @ post# 156,160 & 163 of this thread if you're interested.

I think I read a few cases of 2600 being considerably slower than 2400 on Z97 platform (I don't know if that's the case on other platforms tho thinking.gif).

I've just ordered my second Pentium G3258 to see if I can get a little more performance from a different chip, at lest same performance but with a lot less voltage.biggrin.gif Got it for a fair bit less than my first... couldn't resist biggrin.giftongue.gif
Edited by flamin9_t00l - 7/24/14 at 4:32am
 
ROG Fortress
(12 items)
 
ROG Node
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon W3680 @ 4.60GHz (200x23 / 1.44v) Asus SABERTOOTH X58 HIS R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate Sapphire R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
24GB Sniper/Vengeance 1600MHz (9-9-9-24, 2T) 1.60v 120GB SSD + 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Pioneer 218L EK Supreme HF Plexi 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NeXXoS UT60 480mm Rad Alphacool NeXXoS ST30 480mm Rad EK CoolStream RAD XTX 240 Mayhems Pastel Ice White 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
12x Gentle Typhoons / 2x Apache Blacks Windows 10 Home x64 27" Dell U2711 (2560x1440) Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W Corsair Obsidian 900D Corsair Vengeance M60 Logitech Z4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 32GB GSkill TridentX 2666MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB/480GB/128GB SSD's / 2TB HDD LiteOn iHAS122B Corsair H80i GT / 2x GT 1450rpm Win 10 Home x64 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
DELL U2711 (2560x1440) Superflower 1300W Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W / Red Interior SupremeFX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz ASUS Maximus VII Impact EVGA GTX 1070 FE 16GB HyperX Fury (Red) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD MSI Dragon AIO Win 10 Home x64 Dell U2711 
PowerCase
Corsair CS650M Fractal Node 304 (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
 
ROG Fortress
(12 items)
 
ROG Node
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon W3680 @ 4.60GHz (200x23 / 1.44v) Asus SABERTOOTH X58 HIS R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate Sapphire R9 290 / EK Waterblock + Backplate 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
24GB Sniper/Vengeance 1600MHz (9-9-9-24, 2T) 1.60v 120GB SSD + 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Pioneer 218L EK Supreme HF Plexi 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NeXXoS UT60 480mm Rad Alphacool NeXXoS ST30 480mm Rad EK CoolStream RAD XTX 240 Mayhems Pastel Ice White 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
12x Gentle Typhoons / 2x Apache Blacks Windows 10 Home x64 27" Dell U2711 (2560x1440) Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W Corsair Obsidian 900D Corsair Vengeance M60 Logitech Z4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 32GB GSkill TridentX 2666MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB/480GB/128GB SSD's / 2TB HDD LiteOn iHAS122B Corsair H80i GT / 2x GT 1450rpm Win 10 Home x64 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
DELL U2711 (2560x1440) Superflower 1300W Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W / Red Interior SupremeFX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz ASUS Maximus VII Impact EVGA GTX 1070 FE 16GB HyperX Fury (Red) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD MSI Dragon AIO Win 10 Home x64 Dell U2711 
PowerCase
Corsair CS650M Fractal Node 304 (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #528 of 4581
I was wondering is someone could give me the a list of the cheapest boards that you can use with the g3258?

please only itx and matx sizes that can overclock!

Im not too sure which boards can overclock this chip the best (excluding the Z chipsets) and Im wondering what the lowest cost of a used Pentium and mobo would be!
Budget Rig V2
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 P6T DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 G.skill Sniper 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.skill Sniper Hitachi Raijintek Themis Windows 7 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 750M Corsair C70 Dell Mouse Samson SR950 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
G.Skill sniper G. Western Digital WD Green Asetek 510lc w/rosewill hypoborea push/pull 
OSMonitorCaseAudio
Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 144ox900 @75hz Corsair C70 Arctic White topping tp 12 amp 
  hide details  
Reply
Budget Rig V2
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 P6T DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 G.skill Sniper 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.skill Sniper Hitachi Raijintek Themis Windows 7 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 750M Corsair C70 Dell Mouse Samson SR950 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8120 M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
G.Skill sniper G. Western Digital WD Green Asetek 510lc w/rosewill hypoborea push/pull 
OSMonitorCaseAudio
Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 144ox900 @75hz Corsair C70 Arctic White topping tp 12 amp 
  hide details  
Reply
post #529 of 4581
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamin9_t00l View Post

@tp4issue

Sorry for late reply, I have been running my ram @ 2400MHz with tighter timings for about a week now as 2600MHz was considerably slower. I didn't take a screenshot for 2600 but the read speed was 22000mb/s and latency was 49/50ns (I'm on trial of AIDA so no write/copy results).

With ram @ 2400 it jumped up to 32000mb/s with latency of 45/46ns

2400MHz


I have ran another geekbench test to see the results @ 2400 and I managed to crack 7000 on the multi-threaded test.biggrin.gif



My other results for geekbench @ ram speeds of 2600MHz and 1333MHz can be found @ post# 156,160 & 163 of this thread if you're interested.

I think I read a few cases of 2600 being considerably slower than 2400 on Z97 platform (I don't know if that's the case on other platforms tho thinking.gif).

I've just ordered my second Pentium G3258 to see if I can get a little more performance from a different chip, at lest same performance but with a lot less voltage.biggrin.gif Got it for a fair bit less than my first... couldn't resist biggrin.giftongue.gif

Sweet score.
What was the batch of your original chip?
post #530 of 4581
Can someone benchmark PVZ garden warfare
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970