Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970 - Page 98

post #971 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

yarb... this sounds like a problem that's not related to ram...

either something wrong on the motherboard settings side... or BIOS needs update.. or sumtin'

hmm.. I have MSI PCMATE Z97 board, when I up the VDIMM to 1.65 or change VCCSA and leave VCCIOD on auto, VCCIOD doesn't go up and stays at stock 1.08.. is that the correct behaviour? Come to think of it auto seems to mean stock on my board for all voltages is this correct behaviour? O_O
post #972 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by abctoz View Post

hmm.. I have MSI PCMATE Z97 board, when I up the VDIMM to 1.65 or change VCCSA and leave VCCIOD on auto, VCCIOD doesn't go up and stays at stock 1.08.. is that the correct behaviour? Come to think of it auto seems to mean stock on my board for all voltages is this correct behaviour? O_O

Update bios to 4.2

do not use 4.3


I've thus far had great luck with 4.2
post #973 of 4581
Hi guys, I'm new here at OCN.
I have intel g3258 too and it's currently overclocked at 4.5Ghz @1.275v.
temps are 40C and 75C, idle and stress temp/100%load temp respectively.

I wanted to push my oc to whatever my cpu can.

My current CPU cooler is Deepcool Gammaxx s40 and I'm planning on buying a:
Antec 920 or
Cooler Master Hyper 212x

Which of two do you recommend to reach atleast 5ghz? biggrin.gif

and also, What is the maximum temperature and maximum cpu voltage i can give to this small monster? smile.gif
post #974 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJettedeGuzman View Post

Hi guys, I'm new here at OCN.
I have intel g3258 too and it's currently overclocked at 4.5Ghz @1.275v.
temps are 40C and 75C, idle and stress temp/100%load temp respectively.

I wanted to push my oc to whatever my cpu can.

My current CPU cooler is Deepcool Gammaxx s40 and I'm planning on buying a:
Antec 920 or
Cooler Master Hyper 212x

Which of two do you recommend to reach atleast 5ghz? biggrin.gif

and also, What is the maximum temperature and maximum cpu voltage i can give to this small monster? smile.gif

def stick with the 212... MORE than enough.
post #975 of 4581
Second G3258 4.5Ghz / 1.273v. Seems to run a lot cooler than the last one.


Edited by C-BuZz - 8/24/14 at 2:47am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
B55 790FXT-UD3 Xfire HD5850 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Raid Win7 Dell 3007WFP 2560x1600 1KW 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
B55 790FXT-UD3 Xfire HD5850 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Raid Win7 Dell 3007WFP 2560x1600 1KW 
  hide details  
Reply
post #976 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

def stick with the 212... MORE than enough.

Ill be purchasing Corsair H105 smile.gif I might be upgrading to I5 in the future smile.gif Thanks
post #977 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJettedeGuzman View Post

Ill be purchasing Corsair H105 smile.gif I might be upgrading to I5 in the future smile.gif Thanks

even for an i5... aio water coolers are a waste of time.. they're great for ati gpus.. but as far as CPU OC.. they really don't help all that much.rolleyes.gif
post #978 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

even for an i5... aio water coolers are a waste of time.. they're great for ati gpus.. but as far as CPU OC.. they really don't help all that much.rolleyes.gif

instead of purchasing a Corsair H105, what can you recommend instead?
post #979 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

even for an i5... aio water coolers are a waste of time.. they're great for ati gpus.. but as far as CPU OC.. they really don't help all that much.rolleyes.gif

That's BS. A 105 would work fine for an overclocked i5 and even an i7. They're not the best value, but they work fine in each price bracket depending on what you need.
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
Reply
post #980 of 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemama1956 View Post

That's BS. A 105 would work fine for an overclocked i5 and even an i7. They're not the best value, but they work fine in each price bracket depending on what you need.

Corsair H105 is around $105 under promotion thats why i'm going to buy that instead of a Antec 920 which has price of $63. smile.gif
Or can you recommend any cooler around $100 below which is good even if I upgrade to g3258? biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970