Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Top Available Hard/Cloth Mouse pads
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Top Available Hard/Cloth Mouse pads - Page 85

post #841 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1337dude View Post

What's wrong with the standard QcK vs the QcK+ and the heavy? Is it wortth returning my QcK back to best buy and ordering a heavy online? Or should I be trying to get a puretrak pad? It's difficult to make any choices.
I've been using my func 1030 forever (almost a decade?). If I wanted to I could still use it. I'm not sure what coating you're specifically referring to. Only reason I'm switching it out is because I want to try a good cloth pad.

I'd get the qck heavy over the qck+ because of two reasons

1) The elevation of 0.6mm feels better for me
2) After extended use the qck heavy wears but never to a point where the mouse feels like it has excessive drag - the qck+ wore down more and felt like it had excessive drag after a year.

I also prefer qck heavy over puretrak talent. You just need to grab a heavy and stick with it for over a year. smile.gif
post #842 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I'd get the qck heavy over the qck+ because of two reasons

1) The elevation of 0.6mm feels better for me
2) After extended use the qck heavy wears but never to a point where the mouse feels like it has excessive drag - the qck+ wore down more and felt like it had excessive drag after a year.

I also prefer qck heavy over puretrak talent. You just need to grab a heavy and stick with it for over a year. smile.gif

Just curious, but most people say QcK Heavy [and Team Edition QcK+] have 'bubbles' in the base, causing it not to lay perfectly flat, and causing an inconsistent glide in certain places. Wouldn't a QcK+ avoid that issue due to it's extremely thin base? Just something I thought of randomly, theoretically it made sense, at least I thought.

Anyway, @ncck getting the QcK Heavy definitely feels a lot better than a QcK+, speaking from past experience. The thickness just felt a lot better, and more comfortable since I rest my wrist on my pad, but not elbow. It really comes down to:
  • What game(s) do you play?
  • How do you position your arm on your desk/mousepad normally?
  • Is your desk completely flat? Do you plan on attending LANs?


post #843 of 926
my two cents: my super bubbly allsop raindrop feels flatter than my artisan hayate
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #844 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

my two cents: my super bubbly allsop raindrop feels flatter than my artisan hayate

I just purchased an Allsop raindrop XL for 10$. Coming from a steelseries qck+ this actually feels slightly better IMO. I am able to stop perfectly and it's not to fast like the qck+. Basically I feel as if I have more control. Very suprising as I never would expect this to be good gaming mousepad. Saw some reviews and how people it's quality. It's very high quality and if it was completely black I wouldn't be suprised if you can't tell the difference from other "high" end mousepads. For 10$ you can't really beat the price! The box has an intellimouse on it which I am using as well thumb.gif

Very suprised by the quality however the only other mousepad I have used is the qck+.
post #845 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

Just curious, but most people say QcK Heavy [and Team Edition QcK+] have 'bubbles' in the base, causing it not to lay perfectly flat, and causing an inconsistent glide in certain places. Wouldn't a QcK+ avoid that issue due to it's extremely thin base? Just something I thought of randomly, theoretically it made sense, at least I thought.

Anyway, @ncck getting the QcK Heavy definitely feels a lot better than a QcK+, speaking from past experience. The thickness just felt a lot better, and more comfortable since I rest my wrist on my pad, but not elbow. It really comes down to:
  • What game(s) do you play?
  • How do you position your arm on your desk/mousepad normally?
  • Is your desk completely flat? Do you plan on attending LANs?


Any differences between the heavy and the mass?
post #846 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1337dude View Post

Any differences between the heavy and the mass?
The SteelSeries QcK Heavy is much larger. The QcK Mass is basically the regular SteelSeries QcK mousepad, but as thick as the QcK Heavy. I'll list the specs so you can see. The image down below; the smallest is a QcK Mini on top of the QcK Mass, with the QcK Heavy on the bottom.

SteelSeries QcK Heavy Specs: 450 mm x 400 mm x 6 mm / 17.7 inches wide x 15.75 inches tall x 0.2 inches tall


SteelSeries QcK Mass Specs
: 285 mm x 320 mm x 6 mm / 11.2" x 12.6" x 0.2" inches

post #847 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1337dude View Post

I've been using my func 1030 forever (almost a decade?). If I wanted to I could still use it. I'm not sure what coating you're specifically referring to. Only reason I'm switching it out is because I want to try a good cloth pad.

i just mean wear. the coating wears off, and thus the glide changes over time.
the center of my pad is now very, very smooth, while the edges still have their texture. because of this, the center feels different than the surface around the edges.
i bought this thing because its longevity was so hyped. turns out it's just another mediocre coated pad after all.
post #848 of 926
Can someone recommend good pads for Roccat Savu? I personally have tested and find good: QCK+, Artisan Hayate, Goliathus Control, Taito. These mousepads are either too small or have too much friction(qck+). Someone mentioned Puretrak Talent but it's also quite small for me.

Thanks.
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #849 of 926
Apparently the DKT is back in stock (USA only atm)
http://www.dktbrand.com/

did anyone already have it? If so what could you say about it and how it compares to other pads you had
post #850 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceskeleton View Post

Apparently the DKT is back in stock (USA only atm)
http://www.dktbrand.com/

did anyone already have it? If so what could you say about it and how it compares to other pads you had
For some reason, I can't see DKT himself having the funding to make a better quality mousepad than the multiple pads available at the moment. Of course, that's purely speculation, but it's not 2004 anymore.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Top Available Hard/Cloth Mouse pads