Originally Posted by Akhilcool
I bought a new SSD and HDD and removed the old one yesterday so it's running on a fresh install of Windows with no trace of any files from when I was using the GTX 770.
ok but your driver install might be borked.
the steps i posted earlier for uninstalling and installing driver if for someone switching brands. in your case i suggest reinstalling the driver.
here is what i do to install the driver.
1. Download 14.7 http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064#amd-catalyst-packages
2. Run it and use it to uninstall the current driver. YES, choose Uninstall. Use Express method
3. Do not Restart. Go to msconfig>startup>uncheck CCC and raptr (if present)>apply
5. Run 14.7 Beta again but this time Install it. Use Express method.
6. Reboot and let Windows do its thing. Windows logo might take awhile to finish but just wait till you get into windows.
steps 1-4 should only take a couple minutes. the rest about 8 -10 minutes.
edit: the cpu really needs to be oc'ed.Edited by rdr09 - 7/11/14 at 9:08pm