Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › IN WIN 901 Case Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IN WIN 901 Case Owners Thread - Page 43

post #421 of 512
Well, looks like this is still an active thread, so here we go. Excuse the poor image quality until I'll have better.




I semi-finished my build a week ago, and still trying to finalize the videocard. The official Inwin site says video card clearance is 124 mm. I am kind of hell bent on sticking an EVGA 1070 FTW into this thing, but that card comes with a width increase compared to SC, which makes it 128 mm. Does that push it over the comfortable range of putting the glass back on? Am I stuck with the SC if I really want that design?

I love this case by the way, been hunting for one, when I saw the golden ones here in Hungary for 100-ish Euros. Unfortunately by the time I could act, they were all gone. So I vigilantly scoured the web until I found my baby on ebay, and bought one in silver straight from the UK for 60... 60!! pounds. Best deal of my life.
Edited by Cynaris - 9/23/16 at 12:23pm

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #422 of 512
125mm clearance and you're physically touching the glass side panel. I have to move away from an EK waterblock for Asteria II because it was too tall and wouldn't be able to put the glass on.
Asteria II
(22 items)
 
Asteria
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inte i7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Impact Asus GTX Titan Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Western Digital WD10SPCX 1TB EK Supremacy EVO Watercool Heatkiller GPU X3 Titan LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360 Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 120 Alphacool DDC310 Aquacomputer DDC pump top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Aqua Computer ECO100 EK-HDC 12mm hardline fittings Acrylic 12mm hardline Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Silverstone Strider ST45SF-G V2.0 In Win 901 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova Roccat Kave 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Asteria II
(22 items)
 
Asteria
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inte i7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Impact Asus GTX Titan Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Western Digital WD10SPCX 1TB EK Supremacy EVO Watercool Heatkiller GPU X3 Titan LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360 Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 120 Alphacool DDC310 Aquacomputer DDC pump top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Aqua Computer ECO100 EK-HDC 12mm hardline fittings Acrylic 12mm hardline Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Silverstone Strider ST45SF-G V2.0 In Win 901 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova Roccat Kave 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #423 of 512
I see. That's unfortunate. I was hoping maybe with EVGA's upcoming power link it would fit in, but SC it is then.
post #424 of 512
Ever since I saw this case I liked it a lot. Sooner or later I will buy this, but as I read here on the forum it gets more and more difficult to buy this case because it's out of stock everywhere and not produced anymore. I know a few shops where I can still get one, but if I would not get hold of one, what are In Win's plans regarding a follow up case for this In Win 901? Perhaps with up to date ports such as USB 3.1 Gen 2 type C.

Meanwhile I find it a lot more difficult and at the same time more challenging to find a build that will fit in this case but also suits my needs and desires. I went through the whole thread but I still have a few questions:
- I would like to use an AIO-cooler for the CPU as this would keep some of the heat out of the case. Also it is a no-brainer to have an intake and an exhaust fan. If I understand correctly, static pressure fans are for radiators, while air flow fans are to be used as case fans? There are brands where they put "SP" or "AF" in the type name, or something that suggests what it is, but sometimes it is not clear. Also since there are so many types of fans it is hard to find the right ones. Noctua has very good ones but I do not like the colours. Can someone confirm that the 120mm intake fan is invisible in the In Win 901? That way colour would not matter
- Another big question mark is the GPU. As I have already decided to use Nvidia, it looks like most of the cards won't fit because of the width of the card. Old Twin Frozr's of MSI would fit but since my build is new I would go for a 1070 or even a 1080. Every website that can compare components shows length of the card as a filter parameter, but never width, which makes it harder to get a list of which cards would fit. It seams all blower style cards will fit, and are better as this also keeps the heat out, but as it would turn out, the Fouders Editions seem to be the best blower style cards available. Does anyone have any recommendations since these cards are fairly new so not a lot is said about them in this thread.

For those who would suggest an In Win 904 or even the 909, this build would be placed in my living room and I like how the 901 is small. Also I personally find that de proportions of the 901 are a lot more logical than the 904/909. Anyway thanks for reading and possibly some good suggestions or remarks.
post #425 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani64 View Post

Ever since I saw this case I liked it a lot. Sooner or later I will buy this, but as I read here on the forum it gets more and more difficult to buy this case because it's out of stock everywhere and not produced anymore. I know a few shops where I can still get one, but if I would not get hold of one, what are In Win's plans regarding a follow up case for this In Win 901? Perhaps with up to date ports such as USB 3.1 Gen 2 type C.

Meanwhile I find it a lot more difficult and at the same time more challenging to find a build that will fit in this case but also suits my needs and desires. I went through the whole thread but I still have a few questions:
- I would like to use an AIO-cooler for the CPU as this would keep some of the heat out of the case. Also it is a no-brainer to have an intake and an exhaust fan. If I understand correctly, static pressure fans are for radiators, while air flow fans are to be used as case fans? There are brands where they put "SP" or "AF" in the type name, or something that suggests what it is, but sometimes it is not clear. Also since there are so many types of fans it is hard to find the right ones. Noctua has very good ones but I do not like the colours. Can someone confirm that the 120mm intake fan is invisible in the In Win 901? That way colour would not matter
- Another big question mark is the GPU. As I have already decided to use Nvidia, it looks like most of the cards won't fit because of the width of the card. Old Twin Frozr's of MSI would fit but since my build is new I would go for a 1070 or even a 1080. Every website that can compare components shows length of the card as a filter parameter, but never width, which makes it harder to get a list of which cards would fit. It seams all blower style cards will fit, and are better as this also keeps the heat out, but as it would turn out, the Fouders Editions seem to be the best blower style cards available. Does anyone have any recommendations since these cards are fairly new so not a lot is said about them in this thread.

