Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Zowie FK1 Competitive Gaming Mouse review - by Ino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Sponsored] Zowie FK1 Competitive Gaming Mouse review - by Ino - Page 190

post #1891 of 2101
I was considering getting a FK2 despite already having a homebrew FK2, but $95 AUD compared to $75 AUD for every other Zowie mouse? I hate to think what the EC1-A and EC2-A are going to cost down here.
post #1892 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by povohat View Post

I hate to think what the EC1-A and EC2-A are going to cost down here.

YES, we're going to be raped regarding the pricing for these devices (like we have been for years).

It's just we are so use to that type of predatory behaviour by our retailers it doesn't bear thinking about it anymore.

Just grin and endure the gaping here in this country when it comes to buying anything related to computer based hardware helpinghand.gif.
post #1893 of 2101
Tell me about it. The FK1 is 69€ (85$) in Europe. That's even north of Razer territory around here, and their prices are insane. Took the plunge though cause I had 50€ Amazon store credit, and got one over Prime. Hope to receive it soon, and really looking forward to trying the larger size over my much tried original FK.
post #1894 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

YES, we're going to be raped regarding the pricing for these devices (like we have been for years).

It's just we are so use to that type of predatory behaviour by our retailers it doesn't bear thinking about it anymore.

Just grin and endure the gaping here in this country when it comes to buying anything related to computer based hardware helpinghand.gif.

Makes it sad that all the top mice such as deathadder13/g502 sell here for $45/$65 shipped while all the other mice that we want are crazy inflated, it's like retailers are too busy ordering and unloading thousands of popular mice while only buying a handful of other mice to sell ridiculously inflated.

It's like their forcing everyone to only go razer frown.gif

HOWEVER, amazon is still cheaper for some mice like zowie even with the poor AU dollar and shipping costs.
post #1895 of 2101
Anyone else had the problem with the FK1 in CS GO that the click / shoot not get registered ? I scoope and shoot but nothing happend.
I dont have issues with right click. Or is this the click latency, because after click I switch weapons fast.I dont have that with my mionix naos.
post #1896 of 2101
Does the fk2 have the same lod adjustments?
post #1897 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexgore View Post

Anyone else had the problem with the FK1 in CS GO that the click / shoot not get registered ? I scoope and shoot but nothing happend.
I dont have issues with right click. Or is this the click latency, because after click I switch weapons fast.I dont have that with my mionix naos.

I had this happen to me too and I guess it is related to a light switch keyboard where you have binded your last inventory keyswitch which you just activated before the mouse click registered.


@zwacki: LOD on all Zowie mice is LOW an about ~1.5mm.
post #1898 of 2101
@detto87

from the OP:

"Now there is also the so called “original mode”. This sets the LOD to be on a standard level and therefore should optimize the mouse compatibility for players with special material mousepads. It will have higher LOD than all other settings. So this is useful for those players who prefer a higher LOD (looking at you Dontspamme). You get the “original mode” by holding Button 4, 1 and 2 at the same time while plugging the FK1 in."

I tried these button combinations on my ec1a to no avail, so i was wondering is this strictly for the fk1 or do other models have the same settings ?
post #1899 of 2101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwacki View Post

Does the fk2 have the same lod adjustments?

Yes it does
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1900 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwacki View Post

@detto87

from the OP:

"Now there is also the so called “original mode”. This sets the LOD to be on a standard level and therefore should optimize the mouse compatibility for players with special material mousepads. It will have higher LOD than all other settings. So this is useful for those players who prefer a higher LOD (looking at you Dontspamme). You get the “original mode” by holding Button 4, 1 and 2 at the same time while plugging the FK1 in."

I tried these button combinations on my ec1a to no avail, so i was wondering is this strictly for the fk1 or do other models have the same settings ?

At least the FK1 and FK2 have those.
I would guess that it's also possible on the new EC mice, as they incorporate the same sensor implementation.
Can test this out when my EC2-A arrives this week (which it will).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware Reviews Program
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Zowie FK1 Competitive Gaming Mouse review - by Ino