Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Owner's club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Owner's club - Page 193

post #1921 of 6154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaRunner View Post

So my Newegg 3-day shipping order is supposedly being shipped using a delivery service named Ontrac... I have never heard of them and so I decided to do a quick google search and whoa there are a lot of bad reviews and warnings about this company (often shipping for Newegg and Amazon Prime orders). Best part is the following is an exact quote under their terms and conditions:

"Our guarantee does not apply to shipments delayed by conditions beyond our control including but not limited to: acts of God, perils of the air, land, and sea; airline delays; weather conditions; acts of public enemies or terrorists; war; strikes; civil commotion; or acts or omissions of public authorities including Department of Agriculture, TSA, DOT, PES, and customs and health officials with actual or apparent authority. "

Could someone please enlighten me what shipping error exactly constitutes as an act of God?...

I am not impressed so far. We shall see what comes of this.
IIRC, Acts of God refers to natural disasters. At least in insurance terms.

Amazon uses Ontrac as well and I have no complaints. Whenever it's being shipped by Ontrac I get the package the next day even if I picked ground services. I'm located in SoCal so it might not be 1-day for you.
post #1922 of 6154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post

IIRC, Acts of God refers to natural disasters. At least in insurance terms.

Amazon uses Ontrac as well and I have no complaints. Whenever it's being shipped by Ontrac I get the package the next day even if I picked ground services. I'm located in SoCal so it might not be 1-day for you.

Thanks for the clarification and info! I have just never heard of this company before much less terms and conditions described as such. Oh obscure Newegg shipping partner, how thou frighten me.
post #1923 of 6154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaRunner View Post

Thanks for the clarification and info! I have just never heard of this company before much less terms and conditions described as such. Oh obscure Newegg shipping partner, how thou frighten me.
To be honest, if you google any shipping carrier, you'll hear about nightmares no matter what. When I see my package is being sent by Ontrac, i'm always glad since it's 1-day shipping and they usually deliver my packages earlier in the day compared to UPS/USPS/Fedex. Again tho, this is just my experience and it depends where you live.
post #1924 of 6154
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1925 of 6154
I wonder what the issue is. I don't see this shortage being due to demand. Wonder if they stopped shipping in order to fix something... I put in an express RMA for my monitor about two weeks ago and am still in queue.
post #1926 of 6154
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeeo View Post

I wonder what the issue is. I don't see this shortage being due to demand. Wonder if they stopped shipping in order to fix something... I put in an express RMA for my monitor about two weeks ago and am still in queue.

I agree. This is an extreme shortage. We're now almost in November. I mean, are there really that many people around that would spend $800+ on a monitor?

Strange how ASUS has been so quiet lately in regards to the Swift's availability...
Project X99 mATX
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820k EVGA X99 Micro mATX EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Corsair H110 Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 RGB Corsair HX850i Corsair 350D Logitech G700s 
Audio
Logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.5 GHz ASUS Maximus VI Formula 2 x EVGA GTX 780 Ti in SLI 16GB G.SKILL Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 256GB SSD EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ 2 x EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Acrylic EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Photon 170 w/ D5 Vario Pump Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 280mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PB278Q 1440p LED Logitech G510 Corsair AX1200i Corsair Obsidian 750D 
Mouse
Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
Project X99 mATX
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820k EVGA X99 Micro mATX EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Corsair H110 Windows 8.1 Pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 RGB Corsair HX850i Corsair 350D Logitech G700s 
Audio
Logitech G930 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.5 GHz ASUS Maximus VI Formula 2 x EVGA GTX 780 Ti in SLI 16GB G.SKILL Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 256GB SSD EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ 2 x EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Acrylic EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Photon 170 w/ D5 Vario Pump Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 280mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PB278Q 1440p LED Logitech G510 Corsair AX1200i Corsair Obsidian 750D 
Mouse
Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1927 of 6154
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeeo View Post

I wonder what the issue is. I don't see this shortage being due to demand. Wonder if they stopped shipping in order to fix something... I put in an express RMA for my monitor about two weeks ago and am still in queue.

When I called Newegg a couple days ago, they said they had an active order of about 140-160 units with the first batches (as seen on nowinstock) beginning to arrive late last week and more expected to arrive over the next week or two. I think it is just trickling in slowly.

Fry's and Microcenter both seem to have pulled the item for the time being (too many returns?).

Best Buy seems to be receiving erratic but continued supply.

From what Descadent has been saying, it seems Amazon stopped directly selling the product last month and is only selling through 3rd parties and open box warehouse deals.