For those who would suggest an In Win 904 or even the 909, this build would be placed in my living room and I like how the 901 is small. Also I personally find that de proportions of the 901 are a lot more logical than the 904/909. Anyway thanks for reading and possibly some good suggestions or remarks.

It depends on what you mean by a "follow up case." We will certainly create another Mini-ITX chassis, however, the likelihood of making a similar or replica model is doubtful. We are aiming to create new and innovative models. Are you trying to have an HTPC setup? For gaming? Or both?
Reply
Reply
post #426 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Win Insight View Post

It depends on what you mean by a "follow up case." We will certainly create another Mini-ITX chassis, however, the likelihood of making a similar or replica model is doubtful. We are aiming to create new and innovative models...

Well, you could always do a limited edition LePhuronn Edition 901 that has 360mm radiator support thumb.gif this is, of course, assuming Asteria II goes according to plan and my wrist heals up properly to continue to project tongue.gif

Would be interesting to see my redesigned internals done properly properly on industrial an CNC press
Asteria II
(22 items)
 
Asteria
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inte i7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Impact Asus GTX Titan Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Western Digital WD10SPCX 1TB EK Supremacy EVO Watercool Heatkiller GPU X3 Titan LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360 Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 120 Alphacool DDC310 Aquacomputer DDC pump top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Aqua Computer ECO100 EK-HDC 12mm hardline fittings Acrylic 12mm hardline Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Silverstone Strider ST45SF-G V2.0 In Win 901 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova Roccat Kave 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Asteria II
(22 items)
 
Asteria
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inte i7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Impact Asus GTX Titan Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Western Digital WD10SPCX 1TB EK Supremacy EVO Watercool Heatkiller GPU X3 Titan LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360 Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 120 Alphacool DDC310 Aquacomputer DDC pump top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Aqua Computer ECO100 EK-HDC 12mm hardline fittings Acrylic 12mm hardline Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Silverstone Strider ST45SF-G V2.0 In Win 901 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova Roccat Kave 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #427 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePhuronn View Post

Well, you could always do a limited edition LePhuronn Edition 901 that has 360mm radiator support thumb.gif this is, of course, assuming Asteria II goes according to plan and my wrist heals up properly to continue to project tongue.gif

Would be interesting to see my redesigned internals done properly properly on industrial an CNC press

We are certainly open to the idea of creating a mini-ITX chassis that supports a 360mm radiator. smile.gif
Reply
Reply
post #428 of 512
Nice biggrin.gif

Because part of the project is to make the 901 still look as stock as possible, there are a couple of sacrifices/bodges involved as I relocate the PSU and hard drives. But you never know, as the project takes shape it might give you a few ideas. And I'd be more than happy to share what I've done afterwards.

Keep an eye on my project log (link in sig). Still nursing an injured wrist so i won't be making much progress just yet though.
Asteria II
(22 items)
 
Asteria
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inte i7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Impact Asus GTX Titan Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Western Digital WD10SPCX 1TB EK Supremacy EVO Watercool Heatkiller GPU X3 Titan LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360 Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 120 Alphacool DDC310 Aquacomputer DDC pump top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Aqua Computer ECO100 EK-HDC 12mm hardline fittings Acrylic 12mm hardline Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Silverstone Strider ST45SF-G V2.0 In Win 901 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova Roccat Kave 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Asteria II
(22 items)
 
Asteria
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inte i7 6700K Asus Maximus VIII Impact Asus GTX Titan Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Western Digital WD10SPCX 1TB EK Supremacy EVO Watercool Heatkiller GPU X3 Titan LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360 Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 120 Alphacool DDC310 Aquacomputer DDC pump top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Aqua Computer ECO100 EK-HDC 12mm hardline fittings Acrylic 12mm hardline Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM Silverstone Strider ST45SF-G V2.0 In Win 901 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kova Roccat Kave 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #429 of 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePhuronn View Post

Nice biggrin.gif

Because part of the project is to make the 901 still look as stock as possible, there are a couple of sacrifices/bodges involved as I relocate the PSU and hard drives. But you never know, as the project takes shape it might give you a few ideas. And I'd be more than happy to share what I've done afterwards.

Keep an eye on my project log (link in sig). Still nursing an injured wrist so i won't be making much progress just yet though.

Of course, one of the reasons we are present on Overclock is because we appreciate customer feedback. We cannot promise that everything suggested will be used in an upcoming model, but we do value our customer's wants and needs, and try to do everything possible that some sort of variant is applied.
Reply
Reply
post #430 of 512
Hi In Win Insight, thanks for the very quick reply! What I meant with a follow up case was a mini-ITX case with perhaps similar looks (at least the full glass sides) that is still in production and has some new extra's such as USB 3.1 Gen 2 type C. I am not talking about a clone of the previous model, but also not of some open frame case. I am very curious about what the next innovative one from In Win is. Gives me a dilemma: quickly go for the 901 or wait for the next mini-ITX model. :-)

The main purpose of the build I would like is gaming and regular work. As of now I do not need a HTPC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Win Insight View Post

It depends on what you mean by a "follow up case." We will certainly create another Mini-ITX chassis, however, the likelihood of making a similar or replica model is doubtful. We are aiming to create new and innovative models. Are you trying to have an HTPC setup? For gaming? Or both?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › IN WIN 901 Case Owners Thread