Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Zowie FK1 Competitive Gaming Mouse review - by Ino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Sponsored] Zowie FK1 Competitive Gaming Mouse review - by Ino - Page 192

post #1911 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33Ze View Post

Is anyone using FK1? i just wanna make sure that i didin't got a bad one, the mouse1 and mouse2 clicks are really different, i just can't ignore it in game like league of legends when i need to spam it (mouse2), in cs:go i don't mind because i don't really press mouse2 too often unless i awp.

Up load a decent video. As others have said they do sound different/
post #1912 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

It was well worth it for me because a) higher PCS (and better cursor feel overall) and b) better size. I've tried various other mice and many of them were better in some parts than the FK1 but still I always go back to it because the shape fits me so well and the sensor performs like I need it.

Haha ok both of those things don't matter to me, since even the WMO has enough PCS for me and I would buy the FK2 over the FK1 for the smaller size.
But thanks for your reply and better overall cursor feel sounds good.
Did your original FK have a 16 notch wheel and is the wheel of the FK1 much better (I think the 16 notch one is terrible).

Edit: does anyone have relyable information on how much the original FK and the FK2 weight?
What I found via google was that FK2 is 7g lighter than the original FK (87g vs 80g), but I kinda have a hard time believing that with the beafier sensor and all.
But if it's true that would put me over the edge to get the FK2.
Edited by RentoN - 1/30/15 at 11:55pm
post #1913 of 2101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZoopthKDE I think mine does exactly the same on the right click
post #1914 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentoN View Post

What I found via google was that FK2 is 7g lighter than the original FK (87g vs 80g), but I kinda have a hard time believing that with the beafier sensor and all.
But if it's true that would put me over the edge to get the FK2.

Definitely get the FK2 if you're a Zowie fan and needing a kick-arse ambidextrous input device thumb.gif.
post #1915 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentoN View Post

Edit: does anyone have relyable information on how much the original FK and the FK2 weight?
What I found via google was that FK2 is 7g lighter than the original FK (87g vs 80g), but I kinda have a hard time believing that with the beafier sensor and all.
But if it's true that would put me over the edge to get the FK2.
I would like to know this as well.
post #1916 of 2101
I weighed both orginal FK and FK1 with kitchen scale. Original was 84 grams and FK1 89 grams. They practically weight exactly what Zowie specifications say. No reason to believe FK2 would be different.
post #1917 of 2101
My mouse1 clicking sound - http://vocaroo.com/i/s19W4edk9Sqm
and my mouse 2 - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0V1jLq6N0iZ
Is that normal?
post #1918 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsplummi View Post

I weighed both orginal FK and FK1 with kitchen scale. Original was 84 grams and FK1 89 grams. They practically weight exactly what Zowie specifications say. No reason to believe FK2 would be different.

Sure. Except zowie doesn't specifiy the weight of the FK2 on it's website...

Edit: Ok, did some more googling and what to me looks like the most relyable sources say that both FK and FK2 weight the same - about 85g.
Too bad.
Edited by RentoN - 2/1/15 at 12:59am
post #1919 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33Ze View Post

My mouse1 clicking sound - http://vocaroo.com/i/s19W4edk9Sqm
and my mouse 2 - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0V1jLq6N0iZ
Is that normal?
Yes. Both left, and right buttons are violet Huanos, the highest quality. The clicking sound is a result of the density of a switch's surroundings, the shape of the mold, and the part of the button that attacks the switch. My FK1 sounds exactly the same as yours, and my original FK also has two different sounding switches.
post #1920 of 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by phl0w View Post

Yes. Both left, and right buttons are violet Huanos, the highest quality. The clicking sound is a result of the density of a switch's surroundings, the shape of the mold, and the part of the button that attacks the switch. My FK1 sounds exactly the same as yours, and my original FK also has two different sounding switches.
So it's not defective or anything like that? I can't really find any clicking sound tests in youtube, i still can't believe if it's normal mouse2 makes such a loud clicking noise that i can hear even with headphones (While playing league of legends the mouse2 smashing to move around)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware Reviews Program
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Zowie FK1 Competitive Gaming Mouse review - by Ino