I would honestly recommend making sure you keep an eye on Newegg over the next week or two if you are looking to buy.
post #1928 of 6154
Quote:

I was just about to post the same thing here. I called the Microcenter in MN this morning to inquire about the status change, because I've been watching the website inventory for two weeks now (I missed the ROG Swift they got in last week, someone beat me to it). The employee I spoke with confirmed that his internal system was reflecting the same inventory status.

I was really hoping to buy this locally, because it would allow for an easier return in the case of a faulty display.
post #1929 of 6154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaRunner View Post

So my Newegg 3-day shipping order is supposedly being shipped using a delivery service named Ontrac... I have never heard of them and so I decided to do a quick google search and whoa there are a lot of bad reviews and warnings about this company (often shipping for Newegg and Amazon Prime orders). Best part is the following is an exact quote under their terms and conditions:

"Our guarantee does not apply to shipments delayed by conditions beyond our control including but not limited to: acts of God, perils of the air, land, and sea; airline delays; weather conditions; acts of public enemies or terrorists; war; strikes; civil commotion; or acts or omissions of public authorities including Department of Agriculture, TSA, DOT, PES, and customs and health officials with actual or apparent authority. "

Could someone please enlighten me what shipping error exactly constitutes as an act of God?...

I am not impressed so far. We shall see what comes of this.

Yeah, as other's have stated, you'll always see a ridiculous amount of negative reviews simply because people don't post positive things on the internet every time they use a service haha.

That said, if you ever order from Newegg, always at least choose the 3 day shipping. Their saver shipping is complete TRASH. I ordered my original 780 Classified last year using their cheapest shipping and it took it 11 days to arrive... That saver shipping basically passes your package from fed ex to usps to fed ex to usps over and over again, which results in a ridiculous level of delays. 11 days to move a package from CA to TN is just absurd when I basically always receive packages from anywhere in 3 days with "standard" shipping.
post #1930 of 6154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaRunner View Post

So my Newegg 3-day shipping order is supposedly being shipped using a delivery service named Ontrac... I have never heard of them and so I decided to do a quick google search and whoa there are a lot of bad reviews and warnings about this company (often shipping for Newegg and Amazon Prime orders). Best part is the following is an exact quote under their terms and conditions:

"Our guarantee does not apply to shipments delayed by conditions beyond our control including but not limited to: acts of God, perils of the air, land, and sea; airline delays; weather conditions; acts of public enemies or terrorists; war; strikes; civil commotion; or acts or omissions of public authorities including Department of Agriculture, TSA, DOT, PES, and customs and health officials with actual or apparent authority. "

Could someone please enlighten me what shipping error exactly constitutes as an act of God?...

I am not impressed so far. We shall see what comes of this.

If you look at the clauses for UPS and FedEx they state the same thing. I have never had Ontrac but I have had DHL and it was not a pleasant experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaelstromOC View Post

Yeah, as other's have stated, you'll always see a ridiculous amount of negative reviews simply because people don't post positive things on the internet every time they use a service haha.

That said, if you ever order from Newegg, always at least choose the 3 day shipping. Their saver shipping is complete TRASH. I ordered my original 780 Classified last year using their cheapest shipping and it took it 11 days to arrive... That saver shipping basically passes your package from fed ex to usps to fed ex to usps over and over again, which results in a ridiculous level of delays. 11 days to move a package from CA to TN is just absurd when I basically always receive packages from anywhere in 3 days with "standard" shipping.

I did 3 day on my 5870 a few years ago and it to 14 days to reach me in oklahoma city from memphis (usually 2 day no matter the shipping speed). I have ordered several things from the egg in the last 2 weeks and have done free on every one and got every one in 3 days. Seems like it is luck of the draw much like any shipping.
My System
(18 items)
 
Wifes' System
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASUS Maximus V Extreme 3x EVGA GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper 32 GB Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Seagate Barracuda WD Black Custom Cooling Loop 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 64bit Asus PG278Q ROG Swift QNIX 27" Rosewill Mechanical Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova Classified 1500W Corsair Obsidian 900D R.A.T. 7 X Trac Ripper 
AudioOther
Creative SoundBlaster Recon 3D Bigfoot Killer 2100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Nvidia GTX 770 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 Pro H100i Corsair AX760 Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Custom 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
Wifes' System
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASUS Maximus V Extreme 3x EVGA GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper 32 GB Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Seagate Barracuda WD Black Custom Cooling Loop 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 64bit Asus PG278Q ROG Swift QNIX 27" Rosewill Mechanical Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova Classified 1500W Corsair Obsidian 900D R.A.T. 7 X Trac Ripper 
AudioOther
Creative SoundBlaster Recon 3D Bigfoot Killer 2100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Nvidia GTX 770 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 Pro H100i Corsair AX760 Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Custom 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Owner's club