Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North American users only)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North American users only) - Page 196

post #1951 of 15774
Damn I thought we'd seen the last of this. Is it just me or does every reported case involve a corsair power supply
post #1952 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

Damn I thought we'd seen the last of this. Is it just me or does every reported case involve a corsair power supply

I don't know but my ErP S5 state worked on all motherboards, it doesn't work on the X99 Deluxe with the same Corsair AX860i
DeskStar
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930K Asus X99 Deluxe EVGA GTX980 Ti SC+ ACX2.0+ SLI 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2800@2666MHz 15-15-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Western Digital Black 2TB Corsair Force GT 240GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor PX-B320SA Blu-ray Corsair H80i AIO Windows 10, CentOS 7 EIZO S2433W 24.1" 1920x1200 60Hz 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair AX860i Lian-li PC7FNWX Gigabit Internet Cyberpower Smart UPS PR1500ELCD 1500VA/1350W Si... 
  hide details  
Reply
DeskStar
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930K Asus X99 Deluxe EVGA GTX980 Ti SC+ ACX2.0+ SLI 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2800@2666MHz 15-15-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Western Digital Black 2TB Corsair Force GT 240GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor PX-B320SA Blu-ray Corsair H80i AIO Windows 10, CentOS 7 EIZO S2433W 24.1" 1920x1200 60Hz 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair AX860i Lian-li PC7FNWX Gigabit Internet Cyberpower Smart UPS PR1500ELCD 1500VA/1350W Si... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1953 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post

Which UEFI version are you running?

Not sure where you are based, if it's North America and you need an RMA let me know and I can hook you up with the Customer Loyalty team.

Indeed I am Europe based, already in contact with my resellers to send the various pieces back (CPU and mobo at least).
Latest BIOS version (904, published end of September)
However I wanted to report this issue, as no definitive root cause has been identified, up to my knowledge, and I would like to know what I should do to avoid this problem to happen again.
Should I get rid of the Corsair PSU? It costed me 400 euros, so I was expecting something rock solid that does not blow my whole system down.
Should I stick with the Asus Deluxe also? I am wondering if the Rampage series have already encountered such mysterious meltdown already?
Edited by stilgars - 10/20/14 at 1:55pm
post #1954 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilgars View Post

Indeed I am Europe based.
Latest BIOS version (904, published end of September)
However I wanted to report this issue, as no definitive root cause has been identified, up to my knowledge, and I would like to know what I should do to avoid this problem to happen again.
Should I get rid of the Corsair PSU? It costed me 400 euros, so I was expecting something rock solid that does not blow my whole system down.
Should I stick with the Asus Deluxe also? I am wondering if the Rampage series have already encountered such mysterious meltdown already?
Off topic: Did you have the Corsair PSU at stock, or did you change the settings to make it single rail?
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1955 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland2 View Post

Off topic: Did you have the Corsair PSU at stock, or did you change the settings to make it single rail?

Did not change anything at the PSU level, not even installed the iLink crapware - from what I gathered from the docs, it is supposed to be single rail but OCT protected at stock.
post #1956 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilgars View Post

Did not change anything at the PSU level, not even installed the iLink crapware - from what I gathered from the docs, it is supposed to be single rail but OCT protected at stock.

From the Corsair website "Multi-Rail mode by default that can be configured into a single rail through Corsair Link software"
So the power supply should have protected from an over current condition.
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1957 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland2 View Post

From the Corsair website "Multi-Rail mode by default that can be configured into a single rail through Corsair Link software"
So the power supply should have protected from an over current condition.

I have read this, it seemed to imply the opposite.

Corsair LINK interface
Thanks to the DSP-based design, the AX1500i can be accessed using the Corsair Link interface. This server-inspired diagnostic tool can record and monitor real-time efficiency, power usage, and adjust fan profiles. Uniquely, the AX1500i can also be configured as a multi-rail device with individual PCIe over-current protection (OCP) trip points.
post #1958 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilgars View Post

I have read this, it seemed to imply the opposite.

Corsair LINK interface
Thanks to the DSP-based design, the AX1500i can be accessed using the Corsair Link interface. This server-inspired diagnostic tool can record and monitor real-time efficiency, power usage, and adjust fan profiles. Uniquely, the AX1500i can also be configured as a multi-rail device with individual PCIe over-current protection (OCP) trip points.

The two statements are not contradictory. The part you quoted didn't say what the default was.

If you read the blog from Corsair's AX1500i website on setting the over current you will find more info"The AX1500i features OCP (over current protection) on each PCIe and EPS12V connector (the 8-pin connectors on the modular interface) that can be controlled by the user. By default, OCP is enabled and set to 30A."
If you read this article: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008, you will see that before about March of 2013 the AX power supplies were shipped as single rail, but since then, they have been multi rail by default.
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1959 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland2 View Post

The two statements are not contradictory. The part you quoted didn't say what the default was.

If you read the blog from Corsair's AX1500i website on setting the over current you will find more info"The AX1500i features OCP (over current protection) on each PCIe and EPS12V connector (the 8-pin connectors on the modular interface) that can be controlled by the user. By default, OCP is enabled and set to 30A."
If you read this article: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008, you will see that before about March of 2013 the AX power supplies were shipped as single rail, but since then, they have been multi rail by default.

Ok thank you - so basically, what you are saying is that you think the PSU should not be a problem by itself, since it was multi-rail configured?
post #1960 of 15774
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilgars View Post

Ok thank you - so basically, what you are saying is that you think the PSU should not be a problem by itself, since it was multi-rail configured?

"Should not" That is my thought, yes.
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
R5E X99
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia GTX780Ti Nvidia GTX780Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 SAMSUNG XP941 SAMSUNG 850 EVO WD4003FZEX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG BluRay ReWriter Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 8.1 64bit with media center 3x Qnix QX2710LEDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 EVGA Supernova ATX 1600 Thermaltake Level 10 GT Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Speakers: Altek BXR1221 Headphones: Superlux HD-681 EVO G13 Gaming board 
Other
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North American users only)