Welcome to OCN's Mod of the Month competition! This contest is open to all the members of Overclock.net; If you have a computer and you have taken time to make it awesome then you could win! Whether you are a pro case modder or a first time builder with a fresh idea, this contest is for you! Any posts flaming participants or bashing this competition will be reported and deleted. Please keep it friendly, this is a place to see showcased builds by members here on the forums and for like-minded members to get together and see what this community has to offer.
This month is for the 'Sponsored' class of Modders, it will be followed by the 'amateur' class next month and the 'professional' class the month after that. The Sponsored class is for sponsored Modders only. The winner will take home $250 dollars prize money, as well as having his build featured on the OCN homepage!
The Poll expires at midnight on the 4th of September GMT. Get your votes in!
Rules & Schedule (Click to show)
- Competitors each month are selected by nomination
- A member may nominate their own work at any time during the nomination period.
- If a member wishes to decline a nomination they may and it will not prevent them from entering again in the future
- If there are fewer than four nominations in any given month, those nominations will be rolled over to the next month's contest
- A nomination post should contain the name of the project, the name of the member, and a link to the thread. Please do not post pictures of the mods in the nomination phase.
- Any build log is eligible so long as it meets the following criteria:
- It is posted by an Overclock.net member
- If there is question over who the credit for a build should go to, the build should not be considered eligible for nomination
- In the event multiple members have worked on a project, the project should only be considered eligible if one of the members was clearly the primary contributor of both inspiration and work (this rule will be enforced by the honor of the members involved unless contested, in which case a staff member will consider the issue and post a decision)
- It is not posted on any other forums. If the project is posted on another forum, the log must link back to the OCN thread.
- Sponsored projects can only compete in the the sponsored class.
- The mod is either in progress or recently completed
- If the mod is in progress, it must be substantially on its way to completion; meaning that voters must be able to gain a solid impression of the quality and aesthetic of the final product from the current state of the project
- There has been a new update to the build log within 3 months of the opening of nominations
- The build has not been entered in more than one previous MOTM
- The winner will be selected by popular vote
- The eligible nominations will be put into a poll for other members to vote on
- It is up to each voter to determine what criteria they feel the nominees should be judged by, so long as they feel the one they select is the best.
- You must be a member of the site before the start of voting to vote. Any votes by members who joined after the start of voting will be removed from the poll.
- The prizes include:
- $150 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner for the Amateur Class
- $250 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner for the Professional Class
- $250 (USD) via PayPal to the first place winner for the Sponsored Class
- A Mod of the Month badge for first place that links to the winning build log below each of the winner's posts
- Having the winning build log featured on the carousel on the site's home page for one month
- Nominations open on the first day of the month
- Nominations close on the 22nd of each month
- Three days are allotted to compile the list of nominations and verify their eligibility. Nominees must respond to my PM within this time or they automatically decline nomination for that month.
- Poll is posted on the 25th of each month with a duration of 7 days
- Classes will rotate on a monthly basis. Amateur, Professional and Sponsored.
- Winners of previous MOTM contests are only eligible the Professional or Sponsored class.
- PARVUM SYSTEMS
- Lutr0o Sleeve
B-NEGATIVE - CL0S3 IMPACT (images) (Click to show)
Jameswalt1 - PARVUM TITANFALL (images) (Click to show)
Gardnerphotos - Sour Apple (images) (Click to show)
- Cooler Master
Hukkel - GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER (images) (Click to show)
Edited by el gappo - 8/27/14 at 6:00pm