Time for a small update. I am really busy now trying to sort out all the small stuff I still needed to do. I don't want to cut any corners now I am so closing to finishing it. All the small stuff is important as well. Here is a small picture loop of the progress so far.
First I started work on the sidepanel. It needed a big window to show all the goodies. I am normally not a fan of just one huge window. But I have so much stuff to show it was kind of inevitable.
He is the cover for the SSD I made from the UV Green acrylic. Ianovski made a vector for me for the sticker thqat will cover it. You will see it later.
Also here is the 1m sata cable I ordered for the SSD. All sleeved in shade 19 by MDPC-X. Turns out later it was a) too long and b) the 90 degree connector was too long making it get into a conflict with my illuminated midplate. Needless to say.... the midplate won. I ordered another SATA cable now.
Back to the sidepanel. Here is it all sanded and cleaned. Ready for its coat of primer.
I received my SSD cover sticker. The company that did it was different from last time. They took a million years to reply to an email. These guys also sent me 2 (in case I would do a boob and destroy the first one). As you can see coverage of the black isn't as good as the other one when backlit. But when in the case you cannot see this as it gets frontlit.
Here are the panels done.
It was NOT an easy trip to get here.
I have just shown you a picture of the door in primer.
So I prayed it black (soft shine).
First the inside of the panel. One coat, a small wait, another coat, perfect!
Turned it around, one coat, nice and clean, wait a bit, the second coat...during this second coat the can of spraypaint started to spit big blobs of paint instead of a nice even spray. Finish completely destroyed grrrr. Had to wait till it was dry next day to sand it all of again and spray it again. So next day in my lunchbreak went to a DIY shop and found they only had MOTIP spraypaint. Which was matt black. Meh spraypaint is spraypaint. So I bought a can. That evening I sanded, cleaned, sprayed....son of a b***h. :waah: :wallbash:
The spraypaint was enjoying the primer as much as Oekrain and Russia at the moment. In some spots it looked like the paint had been attacked with paintremover. It just bubbled up with cracks and all. ARRGGHHHHH :duh: :grr: :miffed:
Now I got pissed and actually grabbed my can of paint remover. Decided to go back to the metal this time. Got almost everything off. Sanded it nice and flat with 400 grid. Primed it AGAIN, went to my usual shop to get the spraypaint I usually use. Sprayed it again using 3 layers of black soft shine. And here we go. Finally :clap:
Nice and clean and it fits the pedestal very well
I am working now on two more covers and have ordered some aluminium L-pices to hide the UV-strip in. See you next time.