Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread - Page 362

post #3611 of 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by tistou77 View Post

Hello

I have a small question
With 2 7990, GPU-Z (and other softs) indicate the two graphics card (and the 4 GPU) at x16 with 5820K, is this normal?
The 5820K has only 28 lines pcie

Most likely only showing the lane status of the first card.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #3612 of 10619
Why I am looking for help here ? Hmmm because its owners thread - maybe someone have same problem like me before and solve it ?
How do I install windows ? If you read my previous posts it is my second RVE after RMA and I have windows from first mobo because its 100% the same hardware. Of course I instal newest drivers for all hardware up to date. I am experienced computer owner for long time (from 286 and my first OC was on pentium 75MHz).
I always try everything before sending hardware to RMA (clear and even reflash bios) instaling hardware again/other hardware to check, testing memory for errors, cpu for stability using all testers posible.
I write "cold boot after night" because my english is bad and I write about it too. About official help - I send another ticket to asus and I am waiting for reply.
About "cold boot after night" - I know what is cold boot but in this case i called it like that because my computer don't want to boot to windows after few hours when he was turned off - I can play/net/heating/stressing all day and another day in morning first turn on - bsod or error codes.
About bios - 901 as I say earlier, and ram in red slots of course .

For now - all time stable.

Tomorow I will check if problem was in settings I change before:

fast boot ON
disable asus logo
Asmedia hdd controler OFF
post #3613 of 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyk155 View Post

Why I am looking for help here ? Hmmm because its owners thread - maybe someone have same problem like me before and solve it ?
How do I install windows ? If you read my previous posts it is my second RVE after RMA and I have windows from first mobo because its 100% the same hardware. Of course I instal newest drivers for all hardware up to date. I am experienced computer owner for long time (from 286 and my first OC was on pentium 75MHz).
I always try everything before sending hardware to RMA (clear and even reflash bios) instaling hardware again/other hardware to check, testing memory for errors, cpu for stability using all testers posible.
I write "cold boot after night" because my english is bad and I write about it too. About official help - I send another ticket to asus and I am waiting for reply.
About "cold boot after night" - I know what is cold boot but in this case i called it like that because my computer don't want to boot to windows after few hours when he was turned off - I can play/net/heating/stressing all day and another day in morning first turn on - bsod or error codes.
About bios - 901 as I say earlier, and ram in red slots of course .

For now - all time stable.

Tomorow I will check if problem was in settings I change before:

fast boot ON
disable asus logo
Asmedia hdd controler OFF

I worked the highest level of Asus phone tech support for a few years. Good luck.

EDIT: Sounds like you might not have your "initial" voltages for CPU and RAM set in BIOS.

EDIT 2: Guide by Linus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4ixZE7EWo#t=342
Edited by LuckyDuck69 - 1/11/15 at 8:11pm
post #3614 of 10619
@LuckyDuck69 You say you have worked in Asus tech support for a few years.. maybe you will know this as i am not sure.. On the RVE and the voltage monitoring points, if i solder a small connector to permanently connect my DMM does that void warranty?
Going to be chaep
(16 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH MSI GTX460 G.Skill TridentX 2400 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M5p 128GB 2 x WD 500GB Blues LG Prolimatech Megahalems Rev C 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Arctic F12 CO PWM x 2 Push/Pull Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate LG IPS235V Corsair AX850 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced (Asia version) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Inno3D Ichill GTX660 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128GB WD black 500GB Liteon Coolermaster Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 932gwe+ OCZ ZT series 550W Coolermaster 410 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1.67Ghz Atom stock 1GB DDR2 2 x 500GB Western Digital Cavier Blacks [RAID 1] 
CoolingOSPowerCase
stock DSM3.2 [built on linux] stock stock 
OtherOther
Synology DX510 Expansion unit 5 x 1TB WD Cavier Blacks in a RAID 6 
  hide details  
Reply
Going to be chaep
(16 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH MSI GTX460 G.Skill TridentX 2400 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M5p 128GB 2 x WD 500GB Blues LG Prolimatech Megahalems Rev C 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Arctic F12 CO PWM x 2 Push/Pull Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate LG IPS235V Corsair AX850 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced (Asia version) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Inno3D Ichill GTX660 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128GB WD black 500GB Liteon Coolermaster Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 932gwe+ OCZ ZT series 550W Coolermaster 410 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1.67Ghz Atom stock 1GB DDR2 2 x 500GB Western Digital Cavier Blacks [RAID 1] 
CoolingOSPowerCase
stock DSM3.2 [built on linux] stock stock 
OtherOther
Synology DX510 Expansion unit 5 x 1TB WD Cavier Blacks in a RAID 6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3615 of 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

@LuckyDuck69 You say you have worked in Asus tech support for a few years.. maybe you will know this as i am not sure.. On the RVE and the voltage monitoring points, if i solder a small connector to permanently connect my DMM does that void warranty?

