Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club ==
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

== Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == - Page 2184

post #21831 of 21835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

you're fine at 1.22V for 4.5 with 66C in AID64 Other stressors would raise temps further (like Asus Realbench) but if AID64 stability is all you need... enjoy.
Regarding Auto voltages... the auto rules are set up to cover the range of CPUs out there so always tend to run high. Your cpu looks like a low voltage sample... Auto will be high. Many CPUs can;t do 4.5 (realbench stable) with less than 1.3V... hence the Auto voltage you saw. Why did you wait so long before taking control of voltages? blinksmiley.gif.

And no... control the voltage your self rather than live with Auto voltage. This is Overclock.net, what reply would you expect? wink.gif

Jpmboy thanks for getting back smile.gif


Well, it actually crashed one hour into Aida64 stress test at 1.22V (it had no problem clearing Asus Realbench). Would 1.25V be the next logical step up or should I go 1.23,1.24,1.25?

For stability you said other stressors would raise temps further, do I need to to check any other stressors other than Aida64 and Asus Realbench?

And for longevity, would >1.3V be the limit? I plan on using the cpu for many years so would like to treat it well. How about temps, would >80C be best? or should keep it around the 65C mark?

For the voltage the only thing I am changing is the multiple and the Core CPU voltage, is that alright?

And lastly, how long should I have Aida64 and Asus Realbench running for to test stability?

The reason I had it running on auto voltage @4.2 was for stability, this is a machine I am using for work so stability is vital. Also I am using a big air cooler (D15S) and although its great, I thought I better keep it happy by keeping the temps down.

Thank you Jpmboy and PloniAlmoni for getting back!
post #21832 of 21835
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaoqeRG View Post

Jpmboy thanks for getting back smile.gif


Well, it actually crashed one hour into Aida64 stress test at 1.22V (it had no problem clearing Asus Realbench). Would 1.25V be the next logical step up or should I go 1.23,1.24,1.25?

For stability you said other stressors would raise temps further, do I need to to check any other stressors other than Aida64 and Asus Realbench?

And for longevity, would >1.3V be the limit? I plan on using the cpu for many years so would like to treat it well. How about temps, would >80C be best? or should keep it around the 65C mark?

For the voltage the only thing I am changing is the multiple and the Core CPU voltage, is that alright?

And lastly, how long should I have Aida64 and Asus Realbench running for to test stability?

The reason I had it running on auto voltage @4.2 was for stability, this is a machine I am using for work so stability is vital. Also I am using a big air cooler (D15S) and although its great, I thought I better keep it happy by keeping the temps down.

Thank you Jpmboy and PloniAlmoni for getting back!
depending on what the use-scenario is for the rig, stability testing would be tailored for that use... so, for a gaming rig, 1 hour of realbench stresstest with all ram committed to the run covers 99% of gaming uses. If you game and stream/capture video, realbench + x264 + 5 or so loops of Intel burn test is plenty. In all cases, ALWAYS verify the stability of the ram (oc or not) with HCi Memtest and/or Google Stressapptest. check this thread for "how-to". smile.gif
x99
(28 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
Ryzen C6H
(13 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanX w/ EK Blocks & Backplates 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tesla C-class 2 GTX Titan X Pascal (water cooled) GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor 256GB M6e M.2 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
r5 1600x ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero Sapphire RX 580 G.Skill 4266 c19-19-19 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SM951 WD Black NH-D15 Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1920x1200 120Hz Ducky Seasonic 760 Platinum none :-) 
Mouse
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(28 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
Ryzen C6H
(13 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanX w/ EK Blocks & Backplates 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tesla C-class 2 GTX Titan X Pascal (water cooled) GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor 256GB M6e M.2 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
r5 1600x ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero Sapphire RX 580 G.Skill 4266 c19-19-19 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SM951 WD Black NH-D15 Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1920x1200 120Hz Ducky Seasonic 760 Platinum none :-) 
Mouse
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #21833 of 21835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

depending on what the use-scenario is for the rig, stability testing would be tailored for that use... so, for a gaming rig, 1 hour of realbench stresstest with all ram committed to the run covers 99% of gaming uses. If you game and stream/capture video, realbench + x264 + 5 or so loops of Intel burn test is plenty. In all cases, ALWAYS verify the stability of the ram (oc or not) with HCi Memtest and/or Google Stressapptest. check this thread for "how-to". smile.gif

Many thanks, my use case is rendering in 3D, will definitely do a Memtest thumb.gif

If you can advice on the other questions when you have time I would really appreciate it.
post #21834 of 21835
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaoqeRG View Post

Many thanks, my use case is rendering in 3D, will definitely do a Memtest thumb.gif

If you can advice on the other questions when you have time I would really appreciate it.

the voltage ceiling really depends on the temperatures the chip will hit. I prefer to keep th echip(s) well below 80C (but use custom water). Depending on which board you have (plz fillout rigbuilder) the guides in this thread will help. 1.3V is fine for 24/7... basically forever with an HWE. There are other voltages you should control, VCCIN, Vcache, and LLC as explained in that thread. For complex 3D rendering, aid64 is not likely enough. HCi memtest... not the old memtest86+. Check the INtel ram thread I linked to. thumb.gif
x99
(28 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
Ryzen C6H
(13 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanX w/ EK Blocks & Backplates 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tesla C-class 2 GTX Titan X Pascal (water cooled) GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor 256GB M6e M.2 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
r5 1600x ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero Sapphire RX 580 G.Skill 4266 c19-19-19 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SM951 WD Black NH-D15 Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1920x1200 120Hz Ducky Seasonic 760 Platinum none :-) 
Mouse
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(28 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
Ryzen C6H
(13 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanX w/ EK Blocks & Backplates 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tesla C-class 2 GTX Titan X Pascal (water cooled) GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor 256GB M6e M.2 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
r5 1600x ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero Sapphire RX 580 G.Skill 4266 c19-19-19 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SM951 WD Black NH-D15 Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1920x1200 120Hz Ducky Seasonic 760 Platinum none :-) 
Mouse
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #21835 of 21835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

the voltage ceiling really depends on the temperatures the chip will hit. I prefer to keep th echip(s) well below 80C (but use custom water). Depending on which board you have (plz fillout rigbuilder) the guides in this thread will help. 1.3V is fine for 24/7... basically forever with an HWE. There are other voltages you should control, VCCIN, Vcache, and LLC as explained in that thread. For complex 3D rendering, aid64 is not likely enough. HCi memtest... not the old memtest86+. Check the INtel ram thread I linked to. thumb.gif

Many thanks, will definitely check both threads thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club ==