Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread - Page 989

post #9881 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

mine is not in a case yet...

I've tried a Maker 5 from CM and a corsair case and both the io slot is bigger than the II shield of the board. So there is a good 1/2 inch gap

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #9882 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfindercod View Post

I've tried a Maker 5 from CM and a corsair case and both the io slot is bigger than the II shield of the board. So there is a good 1/2 inch gap

Did you install the I/O shield bracket? Could have sworn there was still an I/O shield to wrap around the one already pre-attached.
2015 X99 Build
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5960X Rampage V Extreme EVGA GTX980Ti KPE EVGA GTX980Ti KPE 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 2666C15 @ 2666C13 Intel SSD 750 400GB Custom water loop 2x EK PE 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XE 480mm EK Supremacy EVO 2x EK Supremacy VGA EK X-RES / D5 PWM 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Vardar F3-120/F4-120ER all around 2x Dell U2713  Custom Sprit PCB / Poker II MX Clear Corsair AX1200 Individually sleeved 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Thermaltake X9 Snow edition Logitech G502 / Razer Mamba 2015 Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Schiit Magni 2 Uber 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 980X Rampage III Extreme EVGA GTX580 EVGA GTX580 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator-GT 3x2GB DDR3-2000 C8 Corsair Vengeance 6x4GB Crucial M4 128GB Custom loop. 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP ZR2740W Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Razer Invicta Xonar Xense 
  hide details  
Reply
2015 X99 Build
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5960X Rampage V Extreme EVGA GTX980Ti KPE EVGA GTX980Ti KPE 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 2666C15 @ 2666C13 Intel SSD 750 400GB Custom water loop 2x EK PE 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XE 480mm EK Supremacy EVO 2x EK Supremacy VGA EK X-RES / D5 PWM 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Vardar F3-120/F4-120ER all around 2x Dell U2713  Custom Sprit PCB / Poker II MX Clear Corsair AX1200 Individually sleeved 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Thermaltake X9 Snow edition Logitech G502 / Razer Mamba 2015 Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Schiit Magni 2 Uber 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 980X Rampage III Extreme EVGA GTX580 EVGA GTX580 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator-GT 3x2GB DDR3-2000 C8 Corsair Vengeance 6x4GB Crucial M4 128GB Custom loop. 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP ZR2740W Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Razer Invicta Xonar Xense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9883 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post

Did you install the I/O shield bracket? Could have sworn there was still an I/O shield to wrap around the one already pre-attached.
There is indeed a frame that goes on the edge.
CaseLabs Panda
(29 items)
 
Bench table
(18 items)
 
Fractal White
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960X Rampage V Extreme KFA² GTX 980Ti HOF Watercooled Kingston HyperX HX426C13PB2K4/16 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ Kingston v300 Intel SSD 535 EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Coostream XE 360 EK-Vardar F4-120ER EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario (incl. pump) Win10 / Win 8.1 / Win 7 / Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Ducky Channel Shine III MX black - white LED /... Enermax Platimax 1000w dimastech easy v3 
MouseMouse Pad
logitech G9X HyperX 900x400 / Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
CaseLabs Panda
(29 items)
 
Bench table
(18 items)
 
Fractal White
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960X Rampage V Extreme KFA² GTX 980Ti HOF Watercooled Kingston HyperX HX426C13PB2K4/16 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ Kingston v300 Intel SSD 535 EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Coostream XE 360 EK-Vardar F4-120ER EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario (incl. pump) Win10 / Win 8.1 / Win 7 / Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Ducky Channel Shine III MX black - white LED /... Enermax Platimax 1000w dimastech easy v3 
MouseMouse Pad
logitech G9X HyperX 900x400 / Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9884 of 10638
Great so I guess I got an open box from newegg or it was overlooked during manufacturer boxing.
post #9885 of 10638
Here is a pic showing the stuff you should have gotten in the box... There is an I/O frame to the upper right.

http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/7/7/7764_06_asus-rog-rampage-extreme-10-intel-x99-motherboard-review_full.jpg
post #9886 of 10638
Asus Rampage V extreme not posting, showing error "00" after windows 10 anniversary attempt. frown.gif

Everything starts yesterday when I was trying to install the anniversary patch for windows 10, after downloading the patch the computer restarts to begin with the installation process, after a few minutes the computer restarts showing me the bios screen with a message, telling me that my OC failed, then I tried to restart with the factory settings for the motherboard, after that the motherboard show me the "00" error, the CPU led it's illuminated and the PCIE 4 Led it's flashing nonstop.

After that I referred myself to the manual, this "00" as far I can understand with my really limited knowledge means that for some reason the CPU it's not been recognised by the motherboard, I try a few solutions myself after a few minutes on google, this is a list of all the things I was able to try:

• Clear the Cmos
• Switch between bios chips
• Switch to "slow mode"
• change the LN2 jumper position
• removing the battery
• Unistall and re install the CPU
• Trying with only one ram stick at a time

At this moment I don't have any more solutions, nor idea of what it's wrong with the system, I don't like to use the word desperate, but I really don't know if the entire system it's broken

I was running the system for a whole year rock solid since I installed all the water-cooling parts.