Yes
post #3616 of 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

@LuckyDuck69 You say you have worked in Asus tech support for a few years.. maybe you will know this as i am not sure.. On the RVE and the voltage monitoring points, if i solder a small connector to permanently connect my DMM does that void warranty?

Yes

Thank you for the confirmation smile.gif guess i will be voiding warranty then but i am ok with that tongue.gif
Going to be chaep
(16 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH MSI GTX460 G.Skill TridentX 2400 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M5p 128GB 2 x WD 500GB Blues LG Prolimatech Megahalems Rev C 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Arctic F12 CO PWM x 2 Push/Pull Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate LG IPS235V Corsair AX850 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced (Asia version) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Inno3D Ichill GTX660 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128GB WD black 500GB Liteon Coolermaster Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 932gwe+ OCZ ZT series 550W Coolermaster 410 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1.67Ghz Atom stock 1GB DDR2 2 x 500GB Western Digital Cavier Blacks [RAID 1] 
CoolingOSPowerCase
stock DSM3.2 [built on linux] stock stock 
OtherOther
Synology DX510 Expansion unit 5 x 1TB WD Cavier Blacks in a RAID 6 
  hide details  
Reply
Going to be chaep
(16 items)
 
Wife's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH MSI GTX460 G.Skill TridentX 2400 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Plextor M5p 128GB 2 x WD 500GB Blues LG Prolimatech Megahalems Rev C 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Arctic F12 CO PWM x 2 Push/Pull Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate LG IPS235V Corsair AX850 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced (Asia version) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Inno3D Ichill GTX660 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128GB WD black 500GB Liteon Coolermaster Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 932gwe+ OCZ ZT series 550W Coolermaster 410 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
1.67Ghz Atom stock 1GB DDR2 2 x 500GB Western Digital Cavier Blacks [RAID 1] 
CoolingOSPowerCase
stock DSM3.2 [built on linux] stock stock 
OtherOther
Synology DX510 Expansion unit 5 x 1TB WD Cavier Blacks in a RAID 6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3617 of 10619
These settings should easily get you to the desktop, KamyK155. Just adjust for your specific memory timings, etc. Do take note that you need to scroll all the way down in DRAM Timing Control to set the DRAM Eventual Voltages.













For what it's worth. This guy recommended avoiding Corsair Vengeance RAM on the R4E: "A quick note on Corsair Vengeance RAM: I personally would stay away from this RAM. The forum is full of threads where the problems turn out to be with these kits. Corsair is a good manufacturer and I have nothing against their higher end kits, in fact I have no problem in recommending them. But they have dropped the ball on this line on X79…they just don’t work on many X79 boards; or in harmony with the CPU’s IMC."

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25510-Rampage-IV-Extreme-RAM-Guide
Edited by LuckyDuck69 - 1/11/15 at 8:34pm
post #3618 of 10619
Today morning I power on computer twice - still good and no bsod or freeze or error codes.
Later today after work I will try to use XMP or OC touching only voltage for cpu nothing else.
The only thing which may cause errors is FASTBOOT or ASMEDIA HDD CONTROLER. I don't think it's disabling asus logo.
I get answer from asus rma - they say "send us your memory full specification and screen from 2-3 hours of LinX testing memory" - because I write them that it's not memory problem I test them for hours using lots of testers/burners if I can enter windows.
So - load bios optimized - is still good for 1,5 days.
post #3619 of 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyk155 View Post

Today morning I power on computer twice - still good and no bsod or freeze or error codes.
Later today after work I will try to use XMP or OC touching only voltage for cpu nothing else.
The only thing which may cause errors is FASTBOOT or ASMEDIA HDD CONTROLER. I don't think it's disabling asus logo.
I get answer from asus rma - they say "send us your memory full specification and screen from 2-3 hours of LinX testing memory" - because I write them that it's not memory problem I test them for hours using lots of testers/burners if I can enter windows.
So - load bios optimized - is still good for 1,5 days.

I would check CPU OC first and leave memory at auto/2133. Set everything stable and then start memory overclocking.
3000 memory clock is usually not stable using XMP settings ( at least it never worked for me and I already tested couple of DDR4 kits ). You have to play with some additional options.
I would recommend you to switch to 100bclk and set x30 ratio. For me it's easier to stabilize than 125bclk even though in every guide I see that 125bclk is best.

Try Rampage Tweak 1 or 2. 1 is usually helping with bd error code during boot ( common issue on these boards with 3000 or higher clock ).
post #3620 of 10619
Load optimized - still working good.

Now testing:
CPU - 40x100 1,225V
RAM - 2133 15-15-15 auto no XMP 1,2V

CPU is stable in games and testers (like before) but main problem is to check turning on/off computer.
Now I am doing something - turn OFF.
Turn ON - doing something - turn OFF.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread