Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club ==
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

== Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == - Page 1407

post #14061 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizwan View Post

I was under the impression that the FPS for all parts should be identical? Or it actually doesn't matter as long as the test complete successfully? Not much information at the author website though.

Not necessarily identical but if the ratio is below around 0.980 consistently then more tuning may be needed. As stated previously background activity can cause this also
post #14062 of 22289
Can anyone explain why using XMP of my memory I cant OC a 5820k past 4ghz? XMP is DDR4 3000, corsair vengence at 1.35 volts with timings of 15 15 15 37 2T. It automatically sets BCLK to 125 and I adjust multiplier from there. Anything past 4.0ghz and i can't get it to post, even if i set cpu voltage to 1.3+ volts. Even tried bumping up CPU VIN up to 1.9+. Is there something else I should be looking at here? I'm on an EVGA Micro 2 if that helps.

On the flip side if I set memory to auto, BCLK stays at 100, and I can easily hit 4.5 with adaptive 1.27 volts with a smidgen of offset. Auto memory timings are 15 15 15 36 2T at 1.2 volts. Pretty sure I can hit 4.6 using this method as well.

Is trying to use XMP a lost cause? I guess what I'm asking is there any advantage to running BLCK at 125 with XMP than not using XMP and keep BCLK at 100? They're just different ratios correct?
post #14063 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

As I've said to you before, there comes a point where you just have to use the machine. System Agent can be tricky, but finding stability with one or two tests will bring this in close enough as long as other aspects of the overclock are stable.

For instance

Set VCCSA incrementally from 0.900v up until stability is found with known good memory settings.

GSAT 2 hours > Pass

Post stability issue > 10mv increment

AD Hang on OS hand off > 10mv increment

If unsure at this point retest GSAT, then HCI.


Much more than this you risk wasting too much time - soak test settings. It's nice to know you're tuned in, but it's really not a crime if you are a little more than 20mv outside of what the system would be comfortable with

I'm not really worried about being a little over with the voltages, personally I think it's better than being too little, nothing worse when you're right in the middle of something and you get a system crash from that exact reason, plus temps are good, even today with the 35c temps..lol.
But like I said I went back to the thoroughly tested overclock settings, just left the VCCIN 20mv higher, but with the vdroop it drops back to 1.920v idle and 1.904v load so I'm sure it can't hurt.
My VCCSA of 1.050v seems to be the sweet spot, if I go under I'll get a hard lock, plus I was using it for 2 days, gaming, 7zip, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Handbrake x264.

MSI boards are a different beast though, they just hard lock no matter what's causing it, I'm yet to see a BSOD due to cpu voltages being to low.. rolleyes.gif
post #14064 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by solariss View Post

Can anyone explain why using XMP of my memory I cant OC a 5820k past 4ghz? XMP is DDR4 3000, corsair vengence at 1.35 volts with timings of 15 15 15 37 2T. It automatically sets BCLK to 125 and I adjust multiplier from there. Anything past 4.0ghz and i can't get it to post, even if i set cpu voltage to 1.3+ volts. Even tried bumping up CPU VIN up to 1.9+. Is there something else I should be looking at here? I'm on an EVGA Micro 2 if that helps.

On the flip side if I set memory to auto, BCLK stays at 100, and I can easily hit 4.5 with adaptive 1.27 volts with a smidgen of offset. Auto memory timings are 15 15 15 36 2T at 1.2 volts. Pretty sure I can hit 4.6 using this method as well.

Is trying to use XMP a lost cause? I guess what I'm asking is there any advantage to running BLCK at 125 with XMP than not using XMP and keep BCLK at 100? They're just different ratios correct?

When the board sets the FSB strap to 125, where are you setting the multiplier. If you set it to 40x then you are actually trying to run you CPU at 5.0G. Try setting the CPU multi to 32 and that should get you 4.0. Same as the cach multiplier
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14065 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

When the board sets the FSB strap to 125, where are you setting the multiplier. If you set it to 40x then you are actually trying to run you CPU at 5.0G. Try setting the CPU multi to 32 and that should get you 4.0. Same as the cach multiplier

I'm already doing that, I can run 4.0 fine with XMP (125*32), any higher is where I'm having problems. I don't get why I can run auto on memory and easily get 4.5 (100*45), yet with XMP I can't break 4.0 with the same voltages that can get me 4.5 using 100*45.
post #14066 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post

I'm not really worried about being a little over with the voltages, personally I think it's better than being too little, nothing worse when you're right in the middle of something and you get a system crash from that exact reason, plus temps are good, even today with the 35c temps..lol.
But like I said I went back to the thoroughly tested overclock settings, just left the VCCIN 20mv higher, but with the vdroop it drops back to 1.920v idle and 1.904v load so I'm sure it can't hurt.
My VCCSA of 1.050v seems to be the sweet spot, if I go under I'll get a hard lock, plus I was using it for 2 days, gaming, 7zip, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Handbrake x264.

MSI boards are a different beast though, they just hard lock no matter what's causing it, I'm yet to see a BSOD due to cpu voltages being to low.. rolleyes.gif


This platform is prone to that type of instability in general regardless of vendor - if the overclock is unstable. Normally insufficient VCCIN, cache or memory instability, for which obviously the VCCSA has a direct impact on
post #14067 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post


Two hours of AID64 doesn't really say much beyond ruling out the most obvious instabilities. If you are just playing games and don't have any irreplaceable data on your system, it may still be enough.

Well I do a lot of video editing, which hasn't seem to phase the system, but I'd rather not loose my work needlessly. It seems I should run the test a bit longer. I just hate sitting there mindlessly waiting (I don't like walking away for too long since its ridding 80-86C)
X99
(14 items)
 
Nickle
(13 items)
 
Workstation
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-5960X ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX 980 TI G. Skill DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Intel 750 Samsung 950 Pro Cooler Master 212 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer XB270HU Logitech G910 EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 
CaseMouse
Cosair 900D Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.1GHz 1.248V w/o HT Gigabyte UD3R MSI GTX 470 880/1760/2050 Cosair Dominator 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Crucial SSD C300 64 GB 1x WD Caviar Black Liteon DVD/CD Win 7 64 Bit ASUS VE276Q 27" 1920x1080 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000 Cooler Master HAF X 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5 2675 V3 Xeon E5 2675 V3 Asus Z10PE-D16 WS GTX 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung M386A4G40DM0-CPB 256GB Samsung 850 EVO X4 Raid 10 Western Digital RE X3 Raid 5 Intel 750 SSD 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua DS14 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova P2 750 Caselabs SM8 
OtherOtherOther
LSI 9361-8i Raid Card Intel X520-DA2 10Gb NIC Intel-280 Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(14 items)
 
Nickle
(13 items)
 
Workstation
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-5960X ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX 980 TI G. Skill DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Intel 750 Samsung 950 Pro Cooler Master 212 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Acer XB270HU Logitech G910 EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 
CaseMouse
Cosair 900D Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.1GHz 1.248V w/o HT Gigabyte UD3R MSI GTX 470 880/1760/2050 Cosair Dominator 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Crucial SSD C300 64 GB 1x WD Caviar Black Liteon DVD/CD Win 7 64 Bit ASUS VE276Q 27" 1920x1080 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000 Cooler Master HAF X 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5 2675 V3 Xeon E5 2675 V3 Asus Z10PE-D16 WS GTX 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung M386A4G40DM0-CPB 256GB Samsung 850 EVO X4 Raid 10 Western Digital RE X3 Raid 5 Intel 750 SSD 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua DS14 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova P2 750 Caselabs SM8 
OtherOtherOther
LSI 9361-8i Raid Card Intel X520-DA2 10Gb NIC Intel-280 Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14068 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by solariss View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

When the board sets the FSB strap to 125, where are you setting the multiplier. If you set it to 40x then you are actually trying to run you CPU at 5.0G. Try setting the CPU multi to 32 and that should get you 4.0. Same as the cach multiplier

I'm already doing that, I can run 4.0 fine with XMP (125*32), any higher is where I'm having problems. I don't get why I can run auto on memory and easily get 4.5 (100*45), yet with XMP I can't break 4.0 with the same voltages that can get me 4.5 using 100*45.

I don't know what your memory default to but I'm sure it's loose compared to the 3000 CL15. So if your cache multi is in line as well I would suggest System agent voltage or IO voltage. It must be related to your ram/CPU interaction. I haven't got my platform up and running yet still waiting for my CPU but I thought I would offer what help I can based on other experience
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14069 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

This platform is prone to that type of instability in general regardless of vendor - if the overclock is unstable. Normally insufficient VCCIN, cache or memory instability, for which obviously the VCCSA has a direct impact on

Well I just did a 1500% HCI Memtest, no error's detected, so I'll just start using the machine again.
I won't lie sometimes it's hard to get out of the mind set of "has to be Prime95 stable", wasn't till yesterday I knew how much extra power the program draws for who knows what reason.. biggrin.gif
post #14070 of 22289
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post

Well I just did a 1500% HCI Memtest, no error's detected, so I'll just start using the machine again.
I won't lie sometimes it's hard to get out of the mind set of "has to be Prime95 stable", wasn't till yesterday I knew how much extra power the program draws for who knows what reason.. biggrin.gif

I suspect you have your system dailed into its happy spot very well now schoolofmonkey, so I hope you enjoy your system.
I've enjoyed keeping up with your OC as I have learned a bit through the questions you have asked, props for that thumb.gif
And much gratitude to all who shared valueable info.

Seems you have had some fun tuning your system up schoolofmonkey. As I know I have had fun with mine.

I just hope that I did not drag you down a bit with the VCCSA tuning thing
You know, sharing my findings chasing tight fps numbers via the x265 benchmark tool, even though it can be erratic in that regards at times.
Relieved to see that you have settled your VCCSA in at a reasonable voltage.

Must admit I have been playing around with my VCCSA at 1.03 to 1.04 as of late, along with lowering my VCCIN a tad.
Been running x264 and x265 a bunch this week. It can be fun getting tight numbers in x265 benchmark.
I digress as I chase my tail, lol



Enjoy your system schoolofmonkey



.
Tuf0ne
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K  ASUS SABERTOOTH X99  GTX TitanX CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2666C15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO x3 LG Black 16x Blu-Ray BDXL SATA Internal rewriter  EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block XSPC RX480 Quad-Fan Radiator V3 - Black  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XTOP D5 PWM Pump  EK-FC Titan X Waterblock - Nickel + Acetal  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Radiator 280mm Windows 10 x64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU RAZER Blackwidow Chroma EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certifi...  Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo 
Mouse
RAZER DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Tuf0ne
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K  ASUS SABERTOOTH X99  GTX TitanX CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2666C15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 850 PRO x3 LG Black 16x Blu-Ray BDXL SATA Internal rewriter  EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block XSPC RX480 Quad-Fan Radiator V3 - Black  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XTOP D5 PWM Pump  EK-FC Titan X Waterblock - Nickel + Acetal  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Radiator 280mm Windows 10 x64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU RAZER Blackwidow Chroma EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certifi...  Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo 
Mouse
RAZER DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club ==