Any advice would be most welcome.


My system specs:

OS: Windows 10
CPU: Intel i7 5930K OC 4.4 ghz
MOBO: Asus rampage V extreme
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2600Mgz 16GB
Video cards: 2X SLI Gigabyte 980Ti G1 OC 1400 ghz
PSU: EVGA Super nova 1000w

The CPU and the GPUs are water-cooled with EK parts the temperatures are optimal for the system, the CPU temperatures are between the 45C - 50C under load
the GPU's temperatures are between the 40C - 50C
post #9887 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgeek View Post

Asus Rampage V extreme not posting, showing error "00" after windows 10 anniversary attempt. frown.gif

Everything starts yesterday when I was trying to install the anniversary patch for windows 10, after downloading the patch the computer restarts to begin with the installation process, after a few minutes the computer restarts showing me the bios screen with a message, telling me that my OC failed, then I tried to restart with the factory settings for the motherboard, after that the motherboard show me the "00" error, the CPU led it's illuminated and the PCIE 4 Led it's flashing nonstop.

After that I referred myself to the manual, this "00" as far I can understand with my really limited knowledge means that for some reason the CPU it's not been recognised by the motherboard, I try a few solutions myself after a few minutes on google, this is a list of all the things I was able to try:

• Clear the Cmos
• Switch between bios chips
• Switch to "slow mode"
• change the LN2 jumper position
• removing the battery
• Unistall and re install the CPU
• Trying with only one ram stick at a time

At this moment I don't have any more solutions, nor idea of what it's wrong with the system, I don't like to use the word desperate, but I really don't know if the entire system it's broken

I was running the system for a whole year rock solid since I installed all the water-cooling parts.

Any advice would be most welcome.


My system specs:

OS: Windows 10
CPU: Intel i7 5930K OC 4.4 ghz
MOBO: Asus rampage V extreme
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2600Mgz 16GB
Video cards: 2X SLI Gigabyte 980Ti G1 OC 1400 ghz
PSU: EVGA Super nova 1000w

The CPU and the GPUs are water-cooled with EK parts the temperatures are optimal for the system, the CPU temperatures are between the 45C - 50C under load
the GPU's temperatures are between the 40C - 50C
Use the Media Creation Tool, download the ISO, use Rufus to make a UEFI USB, do a clean install, just unplug any slave dRives when you do.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9888 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

Use the Media Creation Tool, download the ISO, use Rufus to make a UEFI USB, do a clean install, just unplug any slave dRives when you do.

Hi thanks for the rapid response, are you referring to a bios flash with a USB using the flash button behind the motherboard?

or are you referring to a new windows installation? if thats the case for me it's not possible, because I'm not able to see anything on the screen. frown.gif

Thanks for your answer smile.gif
post #9889 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgeek View Post

Asus Rampage V extreme not posting, showing error "00" after windows 10 anniversary attempt. frown.gif

Everything starts yesterday when I was trying to install the anniversary patch for windows 10, after downloading the patch the computer restarts to begin with the installation process, after a few minutes the computer restarts showing me the bios screen with a message, telling me that my OC failed, then I tried to restart with the factory settings for the motherboard, after that the motherboard show me the "00" error, the CPU led it's illuminated and the PCIE 4 Led it's flashing nonstop.

After that I referred myself to the manual, this "00" as far I can understand with my really limited knowledge means that for some reason the CPU it's not been recognised by the motherboard, I try a few solutions myself after a few minutes on google, this is a list of all the things I was able to try:

• Clear the Cmos
• Switch between bios chips
• Switch to "slow mode"
• change the LN2 jumper position
• removing the battery
• Unistall and re install the CPU
• Trying with only one ram stick at a time

At this moment I don't have any more solutions, nor idea of what it's wrong with the system, I don't like to use the word desperate, but I really don't know if the entire system it's broken

I was running the system for a whole year rock solid since I installed all the water-cooling parts.

Any advice would be most welcome.


My system specs:

OS: Windows 10
CPU: Intel i7 5930K OC 4.4 ghz
MOBO: Asus rampage V extreme
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2600Mgz 16GB
Video cards: 2X SLI Gigabyte 980Ti G1 OC 1400 ghz
PSU: EVGA Super nova 1000w

The CPU and the GPUs are water-cooled with EK parts the temperatures are optimal for the system, the CPU temperatures are between the 45C - 50C under load
the GPU's temperatures are between the 40C - 50C

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34201-CPU-LED-00-Q-Code-about-done-with-Asus-boards/page3
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9890 of 10638

Thanks for the reference, just after I did uninstall and re install the CPU I also check for damages on the CPU connectors and the Socket pins, And I couldn't find any damage, I will check a second time with a magnifying glass looking for bended pins and scratches on the connectors.

Thanks for your answer smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread